• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Made the same upgrade last summer. You will be amazed at the difference
Did you leave them down at all times or lift up the outer edge fins so it doesn't bite at high speed.

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I started out leaving them full down, and was happy with them so never tried different adjustments

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20150316_130039.jpgnew docks for the summer, well new to me any way. And I blew out a trailer tire on the PA turnpike on the way home. That was fun!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was up there for the weekend. Even after living up there for 20 years, I still couldn't believe how bad the roads are right now. Maybe I'm just spoiled by ours...

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Spent some time at the gorge. Not on the jetboat but on my dads retrofitted fishing boat teaching the baby young.

image.jpg image.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the temp like there? Looks beautiful.
64 on the water yesterday. In that bottom picture you can actually see ice on the water in the bay. The ice was about to disolve but it was about 2.5" thick. Water temp was 34 :)

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thought I would share a pic I took this morning of Indiana's Highest Free-Fall Waterfall at a height of 90 feet. It is located in the center of our little town of Williamsport, IN. In the summer it often dries up but after a big summer storm it can look like a mini Niagara Falls.20150317_083349.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installing a new weather data system and noticed it's a darn nice day to go boating in the Gulf and Bahamas!!
Let's get out there!
image.jpg

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf .......... couple questions:
1) Your new Cobra Jet fins look FAR "DEEPER" into the water than your old ones or those by JetBoatPilot. Any comments by you ? WHat are yopur expectations (at least over the older set) ?
2) What/where does your weather data (mapping?) system come from ? It looked really kewl !
Many, thanks in advance, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA - Where it's 83 degrees and sunny today. Hit 86 yesterday ~!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MikeyL I had some of the original Cobra fins (I think). Jeff has vastly improved them over the years and getting bigger to bite more water was one of the improvements. Now they are adjustable in regards to the fin depth and the ability to allow the spring to pick them up above idle speed and to drop down when you slow down. I should have a drastic increase in rudder action just by the larger surface area.

The weather system is on the mother ship and it is made by www.wxworx.com Their receiver uses the XM Sirrius service to receive weather data via the sats. Our pilots out their have similar systems made by the same company geared towards aviation.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf I am also interested in your take on the new fins.I have been thinking about upgrading mine.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So far so good, installation was easy. I will report back with my opinions in a separate thread after I get some throttle time.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg
2 brave souls jumped in 52F water for $10

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yesterday I had the oversized never used doughnut of a spare stolen from my truck the day before replaced with this (full sized used spare on a rim that's the same size as the other four tires, the original spare tire was on a smaller rim). According to the salesman my best protection is that it is used (50% tread left), it would not be worth the effort or risk to steal this one.

image.jpg