• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips.

Family has always been big into golf. I played a little before high school, but have never been good at it. I've always gravitated to slightly higher risk sports with a bit more action to them. Only in the last 4-5yrs have I seen the social benefits and had the patience to play a full round. Changing priorities from just me having fun to enjoying time with others is a big driver as well.

Big goal for this year is to play a round with my grandfather in October. He lives on Sawgrass in FL, and I want to be able to show up, play a round and not embarrass him or me with my absurdly bad shots. I don't care if I shoot 120, I just want to end the game with the same ball I started with, and keep it roughly near the hole I'm playing on. Beyond that, just playing a round with them is a win.........Check back in a few months to see if I'm gonna make it or not.
That’s awesome - enjoy the round with your grandfather asap - that’s PRICELESS

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Engine probably weights as much as the boat. My coworker had a 24’ pontoon with a 115 he towed with his VW Atlas. May not be the exact same towing capacity, but similar mid size class. We had a couple jet boats on my street but haven’t seen them in a while. One was a AR190 and two 242 limiteds. Just me holding the fort down from what I can tell.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry for the graphic images, but I assumed some of you would find this interesting...

Taking our normal afternoon walk today on the fire road that runs along the shoreline, and saw THIS. I can't figure out how that deer carcass ended up over 200' out onto the ice. I don't think it was there this morning. It doesn't look like the deer broke through the ice and got stuck...seems like it's just laying on its side. Maybe a coyote was trying to drag it across the ice, but that's hard to imagine.

1675814440145.jpeg

1675814514625.jpeg

1675814527665.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Engine probably weights as much as the boat. My coworker had a 24’ pontoon with a 115 he towed with his VW Atlas. May not be the exact same towing capacity, but similar mid size class. We had a couple jet boats on my street but haven’t seen them in a while. One was a AR190 and two 242 limiteds. Just me holding the fort down from what I can tell.
I towed my uncles 22ft TriToon years ago with my 4dr S10. Wish I had gotten a picture of that. It amazed me how little the hills bothered it compared to my Rinker, but the expressway was like pure torture on that truck with that boat. SOOOO much wind resistance.

Here's that truck with the Rinker attached. Nicest two vehicles I had owned at that point in my life. I was '25 when this picture was taken.
1675861612996.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have to imagine the Papa John’s next to the “Medical Marijuana Treatment Center” was a strategic business decision 🤣
379E45E6-9BFD-447E-B55F-EC76F51466B6.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have to imagine the Papa John’s next to the “Medical Marijuana Treatment Center” was a strategic business decision 🤣
View attachment 194002
I particularly like the reports of Girl Scouts selling cookies right outside a dispensary’s doors. I think they should sell small cartons of milk on the side.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Date night last night. My wife and I are Airheads. I was surprised to see how many young people (20 something’s) were in attendance and more surprised that many of them knew the lyrics to most of the songs. Last but not least, I’m grateful for the experience.C7FF7B0E-5822-4A13-BC30-3A952FFAB6EB.jpeg993D9236-2D76-42C3-8091-5F216B454E3A.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's always a fun crowd at these concerts for older bands! :D

A couple of years before the pandemic, my daughter (in college at the time) and I started seeing a concert each Summer. Started with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Def Leopard, Iron Maiden (again) - then Covid hit. We started up again with Blue Oyster Cult in 2021. My daughter has always been the one to pick the bands. The crowds were always interesting as they ranged in age from late teens to folks in their 70s. The enthusiasm spanned the entire group. I wonder if some of the interest evolved from kids (like my daughter) playing Rock Band (the video game)?

There are a couple of newer, established, Hard Rock/Metal groups I like, but my guess is that concert goers are probably just 20 - 30 somethings. Don't know any geezers attend these concerts.

Jim

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips.

Family has always been big into golf. I played a little before high school, but have never been good at it. I've always gravitated to slightly higher risk sports with a bit more action to them. Only in the last 4-5yrs have I seen the social benefits and had the patience to play a full round. Changing priorities from just me having fun to enjoying time with others is a big driver as well.

Big goal for this year is to play a round with my grandfather in October. He lives on Sawgrass in FL, and I want to be able to show up, play a round and not embarrass him or me with my absurdly bad shots. I don't care if I shoot 120, I just want to end the game with the same ball I started with, and keep it roughly near the hole I'm playing on. Beyond that, just playing a round with them is a win.........Check back in a few months to see if I'm gonna make it or not.
People care much less about bad shots than they do pace of play. If you follow general etiquette and don’t hold anyone up they won’t care how bad you are. I shoot high 90s as well and people frequently think I’m better than I am because I keep it moving.

If you don’t do anything else club related go buy a good used driver made in the last 5 years. It will blow your mind.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
People care much less about bad shots than they do pace of play. If you follow general etiquette and don’t hold anyone up they won’t care how bad you are. I shoot high 90s as well and people frequently think I’m better than I am because I keep it moving.

If you don’t do anything else club related go buy a good used driver made in the last 5 years. It will blow your mind.
I think a new set of clubs is only a few months out for me. The set I have now I got off craigslist about 4yrs ago for $45. They're called X-Cats by Cougar. They're not great.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! 46 mph, that’s almost full throttle in your boat….and I thought I skied fast. What app do you use to track all of those stats?
Ski tracks. And 56 is my max mph so far. Today was a good day😎BBA964C9-E056-43FC-8E25-E881446ECB24.png

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will have to get that app. We did well today also,(although any day you don’t have to take the toboggan down is a good day) 19, runs, 26 miles, 16,000 vertical, top speed 51.7 at Loveland. A half day tomorrow at A Basin and then have to fly back to Minnesota!
FCF5DC52-EA7A-48B8-824F-BB335EF62FC7.jpeg