• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous as all hell but, what do you do with a boat that's way too big for the weekend and way too small for the ocean? The English Channel would toss that yacht around like a cork. If I had that kind of money, I'd book cruises like we book movie seats.
I read that they normally keep the sister yacht in Holland, MI, where they have a humble 22,000 sq ft mansion (Lake Macatawa, which channels directly to Lake Michigan). SeaQuest is supposedly usually stationed in the Caribbean. I have no idea why they had the crew (I assume) bring her up to Michigan this summer.

Edited to correct spelling.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw this in Harbor Springs, Michigan on Monday:

View attachment 61801

Sorry, could not get the whole thing in my frame! I've not seen a bigger private yacht on the Great Lakes. Monaco? Yes. Lake Michigan? No.

This is a databased yacht:

Owned by Dick and Betsy DeVos (he is one of the two Amway founders, billionaire, she is current US Secretary of Education). Note, they also own a similar sister ship. Must be nice.

More details - http://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht_seaquest.html

A couple pix pulled from the 'net:

View attachment 61802
View attachment 61803
View attachment 61804
They have quite the fleet of vessels. I've done some retro electronic installs on 2 of their smaller yachts.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
is that a single prop to push that thing along ?
In the picture of the house boat on the trailer, I spy two outdrives, so to me it looks it has twin engines but probably still very slow.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gale warnings and small craft advisories all over northern Lake Michigan and Lake Superior today:

Screenshot_20170804-102845.png

Yes, that is correct, 14 footers with highest waves 21 feet on Lake Superior today!

My wife said, "The gales of November came early!"

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
toton_003.jpg

Finishing up the pool design. Cheaper to just buy a bigger boat.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D LOL, I've been showing it to a couple of neighbor's wives trying to convince them of the power of a group buy!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 61974

Finishing up the pool design. Cheaper to just buy a bigger boat.
nice! Post pics of this when it is done. My wife and I have been looking at homes with custom pools like this. Crazy because they are priced comparable to similar homes without a pool. That's why I REALLY want to find a home with a pool when/if we move.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What not to do with a pneumatic nail gun, especially to yourself. 3" ring nail. I don't think it is in the bone.

20170804_134158.jpg

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What not to do with a pneumatic nail gun, especially to yourself. 3" ring nail. I don't think it is in the bone.

View attachment 61978
Whistling..."one of these things just doesn't belong here..... one of these things just isn't the same...."...

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, one of my dogs tripped on the hose while I was shooting causing the gun to bounce and double fire. First shot was good in the wood, second bad in my finger.
Ouch. Were you trying to out do Cindy's foot cut? I guess that could have been a lot worse had it entered a little bit lower.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 61978
I feel your pain. I did the same thing to my right hand a few years back. Shot it thru my index finger and hit the bone of my middle one. The nail was a 3 1/4" framer not a ring shank. OUCH! Self medication prescribed. Mine pulled out easy. Good thing that barb (wire) holding the nails together stopped where it did.

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ouch. Were you trying to out do Cindy's foot cut? I guess that could have been a lot worse had it entered a little bit lower.
Since Cindy's foot is now healed, I guess it was my turn to get injured. Cindy did pick at me for going to the Urgent Care and not dealing with it myself like she did with her foot.

I feel your pain. I did the same thing to my right hand a few years back. Shot it thru my index finger and hit the bone of my middle one. The nail was a 3 1/4" framer not a ring shank. OUCH! Self medication prescribed. Mine pulled out easy. Good thing that barb (wire) holding the nails together stopped where it did.
I tried to pull the nail out myself but the rings had a good grip on the meat of my finger. The last time I did something like this I actually nailed my finger to porch railing. Immediately after it happened my reflexes caused me to recoil my hand resulting in ripping the meat of the finger from the nail and then self medication afterwards.

After Xrays verified the nail wasn't in the bone, the ER doctor was able to pull the nail out. The most pain of the whole ordeal was the shot to numb the area. Just a pressure dressing and out the door I went. If it isn't bleeding or not to painful I have been cleared to play golf on Sunday.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Since Cindy's foot is now healed, I guess it was my turn to get injured. Cindy did pick at me for going to the Urgent Care and not dealing with it myself like she did with her foot.

I tried to pull the nail out myself but the rings had a good grip on the meat of my finger. The last time I did something like this I actually nailed my finger to porch railing. Immediately after it happened my reflexes caused me to recoil my hand resulting in ripping the meat of the finger from the nail and then self medication afterwards.

After Xrays verified the nail wasn't in the bone, the ER doctor was able to pull the nail out. The most pain of the whole ordeal was the shot to numb the area. Just a pressure dressing and out the door I went. If it isn't bleeding or not to painful I have been cleared to play golf on Sunday.
Man, this is too similar to my past...I once hand nailed my self to a lower fence rail, toe nailing rail into a post while I supported the rail from below. I had to pull the nail with the claw to get myself loose. Hopefully yours won't throb too bad. Those ring shanks do not like to come out. Please excuse the Great shot rating I gave your OP, sarcasm.

Last edited:

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well times are changing. My little girl had her first day in kindergarten this week. I enjoyed walking her to class on the first day and didn't have much emotion at all. However, dropping her off in the car rider line this morning and seeing her carrying her over sized book bag compared to her body while entering the doors to the building by herself, and then fading alone in the distant hallway lights made me choke up for a minute. It just felt a little different knowing she didn't need me to help her along. I guess the transition to from daddy to just dad has begun.

upload_2017-8-4_19-24-8.png