• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I had to look up what Frac Sand is but I’m sure it was easier than looking up Big A$$ Dryer uses.
View attachment 113948
Yeap, thats the stuff. That Quartz sand is expensive and hard to come by. The system with the giant chain is a completely new concept I can't talk about yet. It's a big dang deal though since the customer expects an ROI on a $65mil system to be only a few months operation.

This is actually a pretty small dryer by comparison though. Maybe getting into medium sized. It's a 7' diameter x 34ft long. Did one last year that was 9.5' diameter and 55ft long. Largest one the company has done to date is 15' diameter x 120ft long. Had to be fabricated mostly on site!

Here is that one from last year. Picture taken from the top of a 150' storage silo. It was a 150hp unit with a gear drive and processed 200tph. It has a twin system sitting just beyond to the left. Dryer capacity is 400tph (nominal, we've seen upwards of 500tph when they are really pushing the machines) for the entire mine. You can see the river basin in the background where they are dredging the sand up. Really interesting process. Sand was selling for $80/ton when I was there. Not sure what it's going for now. Plant income was around $25k/hr or so after screening losses.
IMG_20190426_093128.jpg

Here is that same dryer from the picture above on a trailer ready for transport. This should help with scale :D
20181220_083733.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20200320_154400.jpg

Neighbor has bad back so i took their puppy on a walk today

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keeping skills sharp for the Zombie Apocalypse!axes.jpeg

atladl_IMG_1173.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cleaning the garage today and just put our 'hawks in a new home, was thinking of pulling them out for the kids

20200320_162349.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ronnie Zipper had it right! It's an Atlatl. A friend of mine makes them and they fly much further than you'd expect. A great way to get in touch with your inner caveman. Last time we were launching them in the yard, a neighbor walked by asking if we were hunting Woolly Mammoth :)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie Zipper had it right! It's an Atlatl. A friend of mine makes them and they fly much further than you'd expect. A great way to get in touch with your inner caveman. Last time we were launching them in the yard, a neighbor walked by asking if we were hunting Woolly Mammoth :)
Nice, you guys on the East Coast have some cool activities/hobbies/sports that we don’t seem to on the West Coast. I just noticed the axes in your first pic. When I was in NC 2 years ago axe throwing came up on yelp. I wanted to check it out but couldn’t, just too far away. Thanks for sharing something different.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What a difference 17 hours can make...

Yesterday, windows open, on the way back from working on the Beneteau.

20200320_151053-1.jpg

This morning's temperature, I saw 18° a few minutes before.

20200321_085242.jpg

But it makes for good maple sugaring weather though.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Always enjoy a good zipzap video with bangers! That Scarab 255 gets its ass kicked pretty bad and center windshield folded in just like the Yamaha do when it gets too rough.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ouch

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always enjoy a good zipzap video with bangers! That Scarab 255 gets its ass kicked pretty bad and center windshield folded in just like the Yamaha do when it gets too rough.

That chick at 7:44 took a shot to the head bad and probably got knocked out. Why any captain would let anyone ride in the bow in a rough inlet is an idiot. Bad shit can happen anytime that is uncontrollable but come on thats just ridiculous

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I think she got knocked out as well. There was another guy that got slammed pretty hard in the bow and never saw him get back up. I don't understand why people are so stupid to sit in the bow when it's rough like that. If I'm in waters that rough in a small boat I'd also be wearing a life jacket. You get tossed out in something like that if you don't get run over you could easily drown trying to swim in that.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife shattered a few vertebrae when we got launched while cruising down a river and a big Hatteras went by and she was in the bow and didn't hold on because she had 2 hands on her expensive camera.