• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Switch left in water safely?

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Switch
Boat Length
I have rented a lake house for 9 days next summer. Will it be safe to leave the boat tied to the dock at the end of the day so long as I hit the bilge pump when getting out and again in the morning first thing?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hmmm a pontoon boat with a bilge pump interesting. I had a regular and severly modified pontoon boat but the only bilge pump I had was in the live bait well I built so when I was sitting still I could arieate the water in it and when I was moving I had a feed line sending fresh water to it. Can not see what would be a problem especially in a lake . Tie up good and it should be fine.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If seadoo still uses the carbon seal I say not a chance in hell would I leave one in the water. Even a new one. If they have a carrier style bearing like they used to or like the yamahas it's not ideal, but should be fine.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have rented a lake house for 9 days next summer. Will it be safe to leave the boat tied to the dock at the end of the day so long as I hit the bilge pump when getting out and again in the morning first thing?
I would think your bilge pump would be automatic…. Are you getting a lot of water out at the end of each day? If so anyway to keep that water out?

There is a switch that is wet slipped all summer at my closest lake for what it’s worth. I did see the owner there one day bailing some water out of the boat. Do these boat have self bailing decks?

DlakeSwitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've seen on the Switch Facebook groups that people have and haven't had any issues, some have switched the bilge pump to an automatic pump.