• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2nazt I was very close to putting it up for sale too. Im on vacation and I was looking for something to do so I started cleaning up the garage and saw a box I was not familiar with. Opened it up and there was the shower kit. The purchase order from whoever bought it originally was in 2013. It was defiantly time for it be installed.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Uh oh someone has dual batteries and a LVD, plus a grill. A huge shoutout to at @Bruce for all the great write ups and my countless questions! Now I'm ready for my 5 days in Grassy Key starting Saturday. image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tore the skis apart again...

IMG_20160713_223751.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yessir @2nazt! Taking the glovebox to work today to cut.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Added an American Flag. I'm actually very pumped about this addition.

GOPR3771_1468536025484_high.JPG

JAUGA82

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Added D cell Maglite clips to the head storage compartment to hold table legs. Fits perfectly! 20160731_140722.jpg

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Added a new Stoltz ultimate bow roller, de-stickered the stern in preparation for a forthcoming boat name, added a new anchor with 6' of chain and 150' of rope, and a new cover (I could only withstand that shipping cover for about a week)image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got around to installing the number
numbers.JPG

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went to replace my trailer bunk carpet thinking it would be a 30 min job. Found out the back two bunks were rotten. Had to replace two of the 4. Hindsight probably should have gone ahead and replaced all but the front still seemed very solid.

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After performing my full post winter self-inspection (check oil, inspect for leaks, engines ran, bilge checked, fuel system inspected, etc)
I also asked the USCG to perform theirs:

upload_2017-3-2_7-58-4.jpeg.... ready for a great 2017 season!!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie where did you take your boat for the inspection? I would like to have one done this spring too.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D -

All I did was fill in the form on the site below. You will then be contacted by the local examiners.
http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=V-DEPT&category=i-want-a-vsc

Last two years I've had the pleasure of the guys actually coming to my house to inspect my vessel. I highly recommend doing it. It's a completely free service from the USCG and shows to all marine LEOs that you are on top of your game.

I also attached the checklist that they use - great for a self-inspection before they arrive.

Attachments

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Two years ago the Army Corps of Engineers had a vessel inspection day where you could bring your boat to their office and have it inspected. I thought it was very useful, especially being my first year with the boat. I'll have to schedule one for this spring. Thanks for the reminder!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently pulled both pumps and sent the impellers to Impros to have them cleaned up. They only had minor dings after 10 seasons but t doesn't take much to cause cavitation.

Impros did a great job with super fast turnaround.

I also bought a new mirror to replace the suction cup mount mirror that failed. The new mirror clamps to the windshield frame. I am searching for a thumb screw so I can install and remove it without tools.

After I reinstall the pumps I'm gluing to take the boat into the local Yamaha dealer. The engines weren't running smoothly last summer. This will be the first trip to the Yamaha dealer for the boat after 10 years of use.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jdonalds glad to see a post from you again, you'll have plenty of water this year!

For the rough running engines, did you try changing the spark plugs yet? Do you know for sure it's the engine and not the pumps causing vibration, maybe run the engine with the impellers out to eliminate all that pump noise, strange that both engines would be giving you cause for concern.

If it's not a dealer you have ultimate confidence in I'd hate to hear the fix it plan for "rough running engine".

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Likewise @jdonalds it is good to hear from you.
Are the engines running rough at idle or across the whole span of throttle?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got the Gator Step installed.

IMG_0054.JPG IMG_0053.JPG