• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
17 miles and 2600ft elevation gain over 3.5 hours. It was almost 100F and I had heat exhaustion towards the end of the ride. It didn't matter that I drank a ton of water. When we finally arrived at the restaurant, I felt like throwing up when I saw food. I think this is a symptom of heat exhaustion? The crazy thing is that my gf's parents are almost 70 years old and this riding is nothing to them lol

View attachment 172275View attachment 172276View attachment 172277
Nausea is 100% a sign of heat exhaustion. I went biking with some friends at Gooseberry Mesa near Zions several years ago. Part way down the trail I gave my water to a friend of a friend who didn't bring anything. As you would expect, he drank it all. The moment we made it back to the car it hit me, I went pale and felt too nauseous and to weak to load my own bike. We grabbed water at a convenience store which I promptly started drinking. We didn't make it out of the parking lot before I was hurling out the door. I had to slowly sip water over the next few hours before i felt myself again. It was gnarly!

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
beautiful...that road/hill looks perfect for motorized wheelin..
what's the story with the upside-down cottage garden?
Next time I am going to rent a RZR or motocross bike. The upside-down cottage is actually a bathroom. Its a touristy spot with a waterfall, atv rentals, etc.

Nausea is 100% a sign of heat exhaustion. I went biking with some friends at Gooseberry Mesa near Zions several years ago. Part way down the trail. I gave my water to a friend of a friend who didn't bring anything. As you would expect, he drank it all. The moment we made it back to the car it hit me, I went pale and felt to nauseous and weak to load my own bike. We grabbed water at a convenience store which I promptly started drinking. We didn't make it out of the parking lot before I was hurling out the door. I had to slowly sip water over the next few hours before i felt myself again. It was gnarly!
I was almost to that point! We flagged down a guy in a truck who drove us to the restaurant where the rest of the group was. I was thinking that I need sugars/carbs to hydrate again. I drank a coca cola and another soda, guarana, and I felt a lot better. I just googled it, and I was right about it. Some article says carrying ORS (Oral rehydration salts) is a smart idea for dehydration and heat exhaustion. And if ORS isn't available then coca cola usually is in most remote villages.

EDIT: my gf is the same as your friend. She always drinks my water and she did on the last ride. I found a spout from the mountain that the cows drink from. I filled my camelbak with it, but I think that I was already dehydrated. By the time we feel dehydration, it means we've been dehydrated for some time.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yes! I think there are more cows than people here in Brazil and they export a lot of beef. It's easy to get a good burger and steak here. The strange thing is brazilians here in Rio de janeiro don't like milk and its not easy to find fresh milk. We need to travel to the mountainous states like minas gerais to get good milk. It's something that I took for granted living in the USA, the ability to have milk and cereal or milk with coffee anywhere in the country.
I lived in Brasil for three years. Picanha is the best meat you can get! Go to Nova Pompa / Montana Grill. They have meats that go around on stakes and you have a little green and red coaster you flip for when you want food! It is AMAZING! That is something I would do if I were to go back to Brasil. I just feel like it is not as safe as when I lived there. Cathedral de chopp, and Senario are places I HIGHLY recommend. Also don't ruin the coffee with milk! Brasil is known for its coffee. Oh... and Guarana is the best efing soda on planet earth!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I lived in Brasil for three years. Picanha is the best meat you can get! Go to Nova Pompa / Montana Grill. They have meats that go around on stakes and you have a little green and red coaster you flip for when you want food! It is AMAZING! That is something I would do if I were to go back to Brasil. I just feel like it is not as safe as when I lived there. Cathedral de chopp, and Senario are places I HIGHLY recommend. Also don't ruin the coffee with milk! Brasil is known for its coffee. Oh... and Guarana is the best efing soda on planet earth!
Where did you live? I've been in Macae, RJ on and off since the pandemic. I've been all over Rio de janeiro: Buzios, Nova Friburgo, Araras, Petropolis, Santa Maria Madalena, and Sana. I haven't decided where i'll go this weekend. Either i'll go to Arraial do Cabo or go rafting in nova friburgo.

Theres places in Rio that have grills like that. The best food is away from the coast and in the mountains. Everything is so fresh and the rodizios are cheaper. And brazilian coffee is a lot better with steamed milk!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Where did you live? I've been in Macae, RJ on and off since the pandemic. I've been all over Rio de janeiro: Buzios, Nova Friburgo, Araras, Petropolis, Santa Maria Madalena, and Sana. I haven't decided where i'll go this weekend. Either i'll go to Arraial do Cabo or go rafting in nova friburgo.

Theres places in Rio that have grills like that. The best food is away from the coast and in the mountains. Everything is so fresh and the rodizios are cheaper. And brazilian coffee is a lot better with steamed milk!
I lived in a suburb of Sao Paulo. I lived in the mountains in Campinas near Grumato.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any more of those CBD treats?

Screenshot_20220225-124735_Messenger.jpg

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Ok this is just awesome to see! I would love a Yamaha version of this!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 2.12.12 AM.png
wow.... I'm in love... if you're on the forum sorry for spoilin'.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok this is just awesome to see! I would love a Yamaha version of this!
JB is awesome! Also pretty amazing he gets a Centurion boat, but isn't your typical pro wakeboarder. He's definitely good, but during one of his Q&A's said the best he's ever done was placed 3rd in a local competition in Texas and rarely to never competes in tournaments.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JB is awesome! Also pretty amazing he gets a Centurion boat, but isn't your typical pro wakeboarder. He's definitely good, but during one of his Q&A's said the best he's ever done was placed 3rd in a local competition in Texas and rarely to never competes in tournaments.
JB is a good follow for sure. It would be pretty amazing to have Centurion gift you a boat to rep and let you design it... many of these riders get new boats every year. Shaun Murray is a retired competitor but Nautique hooks him up with a new Paragon each season. Of course, he's a rockstar in the wakeboarding/boating world though. He was at the Utah boat show a couple of weeks ago helping promote the Nautiques. Our local Nautique dealer (Croft Maine) is now a Yamaha dealer too.

I'm sure the way it works is they're gifted a lease on the boat and likely have no "ownership" of it otherwise. Then manufacturer can sell it after the season at a modest depreciation. I'm certain the promotion from the pro I'm sure is more valuable.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
JB is a good follow for sure. It would be pretty amazing to have Centurion gift you a boat to rep and let you design it... many of these riders get new boats every year. Shaun Murray is a retired competitor but Nautique hooks him up with a new Paragon each season. Of course, he's a rockstar in the wakeboarding/boating world though. He was at the Utah boat show a couple of weeks ago helping promote the Nautiques. Our local Nautique dealer (Croft Maine) is now a Yamaha dealer too.

I'm sure the way it works is they're gifted a lease on the boat and likely have no "ownership" of it otherwise. Then manufacturer can sell it after the season at a modest depreciation. I'm certain the promotion from the pro I'm sure is more valuable.
Yeah that sounds about right, BUUUUUUUT I'd take a 200k+ boat and not have to pay for it.....only to have to give it back every year for a new one. I follow Shaun as well. He has less followers than JB does, which was surprising. JB is in that wheelhouse age of folks that are constantly on youtube and social media, so it kind of makes sense.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah that sounds about right, BUUUUUUUT I'd take a 200k+ boat and not have to pay for it.....only to have to give it back every year for a new one. I follow Shaun as well. He has less followers than JB does, which was surprising. JB is in that wheelhouse age of folks that are constantly on youtube and social media, so it kind of makes sense.
I'd have absolutely no reason to complain.

Looks like JB took delivery on his.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yeah so that jeep that went into the drink towing that 242....
It made it out alive!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nausea is 100% a sign of heat exhaustion. I went biking with some friends at Gooseberry Mesa near Zions several years ago. Part way down the trail I gave my water to a friend of a friend who didn't bring anything. As you would expect, he drank it all. The moment we made it back to the car it hit me, I went pale and felt too nauseous and to weak to load my own bike. We grabbed water at a convenience store which I promptly started drinking. We didn't make it out of the parking lot before I was hurling out the door. I had to slowly sip water over the next few hours before i felt myself again. It was gnarly!
Gooseberry is awesome. Sorry to hear about the heat exhaustion. I’ve heard that you’re more likely to get it again after you’ve had it, any truth to that?
1646375183058.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Skidding firewood. This standing dead maple was about 150' off the trail. Been getting high BTU outputs out of this tree for the last couple of days. 4-5 days of heat out of this one tree. Using a 40 yo logging winch I bought at a farm auction 20 years ago for $500. Damn good purchase in hindsight. I have replaced the 10mm, 165' (50m) long cable twice since purchase. The tree/log is about 60' long.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
March has come in with some cold weather. This morning I can see ice floating on the broad Lake. Hard to see with no cars on it, but there is a race track on Malletts Bay.

4BD6C119-3372-46D1-AAC2-8C1AA9214486.jpeg

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gooseberry is awesome. Sorry to hear about the heat exhaustion. I’ve heard that you’re more likely to get it again after you’ve had it, any truth to that?
View attachment 172526
Fortunately I've never experienced it since. I would love to do Gooseberry again. It's probably been 15ish years since. My crew went lame after marriage and kids... we talk about going more than we go. Lol!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd have absolutely no reason to complain.

Looks like JB took delivery on his.
Yup, saw that. Beautiful color choice. I'm of the mindset it needs to be all white like his or some wild ass colors. HA!