• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll tell ya. This lakehouse life is rough. I don't know how some of you lucky bastards have done it for so long...

IMG_2191-EFFECTS.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did I go wrong...?

upload_2017-8-8_23-53-16.png

--

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Playing with the panorama setting, trying not to put wrinkles on a lake of glass yesterday.
20170808_152531_resized.jpg
Great weather and a flat lake made for a good long cruise, to the New York side, later.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Made it to an Atlanta Braves game in the new stadium Friday. I loved Turner Field but SunTrust Park is NICE!

However, whoever runs the scoreboard at the end of the game needs to brush up on their teams. It was the Marlins vs Braves, not the Miami Dodgers.

View attachment 62132 View attachment 62133 View attachment 62134
I was there opening night and it was crazy! The stadium is across the street from my office so I have walked over to a few games after work. It's much nicer than Turner Field with all the bars and restaurants on site.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My brother-in-law and I after he presented my certificate of completion from the Fire Academy! Next step is Paramedic school and working on getting hired, what a tough last 12 weeks to finish this program! Now I can enjoy the boat and S. Florida for the next week and a half!!!

Daniel and I Fire Academy.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My brother-in-law and I after he presented my certificate of completion from the Fire Academy! Next step is Paramedic school and working on getting hired, what a tough last 12 weeks to finish this program! Now I can enjoy the boat and S. Florida for the next week and a half!!!

View attachment 62322
congrats! I tested awesome, got through interviews, and never got hired as they had staffing cuts at the place I wanted to serve at! Good luck man! I know it's a lot of hard work and I hadn't even started Paramedic so enjoy it while you can!
My brother went to Academy in Florida and had no problem getting a job up here by Chicago. The starting salary is... well.... a lot better up here than down there!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A bit of fire smoke on the lake. Cam.tube smoke.JPG

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was there opening night and it was crazy! The stadium is across the street from my office so I have walked over to a few games after work. It's much nicer than Turner Field with all the bars and restaurants on site.
Lucky Dog! Wish my office was across the street! But then I'd be broke.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably for the same reason that flying tubes were pulled from the market...impact with water at speeds greater than 20mph from a height are bad for the health! (I modified your post to embed the video-just click on the film strip in the header to do this in the future)
Ok cool thanks. Yeah that things looks like a decapitation waiting to happen.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just back from vacation at the In-Law's place.

No boating, but managed to do a lot of shooting out back with the boys. I have to confess I've had my SR1911 for a little over a year now and before this week it was still "New In Box." 500 rounds later it's all broken in now... :)

Here's my personal baseline after 20 years of no regular shooting - and my first time REALLY shooting something bigger than a 9mm (31 rds at 50 ft):

Also had the Mark II along for some budget-minded fun:

Both pistols performed well over 5 days of shooting. The Mark II was flawless over 1000+ rounds of both brand-new Winchester Super-X and the some 20-year-old Federal bulk stuff. This actually surprised me as I seem to recall it being more finicky.

The SR1911 had two failures to go into battery early on. Both were around round number 80 and 90. I attribute this to break in. I cleaned her that afternoon and she ran another 400 rounds w/o so much as a hiccup.

I also introduced both boys (and later my nephew) to .22 pistol shooting. They were both crazy about it and rapidly ate up all that old ammo I had brought with me. In the end I had to assign a box of 100 to each of them and tell them they could use it any way they wanted over the last two days but once it's gone, it's gone.

I let John try his hand at the 1911. He liked it, but much preferred the low recoil of the Mark II.

At the end of the last day I did a little clean-up and wound up with this:

It wasn't all shooting though. There was a lot of swimming in the In-Law's pool, some go-carting,

(I HIGHLY recommend JD Indoor Karting in Novi MI for both kids and adults)

and a trip to The Parlour in Jackson MI for a "Junior" sized banana split the size of my head:

John and I shared this dietary fiasco. 6 Lactaid pills (for me) later we managed to finish it - something we couldn't do last year. Next year we'll see if we can tackle the full-size version.

So we're home now. The guns are all clean, the ammo shelf is empty, laundry is being done, and we are all recovering from a busy week visiting.

Back to work on Monday I guess.... Sigh.