• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well..... My daughter's senior year of basketball is over. Torn ACL and 2 tears in meniscus. She is starting physical therapy next week to increase range of motion before surgery and most likely will have surgery in about 3 weeks.
View attachment 50222
I am so sorry to hear that. I wish her well.

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_8245.JPG

In honor of Bruce's birthday Gavin bought him a new pillow cases....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My St. Louis Boat Show trophy:
2017 Quad Hyperlite Wakesurfer 59"

upload_2017-1-28_23-3-7.pngupload_2017-1-28_23-7-20.png

That thing is amazing, weighs next to nothing.

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Daughter shooting skeet for the first time today. And she enjoyed it!

20170129_171425.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Daughter shooting skeet for the first time today. And she enjoyed it!

View attachment 50499
I certainly hope you don't mind me asking: wonder if your daughter is naturally left hand-eye dominant, or cross dominant. I have cross dominance riding high in my family and it is a really tough issue for me. To retrain your eye -- or to retrain your arm/whole body? I never quite figured it out, so when I shoot, I shoot cross dominant which works surprisingly well (for me) but looks awful.

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I certainly hope you don't mind me asking: wonder if your daughter is naturally left hand-eye dominant, or cross dominant. I have cross dominance riding high in my family and it is a really tough issue for me. To retrain your eye -- or to retrain your arm/whole body? I never quite figured it out, so when I shoot, I shoot cross dominant which works surprisingly well (for me) but looks awful.

--
She does everything left handed so I didn't even think to ask her about it. She had trouble at first and I was kind of worried but by the end of the day she hit about 6 doubles in a row from that corner station and it was all smiles. It's probably the reason I missed so many though, right handed for everything but rifle and shotgun, then again maybe I just need a higher quality gun and that would improve my shot!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Um, ya, ok.
Or you could shoot like me. If you listen carefully, you can hear the pheasants laughing when I step into the corn fields.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An update since last posting on this subject on Dec. 6, I FINALLY received the rest of my equipment. 2-4000gal. ss tanks, 2-1000gal. ss tanks, vacuum pump, extractor, sap pump, float switch, etc. Frantically putting all together now to not miss a sap run. Ran power 1000 feet out into the woods to power the pumping station. Tapped 4800 this year more next. Pump station capacity is 6000 taps.20170116_141414.jpg 20170202_160955.jpg 20170113_125319.jpg20170202_161512.jpgThe pumping station building materials were harvested from the farm and sawn on my sawmill. Tree species used were red oak for floor boards and floor beams, black locust under floor to keep insulation in the floor joists, black cherry and oak for posts and pine siding. First sign of daylight now, gotta go feed the horses and get back to work.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wow!
That is a lot!
You process it all as well?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No not yet, I sell the sap to an outfit 2 miles away that picks it up. They have over 100k taps and two monster evaporators. As I grow my Sugarbush I may start processing once I pass the 10k tap threshold. Evaporators and R.O. stacks are expensive, I only want to buy that stuff once, and not buy now and outgrow it in two years. A lot of long time sugar makers have said that if their sugar house burns down, they would not rebuild it, but would just sell sap. It's a lot less work. Will see how it goes.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
An update since last posting on this subject on Dec. 6, I FINALLY received the rest of my equipment. 2-4000gal. ss tanks, 2-1000gal. ss tanks, vacuum pump, extractor, sap pump, float switch, etc. Frantically putting all together now to not miss a sap run. Ran power 1000 feet out into the woods to power the pumping station. Tapped 4800 this year more next. Pump station capacity is 6000 taps.View attachment 50736 View attachment 50737 View attachment 50735View attachment 50738The pumping station building materials were harvested from the farm and sawn on my sawmill. Tree species used were red oak for floor boards and floor beams, black locust under floor to keep insulation in the floor joists, black cherry and oak for posts and pine siding. First sign of daylight now, gotta go feed the horses and get back to work.
WOW...I bet it sucks if you get a leak in a suction line....

Also, don't you lose a lot in the lines? or does it all flow out in the end?