• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Fruits of my weekend labor. www.Fauxpanels.com Wellington Dry Stack stone panels. They came out pretty good.
IMG_20150412_175339_884_zpsxce2xsj2.jpg

I still need to do the 12X12 encased stacked stone columns on the front posts and then address the flooring of the porch and then do the Hardi Siding across the rest of the front of the house and then replace the gutters and paint the soffit.
So much stuff, so little time and money.
Ya know. @Big Shasta .... And all this time I thought you were just a pretty face ............. LOL !
N-I-C-E ! LOL ... Take Care, Mikey

Ya know. @Big Shasta .... And all this time I thought you were just a pretty face ............. LOL !
N-I-C-E ! LOL ... Take Care, Mikey

LOL....My wife certainly doesn't keep me around for my looks, I have to show my mad skillz once in a while.

How is Tanglewood these days? Been awhile since I have been there.
I am a little jealous. Have not had time to get my boat lake ready much less on the water. Hopefully soon!

We have a condo across from the resort. The resort is always hopping, even across the winter time. It was insanely busy this last weekend with a bunch of younger folks - maybe a college fraternity/sorority deal. The weather is definitely turning nicer and the lake has actually risen a bit!

Attempt number 3 at being a plumber. Hopefully it does not drip this time.

image.jpg image.jpg

Took the kids to see the Battleship Massachusetts.
That's me underneath those massive 16" guns.
image.jpg

Absolutely amazing that after 70 years, these anti aircraft guns still rotated by turning a crank, while my daughter turned another crank and raised and lowered the guns. I counted 60 of these and gave up. image.jpg

So besides boats, we're buying excavators as well, now, I see ....... LOL !

We have a condo across from the resort. The resort is always hopping, even across the winter time. It was insanely busy this last weekend with a bunch of younger folks - maybe a college fraternity/sorority deal. The weather is definitely turning nicer and the lake has actually risen a bit!

I think I know which condos. Have some friends that had a condo there that we used to stay at before they sold it. Good to hear the water level is coming up!

View attachment 20235 View attachment 20236
The trick you needed to do is dig your main line back a couple of feet on both sides so that you can flex those PVC lines up a few inches. That will allow you to use couplers to join the two together without using unions. The also sell "slip fix" fittings that slide out like a trombone. Personally, I stay away from unions and slip fixes ecspecially underground because they have rubber o-rings that will leak eventually.

@Bruce I'm with @Murf'n'surf I don't like mechanical joints underground. One way around this is to use elbows in place of the unions. You will need 4 elbows and about 2 1' pieces of pipe for the legs (it can be as long as you want, just needs to be semi-flexible) plus the length of pipe to connect the two legs. With the elbows and pipe you will make a 'U', the length of the bottom part of the U is determined by the distance between the top to elbows to connect to the cut out section, you can put your tee fitting at the bottom of the U. Make the U first, the legs of the U are semi-flexible and will enough flexing to be installed in the cut line. Hope whatever you do is leak free and long lasting.

The trick you needed to do is dig your main line back a couple of feet on both sides so that you can flex those PVC lines up a few inches. That will allow you to use couplers to join the two together without using unions. The also sell "slip fix" fittings that slide out like a trombone. Personally, I stay away from unions and slip fixes ecspecially underground because they have rubber o-rings that will leak eventually.

It seems to be drip free this time. The supply line is 2" SDR 21. I have almost 700' of it in the ground and it has 95 psi inside of it. My plumber talked me into SDR 21 which is a gasketed pipe. The theory is that it can move with the earth without leaking. The reality is that if the pressure in the line increases when maintenance is performed on the main lines and the plumber only pinned the line with a single piece of rebar it will push the rebar and some gaskets will slip. You will not know that this has happened until you get a four digit water bill. Then you will start walking the 700' line every day hoping to find the leak. Each time you find a leak you will dig it up, install a glue on coupling, a section of new pipe, two crosses, 8 pieces of rebar and two bags of concrete so that it does not slip again. After doing that three times the leaks stop but you always wonder when it will happen again. And somewhere in that process you learn that 2" SDR 21 does not bend.

I have no experience with gasketed pvc piping, however, I have run miles and miles of schedule 40, class 200 and flexible poly when I installed irrigation systems for residential homes and athletic fields.

Are there gaskets in the bell ends that do not get glued or are there special fittings with O-rings?

Are there gaskets in the bell ends that do not get glued or are there special fittings with O-rings?

The male end is beveled, the female end is a bell. You lubricate the male end then push it into the bell. We often had to hammer them in.

You'd think a Rolls would have bigger brakes.

Here is one for our engineers

image.jpg

Thanks for the instructional photo/poster shot above, @Bruce.
I was always a little queezy about how to properly dress/make up a hot dog.
Now finally I know how. LOL !@ Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - Out here in a cold(er) Never Never Land referred to as Lake Oconee, GA

Back