• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a guy doing that on the forum now. Besides, our practice boat is gone. She just got back from a bimini making course at Hood Marine Canvas and Hood Marine Canvas Training Workshops a couple of weeks ago. Add that to the boat cover course in Ohio last June at https://canvastraining.com/ and she is gaining a lot of knowledge on how to. She has done a great job on the interior of the Beneteau with all the vinyl box cushions, new head/hull liner, sun shades and the new dinghy cover is nearly finished as the parts we were waiting for arrived yesterday. I know she is going back to Hood Canvas in Ma. in December for another course on cockpit enclosures.
Getting prepped for the South Florida retirement! Always need a canvas guy/gal around these parts.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It has been getting colder, but luckily no snow down in the valley.

20211117_081628.jpg

20211117_090621.jpg

We needed a part quickly to finish the dinghy cover. Found one at West Marine in So. Burlington.

20211117_101138.jpg

A couple of shots as I step out their door into the parking lot of...
Mt. Mansfield, Stowe on the other side. Highest peak in Vermont.

20211117_121903.jpg

And a section of the Bolton Valley Ski Resort.

20211117_121837.jpg

Killington is open.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sucks we only made 187 of them, amazing aircraft.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My nephew is flying F-16s and tried to get an F-22 seat. There were close to 40 officers in his Air Force flight training and only 1 got an F-22 billet. He loves the F-16 though, 9g turns and flies both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. Never a dull moment.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A different perspective of the Burlington waterfront. Taken on 10/16, not a drone. The marina and CG station below, center of photo. Skateboard park lower right. We left for haul out, from E dock, the short dock to the South, the day before she took pic.

20211121_083110.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our first boat cover completed. Making a cover for an inflatable rubber boat is a little different than a rigid hull, kind of a moving target as the Ideal gas law is at play here. Hence the shock cord and adjustable strap to hook to the back of the motor at the hand grab, that sets the tension of the ridge.

20211121_142849.jpg

20211121_095711.jpg

20211121_095729.jpg

20211121_151932.jpg

Very happy with the final product. Although we would make a couple of small changes in the design after designing this one. I hated walking by after a rain storm and see the fuel tank floating. It will be nice to use, next year!

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was out in our sugarwoods today and this caught my eye sticking out of the leaves. Found this piece of a horse buggy folding bimini frame at the ruins of an old barn foundation dating back to the civil war. The joints are a little seized.

20211122_120432.jpg

20211122_120438.jpg

I find stuff out here alot. I need to bring a metal detector out there.

Last edited:

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
My nephew is flying F-16s and tried to get an F-22 seat. There were close to 40 officers in his Air Force flight training and only 1 got an F-22 billet. He loves the F-16 though, 9g turns and flies both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. Never a dull moment.
I was lucky enough to play "Target Drone" for a pair of MN ANG F-16's last year on my sled. It was intense - sounded (and was) fun, but there was still a strong desire to be ANYWHERE else as that guy was lining me up in his sights.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We won a frozen turkey at our club this weekend, of course it wasn't my shooting that won it :confused:, I did make it to the final four though,

they would throw a single target from the trap house, speed and angle turned way up,
if the first shooter missed the second took a shot and could knock them out, if the second missed then the third shooter got a chance to knock the both of them out,

another game we play was hit the chip, even if the first shooter broke the target the second shooter could go for one of the chips and if he hit them knock the other person out,

It was a fun day

20211121_141430.jpg20211121_143528.jpg

Last edited:

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We won a frozen turkey at our club this weekend, of course it wasn't my shooting that one it :confused:, I did make it to the final four though,

they would throw a single target from the trap house, speed and angle turned way up,
if the first shooter missed the second took a shot and could knock them out, if the second missed then the third shooter got a chance to knock the both of them out,

another game we play was hit the chip, even if the first shooter broke the target the second shooter could go for one of the chips and if he hit them knock the other person out,

It was a fun day

View attachment 167480View attachment 167481
Love playing this game. Used to play a couple times a year when the guys all got together, but we played for beer!!

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Love playing this game. Used to play a couple times a year when the guys all got together, but we played for beer!!
Yep - We call them Annie Oakley's up here in MN. Usually the final 3 end up back in the parking lot to make it harder than the layups from the 27 yard line.