• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"

We have some very similar looking quartz going into our new home. Our cabinets went in last Friday and the templates got cut today!

Jim
we're refacing our cabinets. To rip out our cabinets and put new ones in would have eaten up another 40k of our budget. Trying to squeeze as much out of our approx 100k budget as possible before starting to pull money from other places......which I'd rather not do. Everything is so gat dang expensive right now.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My daughter totaled the Benz GLK350 I bought her in July 2020 - this happened 2 weeks ago. A concussion and a broken nose later. She’s fine - nose surgery was yesterday.
Now unexpectedly shopping for another car - the used car market is fucked up.
View attachment 169137
Its been 3 months since my daughter totaled her little Benz. So, after a 3 months of looking around, finally decided to give her my wife’s’ 2015 Subaru Outback Limited and got my wife a CPO 2020 Volvo XC60 with only 12,000 miles. The wife is very pumped. This thing has a way lot of technology that’s gonna take her a while to figure out. 27DBAF05-9372-4BD2-AE94-55D7FA469634.png37783F17-65BF-4E02-876F-3746774C469E.jpeg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
we're refacing our cabinets. To rip out our cabinets and put new ones in would have eaten up another 40k of our budget. Trying to squeeze as much out of our approx 100k budget as possible before starting to pull money from other places......which I'd rather not do. Everything is so gat dang expensive right now.
Expensive and often hard to find. Especially the little bits and pieces.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Its been 3 months since my daughter totaled her little Benz. So, after a 3 months of looking around, finally decided to give her my wife’s’ 2015 Subaru Outback Limited and got my wife a CPO 2020 Volvo XC60 with only 12,000 miles. The wife is very pumped. This thing has a way lot of technology that’s gonna take her a while to figure out. View attachment 171837View attachment 171838
Nice car!
I’m a big fan of Volvos. Wife’s s60r was rear ended by a texting teenager doing 50 in a hummer while she was stopped for an accident in front of her… she walked away with minor injuries. The car was totaled and we replaced it with an xc90. She refused to look at any other brands.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Expensive and often hard to find. Especially the little bits and pieces.
we ordered all of our fixtures (faucets, towel holders, tp holders, etc) and shockingly everything is in stock. We were shocked. Still running down someone to do some of the work. We have someone for the cabinets, and countertops. Our HVAC company we use also does electrical, but the guy they sent out was a smidge flighty. Need to relocate some outlets and stuff. Crazy how little 100k gets you now a days.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its been 3 months since my daughter totaled her little Benz. So, after a 3 months of looking around, finally decided to give her my wife’s’ 2015 Subaru Outback Limited and got my wife a CPO 2020 Volvo XC60 with only 12,000 miles. The wife is very pumped. This thing has a way lot of technology that’s gonna take her a while to figure out. View attachment 171837View attachment 171838

That's a nice looking ride, I want a backup for towing, but with 2 people I know getting seriously injured in car accidents lately, as well as @HangOutdoors and his wife's kid's car, I've started to consider swapping out the wife's ride for a Volvo SUV. Really like the size of @BigN8's, but I'm certain my wife would like something like you got your wife. Volvo's may not be for everyone, style wise, but I really like the looks of them. Got enough firefighter friends who've seen the results of bad accidents, and ALL of them are fans of how they protect their passengers.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
we ordered all of our fixtures (faucets, towel holders, tp holders, etc) and shockingly everything is in stock. We were shocked. Still running down someone to do some of the work. We have someone for the cabinets, and countertops. Our HVAC company we use also does electrical, but the guy they sent out was a smidge flighty. Need to relocate some outlets and stuff. Crazy how little 100k gets you now a days.
I’m finding the commodity type items are hit and miss. The other day I tried to buy 1.25” coarse drywall screws and had to settle for 1 and 5/8. Instead of 7 types of toilet bolts available there was only the $8 self adjusting ones. (Kind of handy but $8 for toilet bolts?!?)

When I was putting in the underground utilities last fall it was like a scavenger hunt. Ended up going to 4 supply houses and hardware stores to get everything. Only place that had 2.5” lock rings was ace hardware. I ended up spending more on conduit then the wire. Sch80 2.5” was $12 a foot :(

Good luck and post pics!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a nice looking ride, I want a backup for towing, but with 2 people I know getting seriously injured in car accidents lately, as well as @HangOutdoors and his wife's kid's car, I've started to consider swapping out the wife's ride for a Volvo SUV. Really like the size of @BigN8's, but I'm certain my wife would like something like you got your wife. Volvo's may not be for everyone, style wise, but I really like the looks of them. Got enough firefighter friends who've seen the results of bad accidents, and ALL of them are fans of how they protect their passengers.
We considered another Subaru - but we’ve had 4 and we still have 2 in the family - my daughters “new to her” Outback and my commuter Legacy. The Ole Lady wanted a change. Looked at a few Benz’s, but they didn’t do anything for us, and then decided to take a peek at Volvo. That was it - she fell in love with it.
I will say - the thing is sharp looking, especially with the 20” wheels. And it drives incredibly. Lots of tech that she needs to figure out. Got a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty with it, so I hopes it works out.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m finding the commodity type items are hit and miss. The other day I tried to buy 1.25” coarse drywall screws and had to settle for 1 and 5/8. Instead of 7 types of toilet bolts available there was only the $8 self adjusting ones. (Kind of handy but $8 for toilet bolts?!?)

When I was putting in the underground utilities last fall it was like a scavenger hunt. Ended up going to 4 supply houses and hardware stores to get everything. Only place that had 2.5” lock rings was ace hardware. I ended up spending more on conduit then the wire. Sch80 2.5” was $12 a foot :(

Good luck and post pics!
yessir, will do! Purchased another piece of the puzzle. We've see a ton of backlog for appliances and wanted to get the order in early as we don't need it quite yet. Happened to run and look at lowes today. They had an in store sale of $700 off this Bosch and another $500 off sale. So we got $1200 off this $3700 fridge. We have a Bosch dishwasher I replaced about a year or so ago. So this will match nicely. It so happens it's in stock at the warehouse and will be delivered next week. Oh well! At least I won't have anyone delivering a fridge after our floors have been replaced. Screenshot_20220222-183731-770.jpg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’ve been buying appliances too. Here’s the deal I got on my fridge. They even took another 10% because of some sale they had going on…scratch on side will be hidden by cabinets. And after talking to the sales guy I got the sense that the “screen not working” was added so they could claim a mfr defect after they scratched it during delivery.

…and surprisingly it worked fine when I got it to the house.

8D00FF0C-678A-4EEF-8E15-DA1E4E2830A1.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @Babin Farms ...Is this your side job? I see a couple of haymaker's there. Good ole goalie fight in the link.

View attachment 171961

& they even pronounced it the same. He took it well & probably skating around the next day like nothing happened. Me, I’d be laid up for at least a week.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today was a tough day to watch the news... I could escape to fresh memories of last weekend when my youngest turned 16 (!) and everything seemed good with the world.

She spent a beautiful day at the beach with a friend
1645760653455.jpeg

Seaside, NJ
1645760697093.jpeg

And next day she found out she's going to the junior prom this year! lol, she's a sophomore
1645760888556.png

--

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @Babin Farms ...Is this your side job? I see a couple of haymaker's there. Good ole goalie fight in the link.

View attachment 171961

Like the Good Old Days. You had a fight, no real damage and you were buddies right after.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The snow is piling up around here. He doesn’t mind.

366F5CD9-D82F-4D25-8E2D-E1EA00335E5A.jpeg

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Bday lunch for my wife and a few family and friends.
View attachment 171031View attachment 171071
View attachment 171032View attachment 171033View attachment 171034View attachment 171035View attachment 171036View attachment 171037
this guy was selling margaritas and pre rolled jays/blunts on the side walk out side the restaurant we ate lunch at, what a trip.
View attachment 171045
View attachment 171046
They have a large plaque at Pearl Harbor of the submariners lost at sea. My great uncle is on it.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks! Probably a bolder color than I would have picked had I designed it... which I think is a good thing. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm digging on it now.

It's got the 6.0L PCM (gm) motor. 409 hp 440 ft/lbs of torque. Should be a strong with a loaded boat.

She's bedazzled with all the "Pretty Penny" metal flake they had left I think... lol!

I'll definitely be taking some video. Surfing and wakeboarding behind this thing should be better than behind anything else I've experienced. Looking forward to it.

Thank you all! I'm pinching myself. New boats are fun.
I love your new boat. That color really pops. Reminds me of the old school days when all the speedboats were metal flake! Full circle!