• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tarpon Springs FL really wants you to know what way to drive in their parking lots. 20170204_085004.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some cakes my wife baked/made for her co-workers. The Giants hat didn't turn out as rounded as she wanted but still good for her first attempt.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't find the thread now but another member posted a description and video on how to make one of these camp fires. Basically a few pieces of wood wire tied together that you put coals into the center of which burns consistently for hours. Anyway, I noticed that they now sell a version of these ready to go at my local Home Depot.
image.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally had some time to finish the corrvette body for my rc car. I tried to make it look as much like the real thing as possible. Also attached is a pic of most (minus the helicopters and boats) of the Rc vehicles my son and I have collected over the past three years. Now that he is in high school (more into friends, girls and sports) I think these will be collecting a lot of dust over the next three years.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WOW...I bet it sucks if you get a leak in a suction line....

Also, don't you lose a lot in the lines? or does it all flow out in the end?
Yes it does suck or it does not suck if you have a big leak. Small leaks at 29" vac. can be heard as you walk around checking for leaks. We use gauges and can isolate every 1" main from the 1 1/4" wet/dry lines using valves. All lines 1" and up maintain a 2 to 3 percent pitch to the pump station the 5/16 laterals can pull sap up hill a few feet so it is not as critical to use gravity with those lines using that much vacuum. The mainlines are tied to a high tensile wire and that wire is "tied" back to trees as it goes. Those tie back wires are a softer wire and designed to break if a tree fall across it doing less damage to the line. We use ratchet straps to pull them back as I did today.20170204_110414#1.jpgDid more taps today to.20170204_084512_001.jpg 20170204_084557.jpg 20170204_084648_001.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper Is this your sole means of income or is this a hobby/spare time filler?

I gotta say... this stuff is pretty cool!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper Is this your sole means of income or is this a hobby/spare time filler?

I gotta say... this stuff is pretty cool!
No, just a part of our diversified farm. In July and August we open part of our farm to pick your own blueberries. We have a little over 1000 organic high bush plants we planted in 1991. We have been cheesemakers for 20 years milking both sheep and cows and processing their milk into cheese and yogurt, My wife has earned 30+ national and international awards in those years under the label Willow Hill Farm. We have been on a sabbatical from milking and cheesemaking for a year. We were tiring of the 16/7/365 lifestyle. We have a lot more wooded acreage than pasture, and are trying to focus our work into 4 to 6 months instead of 12. Hopefully leaving more time with the Yamaha this season.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, just a part of our diversified farm. In July and August we open part of our farm to pick your own blueberries. We have a little over 1000 organic high bush plants we planted in 1991. We have been cheesemakers for 20 years milking both sheep and cows and processing their milk into cheese and yogurt, My wife has earned 30+ national and international awards in those years under the label WillowHill Farm. We have been on a sabbatical from milking and cheesemaking for a year. We were tiring of the 16/7/365 lifestyle. We have a lot more wooded acreage than pasture, and are trying to focus our work into 4 to 6 months instead of 12. Hopefully leaving more time with the Yamaha this season.
Wow! I am tired just thinking about your average years worth of work.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Killington Mountain peak. IMG_5143.JPG

19 degrees for the high.
I voted for Florida Keys - nooooooo - kids wanted snow boarding. I got out voted. :(

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is F'n cold. Words can not explain.
However - the outdoor salt water pool is set at 85 degrees. Pics in the early am of the pool. IMG_5159.PNG

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow! I am tired just thinking about your average years worth of work.
The work load did not seem too bad when I was in my 30s and 40s, but time flies by and at 56 the desire to work the hours required have waned. Dairy and cheesemaking are big in Vermont but Maple is a lot bigger and your season is January thru April. I have been wanting to start this for 25 years, but lambing out 200 lambs in March and April made that difficult. On the screen saver of my computer at the engineering firm I used to work at 20 years ago, it said, "If you need me...I will be outstanding in my field." I do prefer the woods. Although these little guys can be cute, they are A LOT of work and worry.0128111609.jpglambinbucket3.jpgNot as much worry with cows.Leaf Peeping Cows.jpgBut the work is every day of the year.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Killington Mountain peak. View attachment 50825

19 degrees for the high.
I voted for Florida Keys - nooooooo - kids wanted snow boarding. I got out voted. :(
I saw 7 degrees yesterday morning while tapping trees...I would have voted for the Keys too.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@zipper If I ever make it to Vermont, I'm looking you up!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Testing my new custom trim tabs and goofing off on the big river in Alton, IL.
upload_2017-2-11_20-10-56.png
upload_2017-2-11_20-11-18.png
upload_2017-2-11_20-11-37.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last night at The Vermont Winter Brew Fest. A lot of good micro brews to sample. Cheers to all you jetboaters. Just tossing a couple dozen of these back.20170211_184650.jpg

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_0599.JPG
There is just something so peaceful about being at a marina at night.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yesterday my 7 year old went swimming at an indoor pool party and my wife and i brought the other two kids to the local plant nursery/pet place. They had an alligator, huge tortoise, a bunch of other reptiles. Then they did a show where they showed off a police dog and a staff member got to put on the big suit and get "attacked". Auntie Julie even flew out this week so it was double special for the kids! (Julie is my wifes twin so it was special for my wife to!)
FB_IMG_1486927751774.jpg