• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is all I "see"

+                    A FAIR WIND - Lake Oconee - X1 - sm.jpg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How'd ya like that elevator at chimney rock?...there's also a climbing "chute" thru the rocks, damn steep, forget what its called...devils crotch or something......What ya'lls be doing in this part of the woods? you picked some good destinations...
We usually go to Hawkes Nest every couple of years. Oh....The elevator at Chimney rock.......not working!! Had to climb all the way to the top. The wife told me there was beer at the top......I would have settled for oxygen!

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

#1 - what he said...

#2 - @GTBRMC, every time I read a post of yours I hear it in the voice of Brian Griffin. This one was perfect, I actually laughed out loud. I really do hope to meet you some day but I'm afraid it might ruin this image of you in my head.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'ld like to do a REPEAT, please ............

Virtual handshake and a big Thank You @Helipilot11 !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I see everyday...

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is what I see everyday...

Radiography?? nuclear medicine?

My daughter is graduating high school this year and wants to go into radiography. She has visits scheduled with the University of Southern Alabama and the University of Florida. She doesn't want to go any further from home.

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Radiography?? nuclear medicine?

My daughter is graduating high school this year and wants to go into radiography. She has visits scheduled with the University of Southern Alabama and the University of Florida. She doesn't want to go any further from home.
Pretty Close Big Shasta.... I'll give you another hint. This is one of the tools I wield daily. Unfortunately, some of the members here will recognize this machine...

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are some serious machines you have there. Made just up the road in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, I believe. Impressive!
Yeah, even after all this time I still think they're pretty cool. Right up until I start breaking tooling. Then my usually calm demeanor totally disappears. lol!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Pretty Close Big Shasta.... I'll give you another hint. This is one of the tools I wield daily. Unfortunately, some of the members here will recognize this machine...

Is that a vertical MRI machine?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Boob Squeezer?

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Big Shasta Its a Linear Accelerator. It is a cancer-fighting machine!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
#1 - what he said...

#2 - @GTBRMC, every time I read a post of yours I hear it in the voice of Brian Griffin. This one was perfect, I actually laughed out loud. I really do hope to meet you some day but I'm afraid it might ruin this image of you in my head.
Ha! It took a couple minutes to figure out your comment... I was scratching my head thinking, "how the hell does he know I find Brian Griffin hilarious?" Hahaha. Well, someday soon I will no longer remember how sharp I used to be and my self esteem will recover.

I hope to meet up with you and a bunch of the other Midwesterners someday soon. I have wanted to do Shelbyville for years, but the kids and other commitments keep trumping it. Maybe 2015 is the year.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ha! It took a couple minutes to figure out your comment... I was scratching my head thinking, "how the hell does he know I find Brian Griffin hilarious?" Hahaha. Well, someday soon I will no longer remember how sharp I used to be and my self esteem will recover.

I hope to meet up with you and a bunch of the other Midwesterners someday soon. I have wanted to do Shelbyville for years, but the kids and other commitments keep trumping it. Maybe 2015 is the year.
It would be great to see you there. I hope it's sooner than later.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Big Shasta A lot of the engines we build are used in power generation. They are also utilized in many of our large earth moving equipment in the mining industry, marine applications, and in the oil fields on fracking rigs. Along with several other applications that I probably don't even know about.

Here's a video they made in our facility a few years ago. It shows a little of the machine shop and more of the engine assembly. The very large engines at the beginning (and middle) are 3600 series and the smaller size is the 3500 series (I machine blocks for the 3500). The white engine at the end of the video is for marine use.

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@scot71 ............. Incredibly KEWL video. So many thanks for sharing.
A few questions. When you are done (with a "typical" power plant .......... whatever you consider typical)
1) How many cylinders are in it 2) How many people worked on the power plant during it's build and testing ? 3) How much power does it develop in operation ? 4) HOw much does this weigh ? and 5) Is there a typical HP rating ? Thanks, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA