• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me too please
I sent message but no answer
Going to try one of them

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since the ramps were such a shit show yesterday we decided not to brave them today. It was time to get the boat really cleaned up anyways. Didn't realize just how dirty my mats were until I got them cleaned, aside from the obvious stains. They're almost a totally different color. After they dried I treated them really well with 303 fabric guard as well as the swim platform mats got a solid cleaning then treated. Boat got it's normal wash after being used, but the interior got the deep cleaning today. Seats were also wiped down and treated as usual per every usage. Floors got a good scrubbing once I took the mats out. All kinds of nastiness under there from my boat sitting out at the dealer prior to me purchasing it. Also don't worry that tag was discovered shortly after this pic and tucked back under. Just scrolling by the pic and seeing it annoys me. LOL!
View attachment 119346View attachment 119347View attachment 119348View attachment 119349View attachment 119350View attachment 119351View attachment 119352View attachment 119353View attachment 119354View attachment 119355
what are those mats? Are they factory or an aftermarket addition. I would love to have those instead of carpet in my AR195

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F85C3D40-BFEE-4A54-BB8B-BDB0ECCDD993.jpeg
added two 10 inch kicker speakers with the LEDs and amp to 2020 AR240. They sound great, but my goodness those wires were a pain to snake through the tower. Went through the very small opening on the front bar where the anchor light wiring runs through, used coat hangers and some electrical tape, many F bombs were dropped.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
View attachment 120823
added two 10 inch kicker speakers with the LEDs and amp to 2020 AR240. They sound great, but my goodness those wires were a pain to snake through the tower. Went through the very small opening on the front bar where the anchor light wiring runs through, used coat hangers and some electrical tape, many F bombs were dropped.
Not sure where I saw this but (next time) try light weight string at the top hole and a vacuum (to suck the air out of the tube bringing the string with it) at the bottom hole. Really works.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not sure where I saw this but (next time) try light weight string at the top hole and a vacuum (to suck the air out of the tube bringing the string with it) at the bottom hole. Really works.
That’s really the best way, if there’s room for the string it will make its way through. There are actually kits with a foam plug (it’s called a mouse) with an eyelet on it, sized for different conduit sizes. Can pull a string through a couple hundred feet of pipe in seconds.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
EBF6B61B-50A6-4853-82C1-660A625D89E7.jpeg
Fresh wash with Dawn, buff, and Rejex for the season. Changed oil, filters, greased intermediate bearings and trailer. I had changed the plugs a few weeks ago before the Florida trip. She is ready to rock for this season. I’d love to add some tower speakers and amp, maybe a sub. Thinking about sealing the pump tunnels as well, I get some cavitation if I peg the throttles from a dead stop.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 120938
Fresh wash with Dawn, buff, and Rejex for the season. Changed oil, filters, greased intermediate bearings and trailer. I had changed the plugs a few weeks ago before the Florida trip. She is ready to rock for this season. I’d love to add some tower speakers and amp, maybe a sub. Thinking about sealing the pump tunnels as well, I get some cavitation if I peg the throttles from a dead stop.

How far are you coming down?

How did you add picture to your above signature?
Boat looks great BTW.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What did I do? I actually got the boat!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How far are you coming down?

How did you add picture to your above signature?
Boat looks great BTW.
Thanks man! Looks like you got the signature pic figured out. We go to Navarre every year, this year we are going twice. Once a few weeks ago, next trip is last week of July until August 12th or so. My sig pic happens to be outside Flounders in Pensacola.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Compounded, Polished and applied Rejex for the first time. Boat was new to me a year ago, seller said he had it buffed before winter storage, but not sure about that. Was unsure about how far to go, whether to just wash and apply Rejex or do the full compound, polish and then apply. This was my first time and I was a bit apprehensive. Only thing I would've done different was use 3M marine compound b/c I could've used a deeper cut for some scratches. I was short on time and only had this weekend to pull it off so I used 3M auto compound. Regardless, I'm so glad I did it. The results are amazing. If you're on the fence, do it!

Forgot, I also added the Stoltz bow roller...long overdue.

IMG_6715.jpgIMG_6712.jpgIMG_6714.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
20200531_140445.jpg
Stickers off. Most the residue gone.
Polishing equipment in garage.
Updated a bit of wiring.
Checked engine anodes but they are in good shape! Oil changed as well.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man! Looks like you got the signature pic figured out. We go to Navarre every year, this year we are going twice. Once a few weeks ago, next trip is last week of July until August 12th or so. My sig pic happens to be outside Flounders in Pensacola.
Nice!! I live about a mile from the Navarre bridge, the sound was beautiful today.

Attachments

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Compounded, Polished and applied Rejex for the first time. Boat was new to me a year ago, seller said he had it buffed before winter storage, but not sure about that. Was unsure about how far to go, whether to just wash and apply Rejex or do the full compound, polish and then apply. This was my first time and I was a bit apprehensive. Only thing I would've done different was use 3M marine compound b/c I could've used a deeper cut for some scratches. I was short on time and only had this weekend to pull it off so I used 3M auto compound. Regardless, I'm so glad I did it. The results are amazing. If you're on the fence, do it!

Forgot, I also added the Stoltz bow roller...long overdue.
@msjones144, why or the rub rail masked? Where you worried about the 3M compound or Rejex?

akozar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Sucked up a stick. Now gotta take apart one of my jet pumps.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@msjones144, why or the rub rail masked? Where you worried about the 3M compound or Rejex?
I masked the rub rail so I wouldn't have 2 extra crevices to try to dig slung compound out of. Also thinking back, it was probably a good thing for the sake of my polishing pad. If I had hit one of the screw heads I'm sure it would've damaged it very quickly. I guess I was just worried about first time compounding with a rotary buffer after reading about burned gel coat. I wish I had a stronger cutting compound b/c not all the scratches came out like I would have wanted. Otherwise, everything went well. Rejex was awesome to apply, can't wait to see it in action in the water.