• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
This may be the last trip of the season as colder weather is headed this way later this week. Water temps 45. Time to prioritize mods to include battery upgrades, a trailer dolly and improved trolling setup for single person fishing... IMG_5335.jpg Search lastmsk.jpg IMG_5334.JPG

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Let the off season boat projects begin! Patterning a cover for our Zodiac rib dinghy in the garage. Tired of bailing it out. Boat vent with adjustable pole sewn in.

View attachment 166564

Laying it out for the fit and placement of the darts.

View attachment 166559

The design for the bottom of the cover. The clip attaches to the rubrail around the dinghy. We chose not to use a draw string around and under the inflatable to cinch the cover at the bottom because it would be too close to/in the water.

View attachment 166560

The cover is taking shape. The #4 spur grommets are installed. We used a fabric hole cutter with a drill. Installed the 2 piece grommet and hammered them together. She installed bungie and rub rail hooks as she sewed the blind pocket closed on the backside. We ended up 3 hooks short and are waiting for the order to arrive. Then we can tension and position better and set the hook on the motor, as we start covering there and work forward.

20211109_075635.jpg

20211109_075915.jpg

20211109_065952.jpg

20211109_095244.jpg

Almost done.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best friend brought his fancy Celestron star tracking telescope out Friday night. Snapped this pic while we were calibrating it to the new location. Picture turned out neat. Used Nightsight on my Pixel phone. It's a little grainy, however it looks WAY better here than it did in person.

1636472192064.png

He lives in the city and wanted to see how much darker it was at my place compared to his (I'm about 15mi out of downtown, he's right in the center of suburbia). I didn't have much to contribute other than cold beer and a standing heater. His fancy telescope got us a couple neat views. First time in my life I was able to physically see the rings on Saturn. Saw the "big eye" in the clouds on Jupiter, and had a good look at Venus. Other big items were seeing Andromeda (nearest galaxy to us), however it appeared like a smudge on the lense. Not real sure what I was looking at, but he was stoked to see it. Also saw the "hercules cluster". Again, wasn't real sure what that was, but was a neat clustering of really bright stars.

Had a good time and drank a few beers in the backyard looking up at the sky.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finished up winterizing/decommissioning the Beneteau yesterday. Pulled the batteries. Ran antifreeze thru the engine and changed the oil. Her winter cover, it's second year in use, is on. It is not as pretty as her Summer covers or even the new dinghy cover, shown above, but it does the job. Forth off season with the same shrinkwrap zippered door on the stern. I just cut it out and save it for the next year. The gallon jugs are half filled with water and keep the cover taught. All put away In her cradle for Winter at the edge of the Lake.

20211109_134103.jpg

20211109_134023.jpg

The boat yard before the covers went on.

20211021_113530.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@zipper , I didn’t realize how time consuming or expensive it was to winterize a boat like yours. Launching and recovering take on a an elevated meaning when it costs hundreds to do either. Even raw canvas is bucks (a few years ago the price range per linear foot of Sunbrella was $12 to $20).

anyway, I was at San Leandro Marina recently (a small marina next to the Oakland airport and across the bay from San Francisco) and noticed that almost all the slips were empty, maybe the boats were out in storage already but if they were it wasn’t near the marina.

58FC9B60-058D-4751-AEAA-36FE5AD933D6.jpeg0411EEE8-8018-4DE4-9DAE-1F10375C8F67.png3DFDBDC5-D19D-408E-8726-50783B89B31B.png

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper , I didn’t realize how time consuming or expensive it was to winterize a boat like yours. Launching and recovering take on a an elevated meaning when it costs hundreds to do either. Even raw canvas is bucks (a few years ago the price range per linear foot of Sunbrella was $12 to $20).

anyway, I was at San Leandro Marina recently (a small marina next to the Oakland airport and across the bay from San Francisco) and noticed that almost all the slips were empty, maybe the boats were out in storage already but if they were it wasn’t near the marina.

View attachment 166909View attachment 166910View attachment 166914
Maybe they headed south for the cooler months??

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Well the prices have not come down in the last few years. The Captain Navy Blue is in short supply now. Glad we did what we did when we did. These are retail prices, she has a wholesale acct.

As far as time consumed...winterize with antifreeze, the head, the pressurized hot and cold domestic water, hot water tank, bilge pumps, engine. We strip the boat, taking the instruments from the Navpod home as well as the steering wheel. We took the new cushions home. Took the Dometic out of the aft cabin. Put a bunch of damp rid tubs down below. That was all done after taking all the canvas and sails off the boat. Ya, it is a lot of work that we would not have to do down South.

20211110_072656.jpg

Last edited:

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They have all fled to TX for freedom. Tesla is moving production to TX as well.
at the price of fuel I suspect more slips will be empty and more moving to other states however not sure how you can hide from this inflation.

I am going to our butch today for the first time in at least a month. I may have to leave our first born or our grandchildren as a down payment [flag]:)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Warning this is not boat related at all, other than I did see a lot of boats during this excursion. Here are some pics from a recent trip to Scal (San Diego / San Marcos) to visit my son in college.
E6271591-42DC-41BA-B866-96676AD83CE5.jpeg
6254E264-3F5A-4C00-A411-85FF0A1C54CB.jpeg
what a difference 500 miles makes. The forecast in the SF Bay Area is rain and clouds for the foreseeable future.

D558F37C-0D60-4475-890A-6B640BF32C68.jpeg
The price of gas is about the same, now premium at Costco in the SF Bay Area is $5.25 per gallon.
B10E51A4-63E8-4174-BE1E-2E64299C8847.jpegE639CCCA-D6D0-454E-BE5C-33F0FEA0A57A.jpeg
We ended up hitting Costco and Walmart to restock him on his favorite foods. We have never bought so much spam, capri sun and Mac n cheese at one time, cleared the shelf at Walmart.
D5FBD43D-AF59-4C23-9F36-699138E26A2D.jpeg
he is a happy “starving student” once again, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They have all fled to TX for freedom. Tesla is moving production to TX as well.
Actually, Tesla HQ is moving to Texas but manufacturing is still being expanded in CA. They just opened a large battery facility about 50 miles from the fremont plant. 4F3D7790-EF18-4B78-B647-982A83992661.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude @Ronnie I gotta know. What does $100 worth of Spam look like? Is it one giant block? Is it like 100 little cans? How long does that last? I'm completely bowled over by $100 of Spam. Even as a person that lived on Lipton Noodles for a few years when things were tight, I'm not sure I ever had that much inventory of "cheap food" all at once.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@2kwik4u , we didn’t take any pics of the spam haul this time around but Costco sells them in 8 packs of regular sized cans for $20. We bought 5 packs so 40 cans. This was about the same amount we got him when he moved to college two months ago and he said it should last him to the end of December, so two months like the first batch.

I learned to make top ramen multiple ways when I was earning my undergraduate degree, I couldn’t afford to stock up on spam but even if I could I wouldn’t, just not that into it and it’s a very unhealthy food, even the low sodium variety.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

They all sailed to the free state of Florida!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Warning this is not boat related at all, other than I did see a lot of boats during this excursion. Here are some pics from a recent trip to Scal (San Diego / San Marcos) to visit my son in college.
View attachment 166927
View attachment 166920
what a difference 500 miles makes. The forecast in the SF Bay Area is rain and clouds for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 166921
The price of gas is about the same, now premium at Costco in the SF Bay Area is $5.25 per gallon.
View attachment 166922View attachment 166924
We ended up hitting Costco and Walmart to restock him up on his favorite foods. We have never bought so much spam, capri sun and Mac n cheese at one time, cleared the shelf at Walmart.
View attachment 166925
he is a happy “starving student” once again, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Anything goes in this thread...does not have to be related to boating. ;)

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Definitely not a fan of Daylight Savings Time, but did snap this picture when I ran out to the pick up an early dinner:

IMG_2395.JPG

Jim

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last one for today. What I see is that I will be seeing better on and off the water with these new glasses. I went with lesser known brands for the frames so the cost was about half what i paid for Rayban frames two years ago. I didn’t go economy on the lenses though, they are fully loaded (progressive, self tinting, scratch resident, anti glare, etc.). The non conventional frames are safety glasses and they float. This was a good deal all the way around. They were delivered to me within a week of placing the order instead of me picking them up three weeks later like I was told to expect.
AE27B0CE-3BDA-4DAF-85FB-00DE574CD1DA.jpegE1B22023-41FE-43E1-A832-8E5847BC185C.jpeg55E15A61-BA8F-4527-A7EE-FED901803E21.jpeg961304BD-0BAF-4F0B-931B-4D969B131F99.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So how do you get three 7 1/2' long Polaris Aces (single seat side-by-sides o_O) on a 14' trailer?

You side load them! ;)

IMG_0038.JPG

Miss having our toys which are currently in storage until our new house is done. Organizing some digital pictures from last year, this is from our trip to War, WV, when we rode the Hatfield and McCoy Warrior Trail. We rented a small house in War and rode our Aces to the trailhead. Looking forward to another trip to the Hatfield and McCoy Trails next Spring!

Jim

Top Bottom