• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starved Rock to Peoria Run...Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That is right in line with the boattest.com report!
That also puts you (according to their site) about 3.4 mpg! Not a whole lot of boats can boast that for sure.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the price per gallon was at the marina Sunday? I put in $20.00, not sure how many gallons that was.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Speedling, do you have the boattest data for our engines? I can't find it online.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just topped the tank off before I put her away for the winter. Only took 22 gallons to fill. I'm very surprised by that.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So that is a total of 40 gallons?

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like I burned about 45 gallons. Not to bad considering I had a couple WOT runs.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We could not have dreamed of having better weather. Mid 70's in IL in October was sensational.
River Rat, looking through my pictures would have me remind you that you can smile occasionally. You have a beautiful little family and you're a Packers fan.:)
Shane, I am glad you found the right boat to hang out on. Your daughter seemed to find a new friend. Hopefully your wife can make it next time.

Thanks, Jetboater family, for another memorable trip!

@buckbuck I was definitely on the right boat. @Speedling's family was awesome and Olivia had a great time and did make a new friend. I think we all had an amazing time with the great weather that was provided. For my first outing with the jetboater.net group...I most definitely had an awesome time!

Everyone was great, welcoming, and included us in the plans for next year without asking...ha ha ha!

I'm not embarrassed to say...a great group of humans was found on the water this day...I loved the trip and can't wait for next year!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@shane hric We had a blast as well! Now for fixing my tower.... lol stuff happens. Can't help I lost a bolt. Basically took the tower off to fit in the garage as soon as we got home anyways.
Of course, I felt sick after lunch. I think something in one of those stuffed shrimp did me in. Out on the water for a bit and I felt better after a while. Brings me to my happy place!

I may try to get some more people to come out to the warm water discharge sometime with us as well, and I"ll be sure to include everyone to the invite!
And of course, my little lake here (Cedar Lake) is always open for anyone to come!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@shane hric It was really nice to meet you and I'm definitely looking forward to getting out on the big lake with you and @Speedling next year. I also really liked the idea of trying to get an Indiana gathering together. I told another member down my way about it and he's all for it. Here's to an even more awesome summer next year.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please let us IL guys know when you do the get together.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am sure it will be made plenty public @buckbuck !
I hope to share my lake Michigan spots and maybe do a little meet and greet somewhere but am trying to figure a good Indiana spot. Certainly don't want to or could I possibly replace Shelbyville but would love to add a couple more local excursions!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone-

Every year, in October, we have a run on the Illinois river from Starved Rock Park in Peru, IL to Peoria IL. This is a 78 mile trip. It usually takes us 2 or so hours to cruise down. We eat lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and head back up. It is usually a nice relaxing pace. In 2013 we had 13 boats participate and approximately 60 people!

View attachment 2520
This year the trip will be scheduled for Saturday October 10, 2015. We will plan to leave Starved Rock at 9:00 am. Everyone should plan on getting there between 8:15 am - 8:30 am, so that we can launch and be ready to go by 9 am. We always encourage boaters to dress in layers. We usually always start off in sweats and end up in t-shirts by afternoon.

Confirmed Attendees:

@OperationROL & @OperationROL's Wife
@scot71
@RampRage
@RxH2O
@RiverRat & @Mrs. RiverRat
@JCampbell
@buckbuck
@Just1more
@YamahaForMe
@Justin G.
@Speedling
@Kumpy
@Tom Barton
@shane hric

@Speedling, @Wake08, @RxH2O, @buckbuck, @pumps and hose, @Nathan Bryant, @Steve & Heidi, @Justin G., @JC6275, @aarons1k , @RiverRat, @GTBRMC ,@dan144k, @scot71, @scot71 wife, @Eric Popper, @BryanW, @Sheboat, @Tom Barton, @Kumpy, @Just1more, @YamahaForMe, @OperationROL's Wife, @Shelbyville
Hey Neal and Lee,

What's the dates and plans for Starved Rock to Peoria Run? I have some family coming in town who want to go on this run! Let me know guys!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't seen anything yet about this for end of season 2016. Would really like to do it though!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey Neal and Lee,

What's the dates and plans for Starved Rock to Peoria Run? I have some family coming in town who want to go on this run! Let me know guys!
So as per our discussion we said 15th or 16th i believe.
I may be camping there end of october with my church group as well.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So as per our discussion we said 15th or 16th i believe.
I may be camping there end of october with my church group as well.
Is there a thread started about the October 2016 run? We would be up for going to 15th.