• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While in the process of installing tower speakers, we discovered the tower wasnt centered over the boat, so we re-centered the tower, installed tower speakers, installed 4ga feeds to a power distribution center/fuse block/ground buss, installed nmea2k network, GPS/chartplotter, VHF radio and welded up a new oil pan for my LS swapped 1975 Camaro and retuned the transmission shift maps. Busy weekend.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Picked mine up from winter storage, the first pull with my new Durango R/T. The Durango pulled the boat like a champ!

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Named the boat and got my registration numbers on. Feels pretty serious now. Got my first check engine light as well, so took the boat into the shop. I was at 8.0 hours so they knocked out my 10 hour service while I was in there. $300 later, I'm back on the water. Definitely missed my wife today though. She doesn't do much to help with the boat, but what she does saves me a lot of time. Even solo though I was still faster than half the jack wagons loading up their gear on the ramp. Hope you all had great weekend.20180506_145914.jpg 20180506_141815.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 I see you found the route to run your wires thru the ski locker.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Getting her clean after trailering home in a pop up torrential downpour yesterday.

20180507_163428.jpg

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sea Dek! Not terribly difficult, just gotta be patient.
Sead Dek 2018.jpg

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fresh oil changes and a trip around disappearing island today. First run of the season.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Swapped out my defective transducer, fixed the leak at port hatch and repacked the trailer bearings, pretty productive I’d say

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Finally cleaned the truck to install my jetboaters.net decal. Well...... to be honest, I cleaned a small spot on the rear window. :rolleyes:

20180508_081558.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today I just rolled mine out of the garage and about to hit the lake on what is probably my last flex day at work after 15 years :(

IMG_8742.JPG

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What did you do with the holes
Under the SeaDek, cleaned them and made sure they were flat & smooth and installed the seadek right over top of them. Not necessary to fill the holes under the seadek according to several of my trusted installers and fiberglass repair guys.

Outside of the seadek, filling and finishing with Marine Tex epoxy. Holes ONLY, just filling them using a toothpick and not gobbing all over the hole. Keeping as much factory finish as possible, for the more natural look.