• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Some water getting in Resolved

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw the same thing, and the redesign. That check valve seems designed to be utilized in a brewing setup, or something far more stressful than what we're using it for. The issue seems to have been the ball/float that was used, and to my mind, if it DOES fail, it's not the end of the world, maybe it would block off the tubing and wouldn't allow water in anymore. Shucks 😁

There's other check valves out there, but plastic was the usual material. That was the best metal valve for the cost, that I could find.

If it takes a crap on me, I would consider running the topside fitting to a pisser fitting out the side where the rest are, and sealing shut the lower fitting under the transom.

@FSH 210 Sport had the idea to plug the lower, because the FSH has the drain channels as well, and IMO it's a stupid decision to invite excess water INTO a boat, and I feel the same way about the anchor locker drain.
I‘m going to block off the top thru hull of the clean out tray with a marine east mock thru hull https://www.marineeast.com/a_sch/sch_det.asp?cid=05&pid=05_04o and re purpose the bottom thru hull after swapping out the OEM plastic thru hull with this gemlux thru hull https://gemlux.com/collections/thru-hulls/products/743
for the additional bilge pump I’m going to be putting in the bilge just forward of the hull drain. My boats drain line is 3/4” as opposed to the 1/2” drain that other boats seem to have. The i flow check in 3/4” is “out of stock and it is not known if it will ever be back in stock” according to amazon, So I went with the T-H marine scupper check valve to keep the water from trying to come back in through the bilge pump ( https://thmarinesupplies.com/collections/plumbing-drain/products/inline-scupper-check-valves ) The other consideration I had was making sure that this new plumbing would drain down so there would not be a freeze issue. If the new bilge pump I ordered has a duck bill back flow preventer at the pump I’ll remove it so water can flow back and then out through the hull drain plug.
Ill post a thread when I’ve completed it.