• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Star Brite is also good for...

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was cleaning my hull with Star Brite when I noticed it was making parts of the galvanized trainer lighter. I used it on my wheels that were stained (and tried cleaners that didn’t work) and it cleaned them right up!
Best steel wheel cleaner I’ve ever used!

4B439D14-516B-40D4-8015-F4A09298B1C6.jpegABA5A215-4DB8-4674-BBBC-014932D059EB.jpeg0E56C484-4229-49D0-AFC1-7616CC288E26.jpegA6713E09-2137-47B8-98BA-8C029EB40A84.jpeg

Which bottle if you can put a picture of it please star brite make many of different ones.

Which bottle if you can put a picture of it please star brite make many of different ones.
@Hilario Perez , Here's a pic of the bottle. It worked great - and I tried several wheel cleaners and steel wool that only got the wheels up to the "before" pic results.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 8.50.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 8.50.19 AM.png
    737.1 KB · Views: 17
Lot of elbow grease or just came off rims super easy?

Just remember that the hull cleaners are an acid which is eating off the zinc from your trailer. Thats why it works so well. Depending on the quality of the galvanizing it could eat it off in one application or a few. Then your trailer starts rusting. Same goes for cleaners like purple cleaner degreaser or sodium hydroxide cleaners that are on the other end of the ph spectrum. They all eat zinc

Just remember that the hull cleaners are an acid which is eating off the zinc from your trailer. Thats why it works so well. Depending on the quality of the galvanizing it could eat it off in one application or a few. Then your trailer starts rusting. Same goes for cleaners like purple cleaner degreaser or sodium hydroxide cleaners that are on the other end of the ph spectrum. They all eat zinc

So it would be damaging to the rims?

Well if it eats the zinc off then they will start rusting

Lot of elbow grease or just came off rims super easy?
Super easy! Sprayed it on and then used a brush to spread it around evenly and get in the crevaces/cracks. If you only spray it and not spread it around, you'll see the areas where it's being effective it not an even look.

Well if it eats the zinc off then they will start rusting
Thanks for the info on that and something to be aware of especially if you're using in saltwater. I'm only in freshwater but good to note!

was going to say the same thing. It’s important to protect galvanized surfaces when using hull cleaner, even a milder one like star brite

wow thanks for this, I only used Star brite product to clean the chair when it got mold

Will Star Brite damage or dis-color the seadek or vinyl in our boats? Looking to use on the swim platform and just want to know how careful I need to be around the vinyl and decking.

Thanks.

should not do anything to the seadek. i acid wash my swim platform the the marinemat without issue. should be ok with the vinyl as well but i would test a small spot to make sure it doesnt yellow it in any way.

Thanks. I'll cover the seats just to be safe, but good to know you haven't noticed any damage on your boat.

Thanks. I'll cover the seats just to be safe, but good to know you haven't noticed any damage on your boat.

I’m not sure how dirty your swim deck is, but you might try vinegar and water at 1:1 ratio and just spray it on and move it around with a brush and wait a few mins then try rubbing again with a brush then rinse. I use this method to take off all the hard water spots of my boat, inside and out, then wax it. And, just recently I noticed this bath tub ring in the jet pump wells on the back, I sprayed on the vinegar and water solution then let it sit for a while while I took all the water spots off of one side of the outside of the hull, then came back and hit it that area with the super soft brush I used on the hull and it all came right off. I even got a lot of the dirty hard water staining off of the hull the same way. I do have the Star Brite easy on easy off hull cleaner to use just before I put the boat up for the winter, that product is Hydrochloric acid I believe and will require covering my painted trailer with trash bags before application.

@Hilario Perez , Here's a pic of the bottle. It worked great - and I tried several wheel cleaners and steel wool that only got the wheels up to the "before" pic results.
That contains a light acid. If you want to do it a cheaper way, buy some toilet bowl cleaner. Same stuff.

X2 on 10% vinegar in a spray bottle, wipe down every trip. Takes the hard water spots off instantly.
Rejex polymer as mentioned here seems to be holding up well and is super easy to apply.
imo cheapest acid wash would be muratic pool acid. Straight it will remove surface rust from steel. Dangero_O

The issue I'm hoping to address is staining (yellowing) from tannins in our lake. I'm open to trying vinegar and seeing how it works as well.

Back