• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sticker-Less Boats. Post them here

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
20200710_222622.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used acetone, does not work that well, before I found out about Debond Marine Formula Fawcett Boat Supplies I use it for many boat projects now. I too left an original graphic so the trained eye would be able to know the year. Big difference from the oxidized/dinged faded graphic boat we bought 4+ years ago.

20190827_142611.jpg

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright sounds good, I am going to go get a Dewalt Cordless heatgun for my cordless tool set kit. I was perusing this thread and maybe I missed it, but how to you get the glue residue off if there is any after I warm up and remove the decal?
Hot day and Goo Gone. I picked a little where the scratches from the dock were to make sure the paint was ok. I think the graphic are the same thickness/type as all the damn warming stickers on the boat. Those peeled right off after I got the corners up with my finger nail and some mid day Florida sun. Little Goo Gone and a paper towel to get the residue off. I used to replace much thicker/heavy duty graphics on my motocross bike pretty much the same way. (I didn’t have the Florida sun back then to help out, and I didn’t care about what was underneath)

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2017 ar240, just removed my decals. Need to remove the registration numbers now and move them closer to the bow. Not sure if I'm a fan yet or not.20210422_173614.jpg
20210423_164842.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did you use to remove the stickers? Are you using denatured alcohol, goo-gone?
Just picked away at a corner and got underneath it - then slowly peeled back. They came off in 1 piece. I then used acetone to remove the glue. Washed, polished, waxed, beers!

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raising this thread from the dead. Anyone else?

I have a 2018 AR240 that is white/blue and curious if anyone took their decals off one similar

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I removed all decals, Yamaha badging and warning stickers with a heat gun and some goo off. Relatively simple and easy process.

Really gives these boats a nice clean appearance especially when you have a tinted windshield.

Bluebozz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20220907_144136.jpg
Pulled the bottom graphics I think it looks better, still contemplating taking the little top ones and getting some after market graphics

Bucky Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Raising this thread from the dead. Anyone else?

I have a 2018 AR240 that is white/blue and curious if anyone took their decals off one similar
Took less than 15 minutes. Didn’t use a heat gun or need to use Goo Gone.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next step is powder coating the tower black.
What about removing it and going with Plasti-dip? Works great on car wheels, this seems less prone to abuse than that, and if you spray it with a reasonable coat, it can be peeled off, or easily resprayed if/when it needs it

Bucky Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’ve thought about that. I’ve searched all over to find someone who did it to see how it held up. I found only one, and his review was mixed. But, it seems like taking the tower off might be a real PITA, so I do like the idea that I could spray it while it’s attached. I’m probably going to try it. Any tips on prep besides a thorough cleaning?

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I want to meet the guy at the boat factory that installs all the warning labels. He and I are going to have words.
Just spent some time removing all of them.

Makes the boat look bigger. Lmfao