• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sucks living by the saltwater

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I live by Atlantic City...All Saltwater. I wanna buy the new SX but cant keep it in the water all summer bc of the salt water. Im not trying to buy a lift also and im not trying to tow it back and forth with my jeep (5 miles eachway on 1 road) Anyone ever keep there boat in the saltwater or am I S.O.L.

Last edited:
I run my boat everyday in salt water but I don't leave it in the water...

Last edited:
So I live by Atlantic City...All Saltwater. I wanna buy the new SX but cant keep it in the water all summer bc of the salt water. Im not trying to buy a lift also and im not trying to tow it back and forth with my jeep (5 miles eachway on 1 road) Anyone ever keep there boat in the saltwater or am I S.O.L.

You are only SOL if you insist on all of those three things… if it was me I’d be towing it to and from the water, I do that each time I go out anyway, I think it’s much more convenient than having a boat slipped in the water, don’t have to carry all my stuff to the boat. But launching and retrieving my boat is pretty easy for me. Your other option is to get a CC boat with outboards so you can raise the engines out of the water and flush them after each use.

LOL, this is the first post that I even seen on a boat forum that says it sucks to live near the water.

I seriously don't understand the concern with towing a boat 5 miles? Are you concerned with the towing, the ramps, or just don't have the space to store the boat?

If you want to keep a smaller boat in the water, then an outboard would probably be a better choice. Personally, for the value, I have been looking at Robalos and Chaparrals with Yamaha engines.

Jim

LOL, this is the first post that I even seen on a boat forum that says it sucks to live near the water.

I seriously don't understand the concern with towing a boat 5 miles? Are you concerned with the towing, the ramps, or just don't have the space to store the boat?

If you want to keep a smaller boat in the water, then an outboard would probably be a better choice. Personally, for the value, I have been looking at Robalos and Chaparrals with Yamaha engines.

Jim

The pursuit 248 is pretty cool as well! Robalos are nice!

Back