• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starved Rock to Peoria Run...Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @buckbuck, did you guys get any racing in? Hope it got recorded if you did.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I trailed a good bit as my wife was scared to back in the trailer, lol
We chilled out. Waited for someone to get gas, etc. Enjoyed the nature! Came back with juuust over a 1/4 tank of gas too.
Did a quick speed run up and down river at the end with the kids and hit an average of 50 mph. Not bad.
Niel was gone when i got there!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There was no racing that I know of. I had a crew of 6 and the boat was full of excess junk, so I was not prepared for this competition. Although, when @buckbuck asked me to get some sound (db) readings at various speeds for a comparison document he has put together, I was able to hit 49 with my crew aboard.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I trailed a good bit as my wife was scared to back in the trailer, lol
We chilled out. Waited for someone to get gas, etc. Enjoyed the nature! Came back with juuust over a 1/4 tank of gas too.
Did a quick speed run up and down river at the end with the kids and hit an average of 50 mph. Not bad.
Niel was gone when i got there!
Yeah, @Speedling was ready. He took the tower off and I believe he convinced his wife to jump overboard with the kids if a race were to ensue. Since everyone suspected that and love his wife and kids, we backed of racing for their benefit! :)

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
..............seriously though, I believe the 2007 and 2017 212 X's would have tied again along with @Speedling's 2008 SS. I do believe I would had trailed them slightly, as I have the same power plant as the 2017 212X with a few hundred pounds more weight. I must work on that! Over the winter, there will be R&D. I promise. First thing will be to get the Starboard RPM to get above 7200. If I am pulling 50 with the RPMs 600 under where it should be, I can only imagine I will get a few more mph on the top end. Time will tell.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 47343 View attachment 47325 View attachment 47341 View attachment 47342 View attachment 47341 View attachment 47342 View attachment 47325 Overhead providing air support for recovery.

At least 3 in!

Couldn't get away for the day but got spousal clearance for an afternoon flight.

Hope you had a great trip!
That is so cool. I told my family that the red (burgandyish) plane was probably you. They said, "No way". I told them you had done fly overs for us in the past to see if the docks were in, but they thought it was too far fetched! Very cool. We are the 2nd boat in the first shot. Was waiting for my wife to grab the trailer and @Brian eilrich is the boat approaching the dock to let someone out to get their trailer.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was me. The purple Popper Piper....

Looked like a great day. Hope I can put in and make the trip next year!

E

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was great to meet with old friends and start a relationship with new ones. These boats sure make it easy for us to come together. Thanks for your patience setting up the group shots.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Man, that looks like a Gr8 time! I grew up near Starved Rock (Streator) and have a lot of fun memories from that area, but not enough to make it worth the trip from Washington State. ;)

yam230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you so very much.....what an amazing day. Thanks for organizing the run and also for the pictures. Such a great time.:thumbsup:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They loaded up just fine for me. Took a bit on 4glte but popped right up on wifi.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @buckbuck @OperationROL, would you have any idea why I can't view the pictures?
No idea. They are working perfectly for me. They are high resolution photos, so may take a bit to load if you are on a slower connection or slower device.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was great gathering with all of you on this trip. I believe all 42 of us enjoyed the trip and were thankful for the awesome weather. It is wonderful when you have to shed layers even before noon! As usual, t was great to connect with old friends and make new ones. I hope to see everyone next year for other get-togethers. I am sure there will be talk about next years events really soon, so stay tuned!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No idea. They are working perfectly for me. They are high resolution photos, so may take a bit to load if you are on a slower connection or slower device.
That must have been the problem. Once I got home they opened fine.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey it was great seeing many of you again...and meeting some of you for the first time! Sorry I wasn't a stick with the group guy on this trip, but when my gas tank hit 0-5% on the return and I wasn't back at the lauch area yet, I slowed down to pull into the nearby Marina for fuel. Needless to say...next year I'll be stopping for fuel right next to @OperationROL! Oh, a a big thanks to @Speedling for handing back to make sure that I didn't run out and could actually get fuel from the marina! :winkingthumbsup"