• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That could be a steal. Offer a grand and make it a project. Rebuilding a 2 stroke is a breeze.

Did they have the compression in the ad before you went or did they use your numbers? Kudos to them if they posted it initially.
The guy didn't have much info in the initial ad just that it wasn't running. He used my compression readings but didn't take my advice to list more detail about the package (i.e., Pwc cover, new battery, rebuilt carbs, up to date registration, new trailer tires and included fuel container). He also didn't drop his asking price. He offered to sell it too me for $1k after I did the compression check so if he still has it in a few days I will offer him a little less.

I don't mind rebuilding the top end but if it's something down in the block like the crank / crank bearings I just assume let someone else have all that fun and expense. It would be great if it's just a leaking head gasket but I'm never that lucky.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Taking a charter bus to squaw valley to do some snowboarding with my son. Got up at 4:15 to meet the bus. This is what I see right now and will for the next 3 to 4 hours.
Ronnie - did you sleep all the way home ? I was expecting to see some pictures from the day, Little Ronnie getting some air, Big Ronnie coming out of the trees, :winkingthumbsup"

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I slept a little on the way but watched the movies they played on the way back. My son did get a lot of air at snow park and I fortunately didn't experience any major accidents but was also reluctant to go too fast or get to close to trees or drop offs. We intentionally left the go pros at home and only took a few pics with our iPhones. Here are a few.

image.jpg image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a nice looking car with an appropriate personalized license plate. As I understand it all new Vettes (c7/generation 7) starting in 2014 are Sting Rays.
IMG_7876.JPG IMG_7877.JPG

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Weekend project.
20161230_053338.jpg

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe there are other trim levels other than sting ray. But I may be the entry level. @AZDANSX230HO would know for sure.
You have the basic Corvette Stingray with different levels of options, then you have the Z06 which is the higher horsepower engine and it's a wide body car. GM will later come out with a ZR1 which they normally wait a few years and it typically has more horsepower than the Z06. All great cars!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw this at a candy store last night.
IMG_2061.JPG

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stopped to take a break while on a road trip and happened to see two things that caught my eye.

IMG_7942.JPG IMG_7943.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man if I knew I could those I would sell mine. I would have been a millionaire by now and my wife not as mad for the dirty laundry.
Uh that seems like TMI/over sharing. Just kidding, it's all In good Fun.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same road trip just passed a multi-vehicle (about 30) accident on the main freeway between north and south California (highway 5). The backup going south is over 10 miles and counting as I write this . Hell of a way to spend New Year's Eve, in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere in the rain. Most have no idea what happended ahead of them and there is no estimate on how long it will take to clear. It happened three hours before I passed it. Unfortunately two people have died so far. If a pic is worth a thousand words here are a few thousand words. FYI I took them as a passenger with plenty of time to do so, the accident is on the other side of the freeway but there is still a lot of rubber neck traffic on the side I'm on.

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same road trip just passed a multi-vehicle (about 30) accident on the main freeway between north and south California (highway 5). The backup going south is over 10 miles and counting as I write this . Hell of a way to spend New Year's Eve, in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere in the rain. Most have no idea what happended ahead of them and there is no estimate on how long it will take to clear. It happened three hours before I passed it. Unfortunately two people have died so far. If a pic is worth a thousand words here are a few thousand words. FYI I took them as a passenger with plenty of time to do so, the accident is on the other side of the freeway but there is still a lot of rubber neck traffic on the side I'm on.
Wow! That's one hell of an accident.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nice that you have an indoor space to work in. That's a big job.
Work shop. I get the week in there and i gotta give it up. Worked all day today though.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My view at the Bama-Washington game today. Roll Tide Roll!
IMG_4929.JPG

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sitting on the dock enjoying the peacefulness in a little fog watching the Cowboy game.14832971759571970098579.jpg

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Starting our floors to do finished dyed and sealed concrete IMG_1424.JPG

And the finished at the end of the day pic. Need to isolate wiring and pull framing out. We are going to put a small island/cabinet from the right for counter space/storage and use it as a serving station when family is over. IMG_1429.JPG

Last edited: