• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1. Installed swivel racks, finally!

IMG_4538.JPG
IMG_4546.JPG

2. Winterized
3. Dropped off at storage facility
4. Drowning my sorrows for the end of the season.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@eticket , nice rack! Bummer that they got installed just in time for winter storage but i'd bet you will enjoy them for years to come.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170930_130056.jpg Buffing the scratches and then rejex for storage. Interior is cleaned the oil changed.20170930_150844.jpg

All cleaned buffed rejex and wax
And put up for the winter winter with damp rid and freshcab

Last edited:

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Put her away for the winter. FYI radials made a night and day difference maneuvering in the garage.. pushed it around by myself.. last season bias ply the boat would not move...

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last weekend, installed the Yamaha anchor kit in the anchor locker, and put away other assorted new supplies (fenders, ropes, toolkits, etc).

Installed Smith trailer guides, pads, and LEDs on top today. First ever actual mod.

IMG_2924.JPG

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Brought her home after 5 m0s. on the Lake at the marina, that closes today. The hull is not as dirty as I expected.20171013_163215.jpg I cleaned it while at the beach a couple of times this summer using a brush, mask, fins and snorkel. This is "Sweet Waters" winter home, I will winterize her when we are done for the season, not yet. Its officially over when I put on the grey factory mooring cover.
20171015_090555.jpg Now I can add the Blue Sea 7655 add a battery 10a charger.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I said 'hi' to mine as I squeezed by her getting out of the storage garage. I share storage space with a friend of mine that's close to the lake and we put his jet ski away yesterday. I got to drive it from the lift to the ramp as I wore jeans, sweatshirt, and shoes. Never done that before, but I stayed bone dry! We may take her out next weekend before we take her home for the winter.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Onboard charger installed. The real project will be the thru-hull fitting I'm thinking about.

Hooked it up right!

Printed some carpet-grabbing spacers to go between the charger and the carpet.

Mark Brannon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
@swatski How do you like the basslink sub? I picked one up last year and never got around to installing it. Was going to install under rear starboard seat behind captain chair

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski How do you like the basslink sub? I picked one up last year and never got around to installing it. Was going to install under rear starboard seat behind captain chair
Mine is in the helm compartment, hanging on the forward wall - behind the front-facing cushion (of the bow seating). That thing can rock pretty hard when it's hooked up right, plus for the full effect - I would open the helm door.
Unless vented through a large cutout (with a grill) - like e.g. what @Drift Away does - I'm not sure a sub would project very well in that closed rear storage compartment.
I'm very happy with it. It is nice to have a sub for listening when stationary, but once you get the engines going - the engines' noise just takes over and drowns out those frequencies no matter what you do.
My rear under seat compartments are extra sound insulated - to stop the engine noise coming through, so I wouldn't install any speaker there without cutting out an opening for a big grill.

--

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, drilled a big ol hole in the boat.

Taped/Templated

Drilling Lubricant - not too much.

Yikes.

Job Done
Ummmm I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but please remember one VERY VERY important step when you're using this plug. DO NOT ever plug the extension cord in to the wall outlet before plugging it in to your through-hull connector. Battery chargers will cause the 110 volt side to spark when you plug them in. I know it's not a super big risk, but that is the fuel tank vent that's 3 inches from that connector. A nice hot day and you could just have the right amount of fuel vapor/oxygen and spark to cause a little problem. Plug it into the boat first and the wall second and it won't be a problem.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep, had already considered that potential little nightmare. Where it's placed I'll have to have it plugged into the boat before snaking out the mooring cover through the fuel flap anyway, so it in essence forces me to do it that way. *knocks on fiberglass*

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20171115_165319.jpg 20171117_164829.jpg 20171117_164913.jpg 20171117_164919.jpg

Spent a few hours this week each day after getting home to get ready for new reverse cables, steering cables, 2nd bilge pump and thru hull fitting on saturday. Along with checking / replacing hose clamps.

Judson houston

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length