• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apologies for not replying sooner.

These are the CE Smith 60" versions. I got them from Wholesale Marine. Make sure you get the extended "U-bolts" because the included ones dont fit our trailers. I found out after the fact and ordered them separately from e-trailers.
I have the same ones and strongly recommend welding gussets on them if you load in any current. I kept bending mine after using them to help guide when loading in the current of a few rivers I boat and since I welded the gussets they are staying nice and straight.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/the-official-what-did-you-do-to-your-jet-boat-today-thread.2661/post-542811

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same ones and strongly recommend welding gussets on them if you load in any current. I kept bending mine after using them to help guide when loading in the current of a few rivers I boat and since I welded the gussets they are staying nice and straight.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/the-official-what-did-you-do-to-your-jet-boat-today-thread.2661/post-542811
I saw your post and will definitely look into that. Haven't had a chance to take the boat out yet, but will definitely add that to my list.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Apologies for not replying sooner.

These are the CE Smith 60" versions. I got them from Wholesale Marine. Make sure you get the extended "U-bolts" because the included ones dont fit our trailers. I found out after the fact and ordered them separately from e-trailers.
I went to Lowes and picked up the longer U-bolts. I got the same guides from BoatID for $137 shipped.... seemed like a good price. I don't think I checked wholesale marine.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to Lowes and picked up the longer U-bolts. I got the same guides from BoatID for $110 shipped.... seemed like a good price. I don't think I checked wholesale marine.
I should have tried Lowe's, lol. I swung by HD and they didn't have them so i just ordered them online.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I should have tried Lowe's, lol. I swung by HD and they didn't have them so i just ordered them online.
I've learned to check their apps before leaving the house. Home Depot has been striking out for me lately.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ordered the transom bag and pump for my 212x. REALLY fighting hard from calling up the local moomba dealer and putting in an order for a proper tow boat. Hopefully this can hold me over for a bit. I want to get past the covid craziness and make a proper decision. Hard to see what boat you want when none have any inventory to take you out and test them, or hell even see one in person before I spend 100k+. I have one more trip to my buddies lake house planned this season. Hopefully get it before the trip in a few weeks.Screenshot_20210803-204246-351.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changed out my Lectrotab actuator brackets to raise up the tabs another 1/2"

20210804_183503.jpg20210804_183506.jpg
1628120535779.png

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sprayed Spray and Forget algae and mold killer on my original custom cover. 2009 this stuff works. I apply it every other year, then apply Starbrite solvent based waterproofer. I will do that this weekend.

You'll love the Wake wedge, who needs a Moomba,...look at it this way. Your Yamaha won't chew any unfortunate soul with no skills....................just water up the butt !

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It has arrived! That's much bigger than I thought it would be. Wife said great more things you have to do before the 5 mins you get to surf. I said welp that's what happens when you don't buy a real tow boat. She's bitter cause you can't take them in salt. Need to just replace the motor on my old boat at my parents and use that as our salt turd. For now, hopefully this will scratch the itch a little. Heading back to my buddies lake house in 2 weeks. Going to grab the boat sometime this week to test it out solo before then.
IMG_20210808_152154759.jpgIMG_20210808_152902583.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yesterday I cleaned the boat after being out Saturday.

More importantly my good friends just bought a pontoon. So for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time ever, I went on someone else boat and didn't have to do anything but sit back and enjoy!

Gmole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you had any leaking issues with your trsnsom remote. I just got mine and I am trying to decided on a location?

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was trailer work day....did troubleshooting on all wires on the trailer.
  • Eliminated the multiple splice connectors and went with direct soldier connections...
  • reattached negative ground...
  • replaced bent CE Smith guide ( thanks to my storage neighbor)
  • replaced 2 CE Smith Guide LED Lights
  • Added New trailer rear lightbar...switched to LED.
  • Lubricated all the parts
  • 2 new Goodyear Endurance tires installed
  • Rewrapped wiring holder
  • Explained to my HS kid how wiring works on trailers and cars.
  • Ordered new Fulton F2 winch.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Reinstalled both pumps today after replacing the wear rings yesterday. So now I have roughly six weeks of boating left.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed new radio head unit & remote. Had to make a plate out of 1/4” plastic and it looks a bit different in the dash but lots easier to use & hopefully lasts longer than the last one. Also going to be nice having the remote on the swimdeck that actually works.
91212D6E-D160-4C2C-AF11-58B1B0711801.jpeg0A11C364-C9C5-4CA9-98ED-ABE435086298.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
1. Installed my new wear rings and reinstalled my pumps (Saturday)
2. Finally installed my “missing” dual usb charge port at the port Captains chair. Was supposed to come with the boat. The new one has a voltage indicator.
3. FINALLY installed my fender cleats. Had to install them by platform speakers, no other access points.
4. Installed my Garmin BT-40 backup camera on the tower. Will really help backing into my storage bay. I’m usually by myself and have to jump out and check numerous times while backing. No More! Still need to make some fine adjustments.

Attachments

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the camera. If you could view the camera on a Garmin chart plotter that would be awesome! (And record too!)

4. Installed my Garmin BT-40 backup camera on the tower. Will really help backing into my storage bay. I’m usually by myself and have to jump out and check numerous times while backing. No More! Still need to make some fine adjustments.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sprayed Spray and Forget algae and mold killer on my original custom cover. 2009 this stuff works. I apply it every other year, then apply Starbrite solvent based waterproofer. I will do that this weekend.

You'll love the Wake wedge, who needs a Moomba,...look at it this way. Your Yamaha won't chew any unfortunate soul with no skills....................just water up the butt !
Do you have a link to the Pray and Forget? All I'm finding is stuff for roofs and siding.