• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where has the rum gone?

@Emma and @Gavin think I might be a little tipsy. Surely @Rana will find some more!

IMG_0276.JPG

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to share how my awesome daughter spent her New Years Day. So much braver than me. lol

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Made my Wife a little something for Christmas. A 3D, lighted shadowbox:

upload_2017-1-3_11-51-9.png upload_2017-1-3_11-51-38.png

It was my first real shot at scroll-saw work (using the scroll saw I inherited from my Dad) so there are a few "apprentice marks" but overall I think it came out fairly well. (Some will say Dad was smiling down on me as I did the work. I say he was laughing his tail off at me every time I broke a blade or made an "oops.")

The Wife was completely surprised and thrilled to get it. She said it's the best gift she's ever gotten. (Kinda makes me think I'm a bad shopper...:confused:)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that turned out really well, good job!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to share how my awesome daughter spent her New Years Day. So much braver than me. lol
Why do they deploy that little chute right at the beginning? IS that to make them fall slower so the ride is longer? Or is it a safety thing?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Why do they deploy that little chute right at the beginning? IS that to make them fall slower so the ride is longer? Or is it a safety thing?
You'll never see me jumping out of an airplane, but here is the reason I found via wiki:
All modern tandem skydiving systems use a drogue parachute, which is deployed shortly after leaving the plane in order to decrease the skydivers' terminal velocity. This is necessary for proper parachute deployment, lengthening the duration of the skydive, and allowing the skydivers to fall at the same speed as videographers.​

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Basically makes you fall at the same speed as a single person. I have jumped tandem 3 times now. The 2nd time I went our drogue chute didn't open correctly and it was noticeably different than the times it worked like it should have.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not me but that is a sweet pic!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wrong car for the job.
IMG_7978.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Umm, I think he needed something with a trunk, bed or roof rack, at the very least an unoccupied seat. I failed to mention that The pic was taken between rain storms, so if he was in the road for more than 10 minutes afterwards he and his guest got wet.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pic/post I just got (niece enlisted in the Navy).
image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Drift Away , at least it's not raining or snowing. Wow, you live right on the water, That must be awesome. How come your boat is not in the background?

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20161210_135916.jpg
@Drift Away , at least it's not raining or snowing. Wow, you live right on the water, That must be awesome. How come your boat is not in the background?
Its all salt back there. We are about 2 miles from the gulf. If i had a boat lift id keep it back here. Its gonna get down in the low 40's tomorrow. We are not set up for anything below 60 here in fl.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Me, the boys, and our favorite movie.
20170107_162414.jpg
Edit btw: hate the current setup of tv and sound equip... don't judge