• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another day in the woods. Getting ready to tap in a week or so. Just cleaning up down trees and branches. Getting this line back up in the air before it freezes to the ground.

20211208_102402.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another day in the woods. Getting ready to tap in a week or so. Just cleaning up down trees and branches. Getting this line back up in the air before it freezes to the ground.

View attachment 168073
I saw some articles about Canada having to release syrup from their maple reserve, do you expect this to impact your operation ?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw some articles about Canada having to release syrup from their maple reserve, do you expect this to impact your operation ?
Well they set the price I get at the end of the season. They must be dipping in because of the bad (short) season last year and the fact that the price of syrup has gone up, like everything else. They are trying to sell while the price is high. Hopefully that translates to higher price per pound for me in the Spring.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well they set the price I get at the end of the season. They must be dipping in because of the bad (short) season last year and the fact that the price of syrup has gone up, like everything else. They are trying to sell while the price is high. Hopefully that translates to higher price per pound for me in the Spring.
Here's an article from a couple of weeks ago, Canada taps into strategic reserves to deal with massive shortage ... of maple syrup. I'm actually surprised at the relative low price we pay for maple syrup and the wholesale stores.

Jim

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the response I got on a truck I found for sale Online yesterday. I felt it was as am when I first saw it (2003 truck with low mile and clean title for $1k) but have found it pays to check anyway as some of these to good to be true deals are actually legitimate. Not this one though. I already responded with when and where can we complete the deal. I expect her / the scammers next response to be something like I live out of state but if you pay to have it delivers to you I will refund the shipping fee to you if don’t buy it and credit the shipping fee towards the cost of the truck if you do buy it.

07D0ECD3-C88A-4ADB-8B71-2288780E3921.png

Edit an hour or so after this initial post:
see the second screenshot. at least this scammer responded quickly.
D019ACB6-8754-430E-9D4F-6C04A0AB0527.png

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
abort. abort

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think that is how the transaction will work on Ebay. What a crock of sheisse.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
But she stated she was "a legitimate seller." How could you guys dismiss her so quickly? Huh?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one neighbor that does it up every year when it comes to decorating his home for Christmas. This year he added the Millenium (sp?) Falcon to his collection. I thought the helicopter on the roof was the best he could do. Now that is hidden on the other side of the roof by the hot air balloon. He tows it all in on a flat bed trailer every year. He also has all the toys eg b52 mb wake boat, dura max truck, two rvs (not trailers), 2 door infinity and triplets (all boys) with nice cars of their own. Basically they are the Jones of the neighborhood.
719A490D-3315-422C-A08E-9E3BF699EDEF.jpeg
8917F453-3B84-46C8-BD54-4CBE6A36E19B.jpeg
At the other end of the spectrum is this home made front yard ornament last night (styrofoam ball with synchronized blinking light rods in it that I may try and make over the weekend.
856CE0C7-07A3-4D26-AF6D-546422A853D9.jpeg856CE0C7-07A3-4D26-AF6D-546422A853D9.jpegAD530976-7C32-481E-BF6C-DED738C16E11.jpeg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
wowza. I think the star wars display is trash. Why is Grogu bigger than Yoda? Why are there two R2s? No just kidding, that's cool. I wonder if he puts it up himself or has someone do it. That is a lot of work.

The home made decoration is very pretty!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wowza. I think the star wars display is trash. Why is Grogu bigger than Yoda? Why are there two R2s? No just kidding, that's cool. I wonder if he puts it up himself or has someone do it. That is a lot of work.

The home made decoration is very pretty!
He puts it up himself, usually the day after thanks giving. I saw his sons helping him before. This year he did the front yard first and the roof the next day. Pretty sure he has a map and dedicated wiring as well. There are a lot of other blowups not pictured, like a 6k’ darth Vader at guarding the side gate.

if I build the single Ornament , I’d hang it from the roof to reduce the chances someone will steal it.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He puts it up himself, usually the day after thanks giving...here are a lot of other blowups not pictured,...
I think I have seen your neighbor with one of his blowups. Lol

20211210_092752.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I have seen your neighbor with one of his blowups. Lol

View attachment 168136
If that was him I consider blackmailing him with it as I really like the falcon on his roof but the x wing fighter on the lawn would be sufficient as well.

It’s not him though, as I mentioned above he is Mr. Jones of keeping up with the Jones’es (tall, good looking apparently wealthy and oh, he also has a gorgeous wife).

Last edited:

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Wife and I about lost it on our way back from Costco the other day when we drove past this...

IMG_1164 Cropped.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
what am I lookin at?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ah. ha. yes. deep cut

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Out in the woods today. Took time to listen to the brook running thru the heart of the sugarbush, you know kinda like taking time to smell the roses, but in Winter.

Put it on a loop for background noise.

Last edited: