• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sticker-Less Boats. Post them here

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine are going to magically disappear before next season as after 3.5 seasons, they are starting to peel. I too like the look of a cleaner boat and don't want the looks of peeling stickers.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Yes, I was referring to the side graphics. Members, do you think it will hurt resale? I see the sticker side graphics as a negative. I enjoy the clean look of most boats and not the weak attempt of looking like dedicated ski boat. If I was buying used, I would see the owner of a sticker less boat as someone who cares about their vessel much like the owner who installs a second battery, better bilge pump, and so on.
Not for me. I like a boat with a clean classy look and personally think the side graphics and decals are garrish. To each their own I guess. I say if you don't like them remove em.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thinking about doing this to my 2015 ar240 (blue/black). they've been on for almost 6 years, though. is it even possible you won't be able to see where they were once they are removed? has anyone removed decals this old?
Someone around here with an older red 230, I think, removed theirs. They had some fading, but it was something they were able to clean and buff out, not only can you NOT tell where they were, I think the boat looks awesome. I'll see if I can hunt up who it was...

*edit* it was @zipper See his most excellent work here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/decal-removal.21302/

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone around here with an older red 230, I think, removed theirs. They had some fading, but it was something they were able to clean and buff out, not only can you NOT tell where they were, I think the boat looks awesome. I'll see if I can hunt up who it was...

*edit* it was @zipper See his most excellent work here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/decal-removal.21302/
thanks! great work, @zipper. good to know it can be done and fixed. i won't be the one wet sanding my gel coat, though lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking about taking the stickers off my boat. Still debating. Do you think it hurts resale at all? I have been kicking around going to a bigger boat next year or the year after pending what Yamaha does.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i don't understand the concern about resale value unless you can't get the gelcoat/finish looking uniform after you've removed the graphics. exactly why would it have an effect, because some people like the decals? i think there is an equal or greater chance removing the decals would increase the resale value. i know this, i've seen a photo of my boat on here without decals (and buffed/waxed way up) and it looks killer. the graphics on my AR already look dated to me.
2020-05-11 10.43.31.jpg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DRAT Yes that was my reason. I asked because I do not know and was looking for opinions on if it would affect resale. Maybe some want stock graphics others may not. I have no idea.

I have a stock 63' Split Window Corvette and a 1977 Trans Am both are completely stock and never driven. Gonna be part of my retirement funds someday. They are worth far more stock than repainted or touched up. With respect to boats and finish/decals, I have no clue, hence the question.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i hear you but i doubt these boats will ever be classics or collector items, lol. and mine has damn sure been driven... HARD!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DRAT I get that but again how would I know what the consensus is if I didn't ask others whom have far greater exposure to buying and selling boats as well as with our Yamaha's in general, than my 3 months of limited exposure. I always find it best to seek knowledge rather than assume (which usually doesn't go well all the time).

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DRAT I get that but again how would I know what the consensus is if I didn't ask others whom have far greater exposure to buying and selling boats as well as with our Yamaha's in general, than my 3 months of limited exposure. I always find it best to seek knowledge rather than assume (which usually doesn't go well all the time).
I think if you like the look go for it. I scratched my side graphic pretty good on a loose board at the dock my second or third outing. (No paint damage thankfully) I looked up the replacement cost from one of the parts sites. I think it was like $150. Might want to look up how much a new graphics kit would run for your boat. If it’s a deal breaker for someone looking at your boat when you sell it, you could tell them the old ones faded or something and you could knock off half the cost of replacements if they aren’t to pricy.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was thinking about taking the stickers off my boat. Still debating. Do you think it hurts resale at all? I have been kicking around going to a bigger boat next year or the year after pending what Yamaha does.
I took most of the decals off our AR210- they were too flashy for me ( they look cheesy) and cheap (peel easily if anything touches them). I did also consider resale value and plan on ordering replacements (they are very inexpensive)...

458FD3A9-8C26-4D7E-96EE-0B468B6E5019.jpeg
52EFB3EB-FF48-4339-9F86-DEB1183AA1EB.jpeg

Last edited:

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Only took me like 10 days to finally do it.a2ec2c22-69e3-4b1e-95c9-0360ef5e2290.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SlavO is that a 2020 AR210 like is says in your profile? The Tower is totally different than mine?

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@SlavO is that a 2020 AR210 like is says in your profile? The Tower is totally different than mine?
Oh the boat i drove 2 1/2 hours away.. na the dealership sold it before i could get there didn't even call me. Was really upset for a couple of days. 212x 2016

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s all personal preference. Some decals really date a boat and others do not. PO removed lower 1/2 of decals on my boat & I kinda like it. Makes it more recognizable. I was looking at wraps & New decals but once I figured out how to remove the glue shadows I began to like what was already there more & more. I personally can’t justify the $$ for a wrap or newer decal “just because”
8539DA91-674C-4287-BB3C-666F774215CB.jpeg
That’s my $.02

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright sounds good, I am going to go get a Dewalt Cordless heatgun for my cordless tool set kit. I was perusing this thread and maybe I missed it, but how to you get the glue residue off if there is any after I warm up and remove the decal?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Carb cleaner, spray on rag & scrub off

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
All i need was my fingernails and just pulled the stickers off.. the next day when it was like 92 out side.. a little goo gone and a nice microfiber towel. Every thing came rgt off.