• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wait until you are dancing with her alone on the dance floor while hundreds of people are watching you.:)

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What not to do with a pneumatic nail gun, especially to yourself. 3" ring nail. I don't think it is in the bone.

View attachment 61978
holy crap..thats AWESOME. well done. I'm surprised it didnt go deeper or thru !!
back in my Medic days...I had a guy nail his boot to his ankle....that was a challenge.....

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
holy crap..thats AWESOME. well done. I'm surprised it didnt go deeper or thru !!
back in my Medic days...I had a guy nail his boot to his ankle....that was a challenge.....
My hand was about 6 to 10 inches away from the gun, I think that is why it did go farther in. The tip of the nail did break through the other side and prick the skin of my middle finger, you can barely see the red mark in the picture.

It crazy the amount of people the have shot themselves with a nail gun.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am part of that club too. Pulled a nail out of my leg with my hammer.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_0739.JPG
Kenny Chesney last night in Tuscaloosa.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My hand was about 6 to 10 inches away from the gun, I think that is why it did go farther in. The tip of the nail did break through the other side and prick the skin of my middle finger, you can barely see the red mark in the picture.

It crazy the amount of people the have shot themselves with a nail gun.
Did you take it out yourself? Those ring shanks can fight ya!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you take it out yourself? Those ring shanks can fight ya!
I tried but the rings had a good grip on the meat of the my finger so I let an urgent care doctor pull it out.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tried but the rings had a good grip on the meat of the my finger so I let an urgent care doctor pull it out.
My buddy is a carpenter and when he was an apprentice back in the day, anybody on the job that slacked got grabbed and hung on the wall by shooting nails through their jacket and pants.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Made it to an Atlanta Braves game in the new stadium Friday. I loved Turner Field but SunTrust Park is NICE!

However, whoever runs the scoreboard at the end of the game needs to brush up on their teams. It was the Marlins vs Braves, not the Miami Dodgers.

IMG_20170804_200013_995.jpg IMG_20170804_200104_749.jpg 20170804_221952.jpg

Last edited:

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 4 month old's first trip on the boat today. He is already a pro.
IMG_1563.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife, a friend and I after finishing the water to wine 1/2 marathon (my first).
IMG_8972.JPG

Ever see that commercial where a guy is dying at mile 3 of a marathon (26.2 miles)? It feels the same for a 1/2 marathon, trust me.

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another USWNT soccer game with my daughter and wife. IMG_0421.JPG

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you have done a pool recently....very close.
Close. I did the initial consultation, then the mock up consultation with the design and rough cost and said.......NOPE! I'm in the construction industry, so I have some insight into the overall economy from that standpoint. The same pool I designed for my backyard was roughly $25,000 cheaper a few years ago. We are living a double edge sword right now in the DFW area. The economy is booming, jobs are up, construction is at a record pace, but with that comes all the other BS. Not enough labor to get the work done that is under contract right now. I have contractors telling me they are adding 40% to bids because they can't get done what they already have in back log. House prices are up and with that comes higher property tax. Essentially the price for the pool construction is inflated just because.......everyone is too busy. It's not like the materials cost anymore now than they did a few years ago, or it's that much more expensive to rent a backhoe and dig a hole in the ground. It's strictly a labor issue and demand.

So I re-evaluated the decesion with the wife and pulled the plug. Instead we are going to build a nice covered patio with some good outdoor living furniture and 2 TV's with some nice gas fire pits. We plan to soak up football season outside this year. Once the economy normalizes and prices come back down I may look at building the pool again. And if they don't, well......"F" it, I don't need a pool that bad anyway.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigN8 I agree with your assessment that labor prices are driving up the costs. However, cost of materials have moved up as well. I'm in commercial real estate and over the last 4 to 5 years we've gone from building office buildings close to $100/SF for shell and core to $130+/SF for shell and core which is forcing office rental rates into the stratosphere.

Now I think we are leveling off and not seeing as robust increases, but I don't see any significant decreases coming soon. Corporate relocations are still strong and more and more people are moving to the area. What has changed though is the demographics of the people relocating to DFW. Californians make up the largest percentage and they want a home with a pool. It used to be (5+ years ago) that a pool maybe added $20k to the value of a home. Today it's not uncommon to see a price bump of $65k-$70k in home value (I'll caveat that I am referring to Frisco/Prosper area).

So yes I agree that the cost is INSANE, but the recapture in home value is around 75 to 80 cents on the dollar. Will it change, of course but I was recently at a state of the DFW market multifamily conference and I'll never forget the first thing the keynote speaker said. "Thank God for California politics" and that isn't changing any time soon.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8 I agree with your assessment that labor prices are driving up the costs. However, cost of materials have moved up as well. I'm in commercial real estate and over the last 4 to 5 years we've gone from building office buildings close to $100/SF for shell and core to $130+/SF for shell and core which is forcing office rental rates into the stratosphere.

Now I think we are leveling off and not seeing as robust increases, but I don't see any significant decreases coming soon. Corporate relocations are still strong and more and more people are moving to the area. What has changed though is the demographics of the people relocating to DFW. Californians make up the largest percentage and they want a home with a pool. It used to be (5+ years ago) that a pool maybe added $20k to the value of a home. Today it's not uncommon to see a price bump of $65k-$70k in home value (I'll caveat that I am referring to Frisco/Prosper area).

So yes I agree that the cost is INSANE, but the recapture in home value is around 75 to 80 cents on the dollar. Will it change, of course but I was recently at a state of the DFW market multifamily conference and I'll never forget the first thing the keynote speaker said. "Thank God for California politics" and that isn't changing any time soon.
@Shuck Water I must disagree. I work for a roofing manufacturer and all I do is commercial and industrial projects. I've been involved with most of the big projects in DFW and Oklahoma area including the Toyota HQ. We have not had a price increase on our products in over 6 years. Matter of fact most prices have dropped. Insulation is always trying to get a price increase every quarter for the past 5 years by announcing a 5-8% increase starting the next quarter and what happens........2 or 3 of the manufacturers raise their prices, then 1 manufacturer undercuts them on a big job and the prices fall back to where they were or lower. The 1st quarter of this year we saw insulation prices lower than they have ever been in the last 7 years. It's not just my company that is at prices that are consistant with prices 7 years ago, other manufacturers I compete with are low or lower. 90% of my contractors have more backlog than labor to get it done. That means many of them are turning away projects to bid, and if they do bid a project then they go in with the attitude of, hey, if we are going to bid this work we don't need then let's atleast get a great margin. Multiply that by all the subs that are involved with a project, from electrical, to plumbing, to MEP, etc. They are all looking for more laborers, and they are all paying their guys many dollars/hour more than they did a few years ago. And it doesn't stop there. Many of the design professionals I call on ask me in every meeting if I know of any good guys out there that are looking for a job. These guys are willing to hire anyone with half a brain that has some experience and pay them North of $100,000. It's just absolutley insane right now. Trump has made it a little worse with the hardcore immigration policy. I'm not bashing Trump, I'm just saying, the labor force that was once so prevalent is not so prevelant anymore. Many of these guys are going home before they get deported, and many don't even come now for fear of being deported.

I was part of the design process for the Legacy West Tower that is being built. I helped the architect early on with the roofing and waterproofing details on the ammenities deck. From the time it took to go from 50% plans and specs to get a budget to 95% plans and specs for hard bid, the budget was off by more than 40%. It was all labor.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigN8 We'll just have agree to disagree here. I have 3 office buildings going up in DFW, a mixed use campus with office, apartments, and a hotel in Nashville and all are experiencing the same issues. Asphalt products have seen a decline and steel has remained flat, but concrete has had steady increases, gypsum board is up over 50% since 2012 and lumber is up 40% since 2009. The lack of skilled labor has a significant impact, no doubt, but to claim it's the sole reason just isn't accurate.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8 We'll just have agree to disagree here. I have 3 office buildings going up in DFW, a mixed use campus with office, apartments, and a hotel in Nashville and all are experiencing the same issues. Asphalt products have seen a decline and steel has remained flat, but concrete has had steady increases, gypsum board is up over 50% since 2012 and lumber is up 40% since 2009. The lack of skilled labor has a significant impact, no doubt, but to claim it's the sole reason just isn't accurate.
And here I keep looking at the front rail on my house and think.... i really need to paint that as i keep walking!