• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found out the through hole drain for the clean out tray wasn’t hooked to anything, which meant the tubing that was hanging down in the bottom of the bilge connects to the drain opening above the starboard bucket. The marina that worked on it must’ve forgot to connect it I suppose 🤦‍♂️. Also, while I was inspecting down under the tray I noticed I was missing two clamps on the exhaust tubing since the other side had two clamps, so the same marina forgot to clamp those too. Guess a trip to the hardware store will fix that. The bilge ran an awful lot this holiday weekend, I just figured it was from the rough water and tons of people on the transom while coved up. Guess we will see how much it runs this week when we go.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got my Garmin uhd 73sv installed this weekend. Took a while figuring out where to mount this thing cause I hate drilling holes in expensive things. Also like to keep things as factory looking as possible which led me to the cup holder location. I gotta credit @HangOutdoors for that spot but then I still like the chrome ring so I strengthened up the cup holder and mounted my base slightly above the bottom to maintain drain ability. Made a little bracket on the backside to help keep it all stable. Turned out pretty clean. Also thanks @WiskyDan for the ram mount part numbers.

View attachment 154940View attachment 154941View attachment 154944View attachment 154945View attachment 154946View attachment 154947View attachment 154948
That turned out nice, well done. :)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Installed a screen saver on my 12” connext screen, installed an abrasive resistant 3M film on my anchor locker leading edge to protect damage from the chain, and started installing dri-tec in the anchor locker. Also installed 4 cell phone holders.

Last edited:

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Acard7
Found out the through hole drain for the clean out tray wasn’t hooked to anything, which meant the tubing that was hanging down in the bottom of the bilge....
On my 2007SX230HO the hose is open ended also and just drains into the bilge. I do not think it is connected to any other drain line.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Acard7

On my 2007SX230HO the hose is open ended also and just drains into the bilge. I do not think it is connected to any other drain line.
Ya I’m kinda surprised the clean out tray drain isn’t just connected to the scupper drain or the other drain opening near the port bucket. Figured they would want to save drilling another hole in the hull that would be below water a lot but who knows. I made sure the hose was connected on both ends so at least it’s not dumping into my bilge now. The bilge pumped a lot this past weekend but I just figured it was due to the holiday traffic and how rough the water was 🤷🏼‍♂️

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found out the through hole drain for the clean out tray wasn’t hooked to anything, which meant the tubing that was hanging down in the bottom of the bilge connects to the drain opening above the starboard bucket. The marina that worked on it must’ve forgot to connect it I suppose 🤦‍♂️. Also, while I was inspecting down under the tray I noticed I was missing two clamps on the exhaust tubing since the other side had two clamps, so the same marina forgot to clamp those too. Guess a trip to the hardware store will fix that. The bilge ran an awful lot this holiday weekend, I just figured it was from the rough water and tons of people on the transom while coved up. Guess we will see how much it runs this week when we go.
I found this on my AR240 as well. The connection to the tray had come off.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice install. Would you mind posting a follow up if you loose readings at speed? Mine is installed there, but with a thinner material. I loose bottom at 30mph. Not a big deal, but curious.
Well today after remembering to bring my Simrad i tested out depth readings at speed and it was rock stable all the way to 45mph didn't go any faster wife was on boat. Lol
Placement is perfect

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you not have a hole on the outside of the trailer frame to mount that to, so you get a straight pull? Worried that the strap constantly rubbing on the light will wear it down, or the partial obscuring being cop bait.
I will check and I just noticed the mount is already slightly bent on the port side

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I
Do you not have a hole on the outside of the trailer frame to mount that to, so you get a straight pull? Worried that the strap constantly rubbing on the light will wear it down, or the partial obscuring being cop bait.
don’t have one I have the aluminum eye beam type trailer I have to get creative I know the current (original mount) will eventually snap050CA135-1D10-4794-BE58-451E99EE5E5D.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
View attachment 156083View attachment 156084Been raining a lot here not a lot of boating so I installed boat buckle
I ended up installing mine on the frame rail. Those mounting tabs bend real easy. I tried to move the boat back on the trailer an inch or two and forgot to take the straps off first. Yes, stupid. I contacted Shorelandr to make sure it would not effect the structural integrity. Got the ok to drill the holes.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up installing mine on the frame rail. Those mounting tabs bend real easy. I tried to move the boat back on the trailer an inch or two and forgot to take the straps off first. Yes, stupid. I contacted Shorelandr to make sure it would not effect the structural integrity. Got the ok to drill the holes.
Ya mine is an eye beam type I can use the cross member to drill

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Here's my boat buckles install: I went with SS, these are the bomb.

Attachments