• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Noko A little more detail on the anchor locker strut please? Looks like a great mod.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't remember where I got the strut but on page 21 of this topic someone said they bought a 15" strut from autozone. If you look at my pic you can see there are two different mounting brackets.

Heres a link to some parts. I don't remember if I bought from West Marine though. The two mounting brackets are different. One is a 90 degree mount and the other is flush. I put the 90 degree bracket on the door. Make sure you have the ladder in the anchor locker before you decide on the location to mount the strut. I had to move one of the brackets for clearance because I had the ladder out and the strut was hitting the ladder when I closed the door.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/taylor-made--replacement-gas-struts-for-dock-boxes-hatches--P024_720_003_512
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/taylor-made--gas-strut-support-brackets--P024_720_003_510

Last edited:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I completed my stereo upgrade with two added Polk DB651 speakers mid cabin and all eight speakers now powered off two Clarion XC1410 amps. The system is night and day better than before. There is plenty of bass for my needs and even my kids gave it a thumbs up and they are used to shaking the house with subwoofers.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I also installed drain lines in all the cup holders while stuffed up inside the lockers to run the wiring.

image.jpeg

Next up: two rod holders for the transom.

image.jpg

Last edited:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@eticket, I'm being lazy since it's on here somewhere - what size hose did you use for the cup holders? (I still can't believe they don't come that way from the factory!!!)

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@msavold the cup holders I bought require a 3 3/4" hole saw. That is also what @Bruce used as well for his swim deck. I think @eticket juat added drain lines to the factory cup holders so the water just doesn't go into the storage under seats. Curious to where you ran drain lines to though? Also are you running both amps of a distribution block?

Last edited:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@2nazt, I added 3/8 I.D. tubing to the existing cup holders. The aft cabin drains go thru existing penetrations to the engine compartment (starboard all the way aft together with the ballast tubes and some factory harness and port is forward together with the fuel lines going to the tank). The mid cabin starboard more or less straight down to a gap between hull sections that I believe will end up in the bilge: see pic:

image.jpeg

The mid cabin port side goes to the same place that the glove box drains to, just inside the port locker door. The forward starboard runs back to the same place as the helm drain lines go, which I believe drains to the fuel tank compartment.

All of these locations allowed for nice tube routing that should stay put and not interfere with gear in the lockers, etc.

Only one cup holder vexes me, the forward port side. I am plugging that one as there is no good tube routing I can think of that will drain and not be in the way of all the gear stored in that compartment.

Last edited:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also are you running both amps of a distribution block?
Yes I have one on the bottom right side of the mounting board (obscured in the above pic), this has a couple of open spots for future needs:

image.jpeg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I have one on the bottom right side of the mounting board (obscured in the above pic), this has a couple of open spots for future needs:

View attachment 40029
Nice work on the whole install. Huge upgrade & quite cost effective. :thumbsup:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@GTBRMC the hardest part is dealing with the fiberglass in your arms. Make sure you a have a grinder and someone to hold the scupper outside as you wrench on the inside. I give it 4 just because I have big hands and it was hard to work around the water box's. But it gave me access to do the second bilge pump and check all my hose clamps. Sign up for the holder of the scupper wrench to make it easier. Could be done in about 4 hours or less start to finish.

Krzysiek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to do this, also. What would you rate this job for PIA factor, scale of 1 - 10 (with 10 being biggest pain)?
(1)For me it was easy to:
remove cover
move water box (secured with bungee cord)
remove hose and scupper
grinding ss scupper.

(2)The hardest part was to install ss scupper with 4200. It was a mess. I still have to do leak test!

I would rate first part 3, second part 7. Overall score 5.

I agree with @2nazt. My arm is scratched from fiberglass. I would suggest to cover inside/side walls with towel. Too late for me!!!

20160623_185646_resized.jpg

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Installed a flush mount flagpole holder for my custom flag. My 215 had this little round indention on the rear side on the swim platform. I thought it was the perfect place for a flag holder. It must have been originally planned for it because it fits perfectly.20160624_155150.jpg

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed a flush mount flagpole holder for my custom flag. My 215 had this little round indention on the rear side on the swim platform. I thought it was the perfect place for a flag holder. It must have been originally planned for it because it fits perfectly.View attachment 40125
Where did you get the mount and the flag?

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The mount is Perko, the flagpole is Taylor ordered them from Jamestown Dist. And the flag is custom from Gettysburg Flags. They have it on file so you could order one.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So far I've swapped the bow roller with a stoltz , windshield tint and today painted the speaker grills . I had some time this morning . Pissed we couldn't go out on the boat , due to my wife's cousin thought it would be a great idea to get married on a holiday weekend!:banghead:
image.jpeg

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today I installed the Yamaha OEM shower kit on my SX 210. Was not not easy by any means. Purchased it from another jet boater for a great price who I believed bought it from someone else. I decided to go ahead and tackle it before I change my mind and resell it. We do boat primarily in salt water so I figure we will use it fairly often. I ended up relocating my Fusion remote to the other side to make space for the shower head. As you can see from the pics it is really not made for the 210s and is kind of bulky on the swim platform. Wish I had a bigger space to mount it. I ended up removing the aft starboard bulkhead wall to route the hoses. It is not easy at all working back there but managed to get it done without to much fiberglass in my arms. Also tightened up a loose cleat while back there. The tank fit perfectly under to starboard seat without loosing up too much space. I did have to buy some longer hoses to make everything work. I put the fill port in the cleanup hatch. I did have to do some little modifications to make it fit. I guess the 240s have a bigger hatch. Overall Im very happy with my install.

IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Monterro i was going to buy that kit dang you didn't resell lol. Install looks nice btw.