• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wish they had that blacktip for the '17 210. That is a great price.

Yesterday I dropped the boat off for her 20 hour service. Also having them fix a peeling logo and the anchor locker latch. Hopefully last time she sees the dealer as I will be taking over maintenance for next season.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What do they do for the 20 hour service and what does it cost?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Honestly I am not sure what all is involved, I will know when I get the paperwork back. I do know spark plugs and oil is changed. I also know the throttles are synced. I think they also grease whatever needs to be greased, and overall do a thorough inspection of the boat. He said it is about $500 - which seems absurd to me, but I was given $500 in free service when I bough the boat, so it is pretty much free. I can post more details once I pick up if you would like.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly I am not sure what all is involved, I will know when I get the paperwork back. I do know spark plugs and oil is changed. I also know the throttles are synced. I think they also grease whatever needs to be greased, and overall do a thorough inspection of the boat. He said it is about $500 - which seems absurd to me, but I was given $500 in free service when I bough the boat, so it is pretty much free. I can post more details once I pick up if you would like.
Just curious what dealer is doing the service?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good luck with that. Great sales department but their service has left me furious. Liars and half ass work.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good luck with that. Great sales department but their service has left me furious. Liars and half ass work.
I have my own gripes about the service department. They have fixed all my other issues so far, hopefully this goes well and I won't have to bring it back moving forward. I guess for warranty work I could take it to Barney's in the future, it is a hell of a lot closer. With the the major issues I had, they gave me free products, and gave me below cost for my speakers.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s free service though so it’s hard to complain about it unless they jack something up. If they are primarily doing an oil change and replacing the spark plugs, the retail material cost is under $200 ($100 for the oil and filters on a twin engine boat plus up to $12 per plug, I’m being generous on the plugs as this is what iridiums cost me, doubt the dealership is using iridiums though). So the bulk of the cost is labor, even at $100 per hour I can’t see it taking 3 hours to complete this work. Maybe if they are counting the time it takes to extract the oil from two cold engines with really crappy equipment.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just helped extract oil on friends jet-ski - that sucks. I will find something that works great before next year.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's the jacking something up part that I'd be concerned with. Or saying they did something and never actually did it. Are you going to pull the spark plugs out to make sure they were changed? Probably not... clowns they are

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds like you had a really bad experience - was this on your 17?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup! The steering cable froze. When I brought it in "Dragon" said that it probably won't be covered because it's a wear and tear item. Also had a few other minor issues that he said probably wouldn't be covered either but he'd submit them to Yamaha and see what they say. They had the boat for 2 weeks and kept saying they're waiting for Yamaha to give them an answer. Michael in their service department told me to call Yamaha customer service myself to find out what was taking so long. I called Yamaha late in the evening and by early morning "everything " was approved. It took Cycle Springs a few more days to do the work. I guess that makes sense because February is their busy season... When I picked the boat up I asked about the other minor issue, the bow anchor locker strut so rusted it looks like it's been at the bottom of the ocean for years. Dragon says Yamaha didn't approve them. Hmmmm...?

I should have inspected the boat on the spot but I didn't, my fault. The 2 jets were pointed in and none of the bolts were tight (half ass work). I saw this as we were getting ready to hit the water. Could have been a very dangerous situation. When I called them Michael asked me if I was going to just fix it myself or bring it back. Really dude? I can't trust the work will get done correctly and I'm not making multiple 1.5 hour drives back and forth.

Fast forward a week and I call Yamaha to find out why the strut wasn't covered. They say it was never submitted.....
Dragon lied right to my face. I'm still an $18 item, not a big deal. It's the principle. If you lie about that what else are you willing to lie about.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yup! The steering cable froze. When I brought it in "Dragon" said that it probably won't be covered because it's a wear and tear item. Also had a few other minor issues that he said probably wouldn't be covered either but he'd submit them to Yamaha and see what they say. They had the boat for 2 weeks and kept saying they're waiting for Yamaha to give them an answer. Michael in their service department told me to call Yamaha customer service myself to find out what was taking so long. I called Yamaha late in the evening and by early morning "everything " was approved. It took Cycle Springs a few more days to do the work. I guess that makes sense because February is their busy season... When I picked the boat up I asked about the other minor issue, the bow anchor locker strut so rusted it looks like it's been at the bottom of the ocean for years. Dragon says Yamaha didn't approve them. Hmmmm...?

I should have inspected the boat on the spot but I didn't, my fault. The 2 jets were pointed in and none of the bolts were tight (half ass work). I saw this as we were getting ready to hit the water. Could have been a very dangerous situation. When I called them Michael asked me if I was going to just fix it myself or bring it back. Really dude? I can't trust the work will get done correctly and I'm not making multiple 1.5 hour drives back and forth.

Fast forward a week and I call Yamaha to find out why the strut wasn't covered. They say it was never submitted.....
Dragon lied right to my face. I'm still an $18 item, not a big deal. It's the principle. If you lie about that what else are you willing to lie about.
Yeah - I could see all this happening. When my motor went bad - they said low compression, but no big deal. Died again a few weeks later - couldn't flush - based on paperwork it sat for about 10 days before they got it - caused the internals to rust (I assume). Ended up having to get a whole new motor, and they questioned me about my flushing methods. They told me it might not be covered - but I stood my ground and told them a lawyer will quickly become involved if that is the case. It took about a month and a half to get my boat back and fixed. I called Yamaha and them nearly every day. Not sure who the blame really fell on - I think it was both, but they definitely could have done better. I was compensated by both Yamaha and Cycle Springs so that did help ease me quite a bit.

I will say I like working with Michael much more than Dragon. Mike has given me free stuff a few times now (cleaner, high quality salt away mixer) - and overall is a cool dude. I have been told many many times Dragon will call me and I never get a call back. I don't know if he is just busy or forgetful - no idea. No problems with him personally I just think communication could be improved. Like I said, so far they have fixed all my warranty stuff, but with your story now too I am thinking Barney's is in my future. Have you used them? I know there is one in Brookesville.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Over this weekend. I have drilled lots of holes. Removed wall caperteting. Installed MLV. Fully plummed ballast system. Pulled wire for ballast system. Plumbed beer tap line and tap. Plumbed drip tray line out the back of the boat. Installed built in inflator with air line coming out of shower head door with ballast hose for the line. Tested new version of push button start/stop with custom t harnesses on the boat (Successful test). Did I mention drilling lots of holes?

Was hoping to get more than that done but things go slow when you contour and cram yourself into very small areas. Needed help getting out once. Hopefully the weather is conducive to mods next weekend as all of the cabin seats and spekers are in my garage right now with lots left to do for stereo upgrade 3.0, kegerator, and wiring everything up.

This is the only pic I took this weekend. Now where is the beer and Advil?

3A108301-760F-43BC-A0B0-34659B6F17ED.jpeg 55ECA13D-9FCE-48B4-BF34-A12E6DCFE998.jpeg

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m starting to think I should have outsourced this, but I started replacing the 5 year old crappy Yamaha deck material with Sea Deck today. I read every thread I could find on the subject of removal, but there is simply no easy way to get the old stuff off. I only managed to remove the big bottom deck pieces and do the clean up in the 4 hours I had this afternoon. I’m guessing I have another 8 hour day in front of me to finish the project. BTW I’m becoming a huge fan of Rapid Remover for glue, even glue baked for 5 years in the Arizona Sun. The last pic is just a dry fit. The rear deck will be the last pieces I install.
75074B2F-FA4F-4E0E-ADF9-8E08072206F6.jpeg 09230E74-AD60-4D39-889A-1B63D733793D.jpeg 0A191E6C-05A6-4971-BF92-23337FE7902F.jpeg 9B264ADB-9747-4062-A4AB-0DC6C5952196.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started the "de-lawyer" process yesterday. Decals came off amazingly easy, just ran out of time to mess with it. Got the port side front, fuel filler, and swim platform cleaned off. Took a little peeling, then some light fingernail scraping, and a quick pass with a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Recovered each area with a light coat of Turtle Wax (even though they are all on white spots) for protection.

Looks so much nicer!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Made a mold of the non skid surface so I could fix a few dings.

A7C45E65-861A-47A4-BE9E-8668686ABDA6.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m starting to think I should have outsourced this, but I started replacing the 5 year old crappy Yamaha deck material with Sea Deck today. I read every thread I could find on the subject of removal, but there is simply no easy way to get the old stuff off. I only managed to remove the big bottom deck pieces and do the clean up in the 4 hours I had this afternoon. I’m guessing I have another 8 hour day in front of me to finish the project. BTW I’m becoming a huge fan of Rapid Remover for glue, even glue baked for 5 years in the Arizona Sun. The last pic is just a dry fit. The rear deck will be the last pieces I install.
View attachment 70292 View attachment 70293 View attachment 70294 View attachment 70295
You could cut down on some of that time and elbow grease by using a rubber eraser wheel on a drill. You'll love the SeaDek once you're done but you probably hate it at this point :D