• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
How well does that hold up in a saltwater environment?
With normal maintenance and fresh water rinsing, there are no problems putting then in salt water. Torsion is the best way to go. KIM they are seal in the axle, so technically no water can get them. My last 3 trailers, including my current are torsion trailers. You'll be fine putting them in salt water.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After ONLY 5 years I think its time to start thinking about new torsion axles for my Triple axle boat trailer. After 2.5 years the leaf springs and the calipers were locking up. I went through and replaced all the leaf springs and hardware and added "greaseable" bolts to all the pivot points.
I don't trailer that often, but when I do it's dipped in SALT/brackish water. I'm pretty good about rinsing off the trailer, however water isn't always readily available. That salt REALLY does a number on my trailer. Tough to see happening on a trailer I bought NEW. I swear i'm gonna have to go through and replace every bolt there is... including axles/brakes :mad:
For anyone that is crazy about maintaining a salt trailer, you can easily combat the salt effects by carrying a 3 gallon pump sprayer with an extra heavy does of Salt-A-Way. After launching you can spray down the vital parts with the solution and immediately stop 95% of the corrosion.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We love ours.. we bought it in 2016 for 3k. I figured after 4 years of effortless towing I need to check the bearings. I think I am just gonna replace them all, they are not expensive. Just for discussions sake, how often does everyone repack their bearings?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
EVERY YEAR !
Usually before a trip, like Bimini or Key West via Marco Island...

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm trailering from Tampa now instead of Wisconsin. BUT it gets dipped in SALT so I re-grease more than some...
My logic is to grease and inspect prior to a trip down the highway to lessen the chance of failure on the vacation.

I have a wet slip. So I don't need to trailer every time...

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How often do u change the bearings? I figured after 4 years and running from ohio to ft Lauderdale and everywhere in between it's time for all new stuff.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sitting on the dock with our Burner. Beautiful day here in St. Petersburg.
1585433131792.jpeg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Course is closed but we’re still able to play as members. Only way to play with a buddy is to walk in order to comply with the 6’ rule. Beautiful day to be out excercising!7893D60A-F794-4BD2-AAEB-46EB46CDFB19.jpeg

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For everyone on "stay at home" orders, this is a short walk into the sugarwoods today, doing the morning round of chores, checking operation from overnight. Crazy warm weather lately. The season came early and will most likely pass earlier than normal. I have already passed last years sap total and we are still in March. Last year we ended April 14. Hopefully I get 10-15k gals more this year. We will see what Mother Nature has to say.

Sorry, I keep forgetting to hold the camera sideways in landscape...

and a 360° turn at the shed.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My ghetto boat enclosure, not pretty but functional. I was able to drape the cover over the tower and side windows which kept most of the water out and also leave the front open for easy access and light. Total cost $0 and 5 minutes of time.
0693B202-70F3-4CAA-9146-D5F7A027660D.jpegC37305C6-4A0F-454D-9D89-6D759537F77B.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20200330_170219.jpg

Feeling a little nervous, never done this before, bottom barrel wasn't always firing so i have to clean inners

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sunday afternoon 3/29/2020 practicing my social distances.
IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg