• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starved Rock to Peoria Run...Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@shane hric were you hammering on the throttle? Any idea how much you burned for the round trip?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@shane hric were you hammering on the throttle? Any idea how much you burned for the round trip?
I know we sat there for a bit waiting for him watching him pump! We ended up with 1/4 tank somehow after messing around and everything when we got back to dock.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I thought everyone would be fueling up!! I get nervous when I'm down to a 1/4 tank. Wife and I want to make the run again but stop at all the little marina (bars) on the way! Great time!!

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just1more that sounds great for another trip. We put on a porker run on the 3rd Saturday in Aug. Other clubs along the river have events throughout the summer too. Several friendly marinas to stop at
Henry has a small motel and East Peoria has Stoney creek near east port marina.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey buck, I had a full tank when we started and after the first couple of stops by the group and my crew's potty breaks I only opened her up to about 40 mph for a little while to catch up. Plus with riding through a lot of the other boaters wash and stopping in Peoria with 53% left and figured I could cruise back at optimum speed, away from everyone's wash, without worry...and didn't stop for gas with the others. Well...I hit 0-5% with about 15-20 mins left so I had to make an emergency stop for fuel at the small marina! I didn't fill up completely on the water, but I burned at least 48 gals prior to stopping!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought everyone would be fueling up!! I get nervous when I'm down to a 1/4 tank. Wife and I want to make the run again but stop at all the little marina (bars) on the way! Great time!!
That sounds like a great time! @Speedling and I are talking about putting a larger run together on Lake Michigan that might require spending the night while we hop from place to place!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That sounds like a great time! @Speedling and I are talking about putting a larger run together on Lake Michigan that might require spending the night while we hop from place to place!
Only problem is Lake Michigan and planning don't always work together!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh, I have no problem planning to NOT go out on that big scary lake.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Oh, I have no problem planning to NOT go out on that big scary lake.
@buckbuck you can come out on the nice calm days to portage and chill with us. Uses waaaay less gas than you are used to but you will get over it.