• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
This just in from Amazon. Still waiting for 2 fuse panels and the black cable. I'm going to add a fuse box in the battery compartment and 1 behind the helm. These will be for low amperage circuits, that's why I went 8 AWG. I found out this weekend why my SiriusXM is buzzing my speakers. I connected the pwr/gnd to the 12v power point behind the helm, it doesn't like that. From now on I will isolate everything.
If and when I upgrade the audio, I will run 4AWG or whatever is needed from the amp to the batteries with the adequate circuit protection.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those covers for the buss bar are junk that come with them, I threw mine out and replaced with these. They lock down nice and snug and there is no exposed metal or ends.

Also don't forget to heat shrink wrap your crimps

Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems Insulating Cover, 2719 : Boating Battery Switches : Sports & Outdoors

Here is how they look installed, I wanted something that covered more of the terminal end and that was tight and couldn't be knocked off. Same buss bars you have different cap.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Those covers for the buss bar are junk that come with them, I threw mine out and replaced with these. They lock down nice and snug and there is no exposed metal or ends.

Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems Insulating Cover, 2719 : Boating Battery Switches : Sports & Outdoors

Here is how they look installed, I wanted something that covered more of the terminal end and that was tight and couldn't be knocked off. Same buss bars you have different cap.

So I can just buy the caps and they'll fit?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

I think you have the 250a bus bars, mine are 150a. Looks like I need the 250's to get those covers.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
There's too much confusion on Amazon, for $25 a pop, I'll just run zip ties underneath to keep them on. I just check the covers that came with mine, extremely tight.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keel Guard installed finally

20210617_195352.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Great job! Check that tongue bolt under the amber reflector, I bet it's loose if you haven't checked it already.[/QUOTE]

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got it last summer late whe. It came in and just didnt get around to it. Honestly it was fairly easy to do.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Added the DStep to the trailer. Not as young as I used to be and since I’m essentially launching solo, this makes entry from the front much easier.

It’s really made for a 3 inch tongue, but because of the sleeve for the surge brakes, it is actually 3.5 inches, so the ubolts that come with it will not work. I grabbed some hardware from Lowe’s to get it on. It’s not quite as heavy as the ubolds that came with it, but I think it will work since there isn’t much dynamic load. Only down side is that it covers the port to access the brake fluid so I’ll need to remove occasionally to check the brakes.

37709EE5-04F1-4C32-A2D0-32130191C8ED.jpeg

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The lower tow mount was loose, so added some larger washers and snugged it up. It should come from the factory a little beefier..
Added port and starboard fender cleats idea from
Second trip out Admiral loves them (only using for temp docking) before was clipping onto to base of tower. Might add two more to stern.

@InmyElement I bought some too and planning to install soon. Just to confirm, did you use a 3/4 inch drill bit?
The lower tow mount was loose, so added some larger washers and snugged it up. It should come from the factory a little beefier..
Added port and starboard fender cleats idea from
Second trip out Admiral loves them (only using for temp docking) before was clipping onto to base of tower. Might add two more to stern.
Used the gallon sprayer and treated cover and bimini with 303.
Hose and clamps to cup holders.

View attachment 152686View attachment 152687View attachment 152688View attachment 152689View attachment 152691View attachment 152692View attachment 152693View attachment 152694View attachment 152695View attachment 152696
@InmyElement bought some of the quick release fenders too. Planning to install soon. Just to confirm, did you use a 3/4 inch drill bit to drill the holes?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heading out for a week at a lake house and then a week in Panama City so I finally got around to adding a shelf in the head.

BD8C621A-9D92-4F10-9461-83D35F4422AB.jpeg

Also, bought some Speaker Sox for my tower speakers. The fit was great! Jim was great to deal with and gave me a free upgrade to the better fabric. Called the number on his website today with a question and he answered the phone. Can't beat that!

Wakeboard Wake Tower Speaker Covers Boat Lightbar Wakerack Wakeboarding

CA27B3F8-9890-4289-82D4-C34B6B7550D6.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after much back and forth i decided to move my transducer. It wasnt because of my trim tabs because i had room, i didn't like its position to the lateral thruster exhaust being close to hitting it.

I saw a few ideas here lately so i did it finally. Even though i was drenched with sweat i got it done. I mounted a piece of starboard to the ride plate using the existing 2 bolts. Then i bought a flush mount bracket to mount it to the starboard.
Not really concerned about the keel because its approximately the same angle as the pump was in its prior position.

20210626_124229.jpg20210626_124217.jpg20210626_124208.jpg

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well after much back and forth i decided to move my transducer. It wasnt because of my trim tabs because i had room, i didn't like its position to the lateral thruster exhaust being close to hitting it.

I saw a few ideas here lately so i did it finally. Even though i was drenched with sweat i got it done. I mounted a piece of starboard to the ride plate using the existing 2 bolts. Then i bought a flush mount bracket to mount it to the starboard.
Not really concerned about the keel because its approximately the same angle as the pump was in its prior position.

View attachment 154821View attachment 154822View attachment 154823
Nice install. Would you mind posting a follow up if you loose readings at speed? Mine is installed there, but with a thinner material. I loose bottom at 30mph. Not a big deal, but curious.