• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie Wow.. Wherever your mom works is where I need to be. Free cars for 30 years is amazing. I think my dad got a crappy clock for 30 years at his company.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hec, most people never stay at a place for 30 years. I have been at mine for 31 and got $1,250 for my 30th; not a car but I'll take it. LOL, think I spent it on the boat. :happy:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Built these 4 driveway columns. Did the dry stack approach and then surface bonding cement. Hardest part was getting the wire under the driveway to the other side. Pounded (2) 10' long 1/2" steel conduit and then pushed the wire thru. Actually wasn't that bad. Can't believe how strong the columns are. Funny, lots of compliments from cars driving by. Always feels good hearing those...

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2234.JPG

Installed the fire looking LEDs in the lanterns on top. Green lights for St Patrick's Day (different color every month).
IMG_2223.JPG

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see 3 day of 50-60's° erode the snow pack. This was taken this morning before another 50+° day. Less now by a foot anyway.

20210312_070447.jpg

I see the bones of this old sugarhouse, one of 3 on our property, starting to appear from the snow cover. This one dates back to the early 1900's. The raised ledge in the background is where they would pull up a team of horses pulling a tank, on skids and unload by gravity, the sap that they had collected from the buckets seen scattered around. You can also see part of the arch, on the right, which made up the wood fired maple syrup boiling rig. There is still snow in the woods, but a lot less tonight. Both pictures from today.

20210312_144858.jpg

Where new school replaces old school.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The brook that bisects the sugarbush has opened up. Love the sounds today.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The ice jam on the Lamoille River just North of town.

20210313_133458.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thursday and Friday were a grind for the cabinet shop... the whole week really. Getting everything together, delivered, and installed just in time for countertop templating Friday. I need a relaxing weekend.

Here's the house.
20210311_125522-01.jpeg
It's a terrible looking beige monstrosity built on the hillside. We were greeted with fresh snow on the unfinished driveway Thursday morning and mud Friday. Took me 8 tries, getting gradually further up each time to get this far up the hill. Then we had the joy of hiking each cabinet up the ridiculously steep stairs into the main entrance.

The owner/builders are nice folks who used to live in our neighborhood. I'm not sure contracting it themselves was a smart move. The finishes in the house have turned out pretty poor. There's a lot of crooked drywall, cockeyed tile, BAD finish trim and worse paint prep. 🤦‍♂️ I'd feel bad, but somehow they don't care... Here's what their fireplace mantel looks like.
20210313_113503-01.jpeg
It's got character.

The cabinets will be nice anyway. (Not finished enough for pics yet.)

Anyway, here's the good part about it.
20210311_130949.jpg
It's comes with a great view of Utah Lake. Pictures don't do it justice. This is a view from the southern side of the valley. The red dot on the map below is the where the home is located.
20210312_231303.jpg

The end

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Built these 4 driveway columns. Did the dry stack approach and then surface bonding cement. Hardest part was getting the wire under the driveway to the other side. Pounded (2) 10' long 1/2" steel conduit and then pushed the wire thru. Actually wasn't that bad. Can't believe how strong the columns are. Funny, lots of compliments from cars driving by. Always feels good hearing those...

Installed the fire looking LEDs in the lanterns on top. Green lights for St Patrick's Day (different color every month).
Really nice work...looks great. Great to see the green trees and lights..I'm watching cement videos..getting ready to redo pool steps.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw and paid this (debit card price for 87 octane), looks like pre pandemic pricing too me.I hope the price drops before boating season.

No doubt. Every trip out for the day will be 50 gallons to 70 gallons for us. So It is only going to go up I feel. Marine gas out here is close to that right now or more. $2.85 ish on land up almost $1.00 since last boating season.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Saw and paid this (debit card price for 87 octane), looks like pre pandemic pricing too me.I hope the price drops before boating season.
No doubt. Every trip out for the day will be 50 gallons to 70 gallons for us. So It is only going to go up I feel. Marine gas out here is close to that right now or more. $2.85 ish on land up almost $1.00 since last boating season.
That is one reason why we also have a sailboat with a diesel engine. We have not put diesel in the tank since Aug. 2019, when we topped it off for $13.

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gas just broke $3.00 here in the mid-atlantic. It was just over $2 at the beginning of the year. I thought it would’ve stayed under $3. Last I read the run-up is due to the commodities market, actual consumption has not changed, and supplies are starting to build up. If consumption doesn’t change as expected the price is going to come crashing back down.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gas just broke $3.00 here in the mid-atlantic. It was just over $2 at the beginning of the year. I thought it would’ve stayed under $3. Last I read the run-up is due to the commodities market, actual consumption has not changed, and supplies are starting to build up. If consumption doesn’t change as expected the price is going to come crashing back down.
The news story I saw a few days ago indicated that demand is up because more people are returning to work / back in commute traffic but production has not increased so supply is down. If production / supply doesn’t increase the price will continue to do so. I suspect the next news story on this will reference the annual shift from producing winter blend fuel to summer or spring blend, it’s the same every year but this one may be different because of the pandemic. I would still go boating at $6 per gallon and have paid that for fuel on the water but I will likely anchor and bbq a lot more at that price. I definitely won’t be buying much fuel on the water.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I already think Yamaha’s current $800 sound system for a Waverunner is over priced but the price of this one is ________ (fill in the blank)!

Edit: “Slampack” my a$$, more like slam packing customers through their wallets.
BCC6614E-EEC7-4B6D-8838-0F65B3CEC4E9.png
F5100713-50F7-40DB-995B-D6E4840C6558.png

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny you should ask, I put a deposit on a gp1800 without audio three weeks ago. I went into the dealer to get some oil and saw that they took delivery of two with audio this week. As it turns out, the $2360 prep fee doesn’t even include installation of the sound system. Waverunners either come with the audio installed or they don’t. Dealer said my Waverunner should be in by the end of this month.

For the cost of the slampack I would sooner upgrade to the supercharged Waverunner for $2200 and still have money left to buy a DYI audio system and keel guard.

Attachments

Last edited: