• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed 2 degree wedges in my pumps today, hoping to lift the bow a bit as I feel my boat rides wet a little too far forward for my taste.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Under the SeaDek, cleaned them and made sure they were flat & smooth and installed the seadek right over top of them. Not necessary to fill the holes under the seadek according to several of my trusted installers and fiberglass repair guys.

Outside of the seadek, filling and finishing with Marine Tex epoxy. Holes ONLY, just filling them using a toothpick and not gobbing all over the hole. Keeping as much factory finish as possible, for the more natural look.
That's a good plan! The new Yamahas have no wood/balsa core in the deck or anywhere, so there is not much to worry about really.
I have initially plugged the holes with 3M 5200 but it yellows over time and gets dirty - drives me nuts. I'm going to clean the offending holes with a dremel and fill/finish with OEM gelcoat (Spectrum, WC5 - for most new white decks).

--

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's a good plan! The new Yamahas have no wood/balsa core in the deck or anywhere, so there is not much to worry about really.
I have initially plugged the holes with 3M 5200 but it yellows over time and gets dirty - drives me nuts. I'm going to clean the offending holes with a dremel and fill/finish with OEM gelcoat (Spectrum, WC5 - for most new white decks).

--
So I was poking around Home Depot and noticed the Flex Seal stuff and got me wondering if that would work as good if not better, than the Marine Tex? I believe it can come in the form of white caulk, which could be really slick to just fill in the holes. Anybody ever use that stuff?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Crummy weather today, so finally got around to organizing the boat. Everything finally has a home so no random stuff tossed in various compartments. Few extra life jackets to keep us legal when just out cruising with friends.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was finally able to pull ours out of storage to put a charge on the batteries and a good cleaning. She was a little dusty since she stayed in a storage facility with a friends jetski instead her home garage. We then put some fresh gas in her and took her for a spin. A beautiful, but windy day. 20180512_133824.jpg20180512_172655.jpg
We got to check out the Sea Ray sitting in her slip before we put the Yamaha back on the trailer.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, I get to finally be a part of the What Did You Do to your Jetboat thread!!!

This weekend I did the throttle drop fix. The write up with photos was spot on! And honestly, after you take one of these apart, you have such a better understanding of how they operate. And that it's not a hard job. I left mine attached, so I had a harder time just finding a place to rest them while I did the fix.

Thanks for the great write up. We also named and lettered the boat this weekend. Installed two new batteries. Scrubbed all the seats with harsh chemicals, and ran the stereo so loud the neighbors came over.

I also took delivery of my new-to-me Floe 5000lb lift. That will be exciting to dip in the cold water this weekend!

So that was cool too.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ribbon delete and tried out the new Mega Fangs. Both made the first run of the season (only 60 degrees out) fantastic! Look at that speed! It is interesting the techs say 8k, but the digital says 7700.
Also found out my center ballast bag pump is seized or fuse blown. **Edit: I found another post where someone couldn't get there ballast to work either and all they did was turn the batteries off then on, and that worked for me too.

IMG_7263.JPG

Last edited:

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed seadek on the swim platform “Before”
B460ACDA-B433-4CB1-8E9F-0CCAA3B810B6.jpeg

Getting ready for install.
45EEF7EB-BB25-46B1-A950-CBE8A3C396BE.jpeg

Making sure lines are properly aligned.... yes had to use a self leveling laser level worked great!
489BB7AE-05A3-43B7-8960-B6455E338891.jpeg

“After” love it! Ready for the lake. Thanks Will @JetBoatPilot great customer service.
02EB7D2C-E479-4FD6-A346-313D525A0160.jpeg

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the thick (1"?) mat for the cleanout hatch cover/upper deck!
How do you like that thickness?

--
I really like it, kind of wish “all” upper deck pads were thick, I think it would look way better.. might have to ask Will @JetBoatPilot and see this option is available.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice job! That looks nice and comfy :)

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Over the last couple days I've installed a fuse block (Blue Seas Safety Hub 150) behind the helm with a 1/0 feed and reworked my amp board to accommodate a new 400/4 amp for soon to be installed helm and swim platform speakers. Still need to clean up and tie down the wiring a bit and want to run new speaker wire to each speaker to bypass the OEM. Hoping to get the wire run, helm speakers installed, and install my Raymarine Axiom 7 all this weekend. It's supposed to rain here so I'll have to do some garage boating instead!

Safety Hub.jpg
Amp Board.jpg

On a side note, there is a TON of room under the fuel hatch cover. Why didn't Yamaha use up the space and install a larger fuel tank? I think 75 gallons would fit pretty easy.

fuel tank.jpg

*edited to fix picture orientation

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
On a side note, there is a TON of room under the fuel hatch cover. Why didn't Yamaha use up the space and install a larger fuel tank? I think 75 gallons would fit pretty easy.
I've never had that cover off. That's a lot of room in there. The extra fuel in a 75 gal tank would add just shy of 200lbs of ballast when trying to surf. That would come in handy. :)

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Crlos16 I love that laser level, what a great idea. I could have used that with mine. BTW I think for your model, the 1" mat makes sense as your crew will be lounging there.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Over the last couple days I've installed a fuse block (Blue Seas Safety Hub 150)
Nice install. I really like that Safety Hub. Might be an offseason project for me to condense my separate high/low amp bus bars that take up a lot of real estate on my board.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Moved the Ski Locker strut so that the door opens more than 45 degrees. Added a couple clips to store the boat hook and VHF Antenna. Excuse the filthy boat, cannot wait for this pollen and non-stop effing rain to stop - she needs a bath.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Big houseboat trip to Lake Powell (AZ/UT) Memorial Day week, so I put a few final touches on the boat.
- Added Plug Locks from Cobra (literally took 5 minutes)
- Adjusted the throttle cables to full stop at WOT.
- Installed 12 volt lighter plug at the back of boat for airing up inflatables.
- Put on foam float tubes on the windsheild for a several hundred mile trip with the cover on.
- Installed LED MR16 docking lights. (No more radio cutting out when turning on the lights)
- Tested all electrical stuff and found the POS horn is dead. Found the Aqua Signal replacement on Amazon.
5521E8E0-F497-4E34-90E9-6DE80B6CB23B.jpeg A60ACF58-EAA9-48C3-9696-F98F851B3A0C.jpeg