• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How do you like your Titan? I'm not terribly fond of the looks, but that Cummins in a 1/2 ton sure is enticing. probably going to upgrade next year. close tie between another Tundra, a Cummins Titan, or a Chevy 1500.
Go with the Tundra.
The Titan is nice but wearing quickly on interior. The gas and mileage is horrible. 12.2. I drive hard and idle with the A/C on
I got 16.4 with my 2016 Tundra and never had a problem. I still have me 2014 Tundra as a plow truck with a couple hundred thousand on it.
My Chevy was getting repaired to many times and I traded it in after 6 months. I hear they are better now. This is not to start a “ my brand truck is better than yours it is just my experience” I drive at least 75k a year and am in the truck a lot of hours a day I use it as a moble office. I had Fords in the 90s Chevys in the early 2000s them went Jap and they are bulletproof. 16 Nissan vans on the road and none got towed in last year.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How do you like your Titan? I'm not terribly fond of the looks, but that Cummins in a 1/2 ton sure is enticing. probably going to upgrade next year. close tie between another Tundra, a Cummins Titan, or a Chevy 1500.
I would toss the Ram in your discussion. Can still get the '18s for 15k off.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rams are great trucks. I have an 05 quad cab with a Cummins and love that truck!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Finally took the rear panel off and installed my tow valves.

Valves from Island Racing - part: IR-TVK-58 - TOW VALVE KIT

Wasn't too bad of an install. After re-installing the rear panel the valves are still an easy reach through the small access hatch.

The frustrating thing is a number of the screws on the rear panel were stripped out already. I can see I'll be replacing all these screws with a bolt/washer/nylon nut in the future.
For now I put a couple of bigger screws in a few of the holes. Also you need to clean off the old silicone and apply new before reinstalling the panel.

At least on the 2017 212x I can confirm this is a great place to install tow valves if you want to do it.

valve-1.jpg

valve-2.jpg

valve-3.jpg

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Need some night time pictures. I'll be installing rgb lights inside the boat this weekend.
Yeah I won't be able to take her out for another 2 weeks. It's killing me. Really want to see if it was all worth it. Post up some picks with your install. Interior lights are next on my list.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I won't be able to take her out for another 2 weeks. It's killing me. Really want to see if it was all worth it. Post up some picks with your install. Interior lights are next on my list.
I'm sure I'll have a how-to post with day and night pictures. Everything arrives tomorrow, went with opt-7 boat light kit and also bought 2 of their expansion packs. I'll be installing them Saturday.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What did I do last night, I washed all the sand out of our boat. And by the pile at the end of my driveway, I am going to have to go postal on the "NO SHOES" rule. My family shrugged it off as me being anal, but it is gonna happen!

On a similar note, the last thing I do after washing is to pull the cleanout plugs, as that area fills with soapy water of course. And what happens next, the cleanout plug falls into the hole upside down!! AHHH!! Have you ever tried to pull one of these out from the rubber side? Let alone covered in soapy water? It's nearly impossible to grab onto one of them.

So before shoving a stick up through the pump grate to push it out, I take one of my chamois and reach down in there. It was just enough grip to allow me to grab the rubbery underside and pull it out slowly. After a couple attempts, I got it. Wow. Be careful kids, don't drop it in the lake, or in the cleanout upside down.

Have a safe Independence day holiday!! (not happy 4th of July)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What did I do last night, I washed all the sand out of our boat. And by the pile at the end of my driveway, I am going to have to go postal on the "NO SHOES" rule. My family shrugged it off as me being anal, but it is gonna happen!

On a similar note, the last thing I do after washing is to pull the cleanout plugs, as that area fills with soapy water of course. And what happens next, the cleanout plug falls into the hole upside down!! AHHH!! Have you ever tried to pull one of these out from the rubber side? Let alone covered in soapy water? It's nearly impossible to grab onto one of them.

So before shoving a stick up through the pump grate to push it out, I take one of my chamois and reach down in there. It was just enough grip to allow me to grab the rubbery underside and pull it out slowly. After a couple attempts, I got it. Wow. Be careful kids, don't drop it in the lake, or in the cleanout upside down.

Have a safe Independence day holiday!! (not happy 4th of July)
That is actually how I store my cleanout plugs when not in use so all of the water drains out of them. Of course mine are a different design then yours and I can get mine out easier.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rewired whole trailer today. Son woke up sick so lake plans got canceled. I started off last night by repairing one wire and finding trailer loaded with other issues. Was easier to just rewire the whole trailer and upgrade lights then try and solve all the issues previous owner bandaided.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday taught my son to drive the boat (first lesson). Rule in my house is that you don't drive the boat until you complete the boating safety certificate (boat-ed.com). Middle son finally did so. So took him out to teach him how to do jetboat right. Special thanks to whoever came up with the idea to practice navigating with a fender. Invaluable!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Working on the cockpit LED's today. Got the bow knocked out. I'm glad I did not do the 5050 LED's in the cockpit as those would be way too bright for me and affect my night vision. I will put the super bright 5050's on the swim deck vents. Loving the look!

IMG_9493.JPG IMG_9497.JPG IMG_9498.JPG IMG_9499.JPG image.jpeg

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed optional engine cover SeaDek today. I'm not a big fan of the look but my wife keeps slipping when stepping there so this went in. Now moving onto my LEDs, will update when done.
20180701_141808.jpg
20180701_141825.jpg
20180701_141226.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One side of the swim deck done using the brighter 5050 LED's. Holy hell those sharp ass screws that hold the blower will cut your fingernail right off when you reach under the swim deck back cushions!!! Use caution if you're installing LED's there!!!

Mounted the strip where you can't see the LED's even if laying on the swim deck...

IMG_9513.JPG IMG_9515.JPG

Garage Lights off...

IMG_9516.JPG

IMG_9517.JPG

IMG_9518.JPG

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One side of the swim deck done using the brighter 5050 LED's. Holy hell those sharp ass screws that hold the blower will cut your fingernail right off when you reach under the swim deck back cushions!!! Use caution if you're installing LED's there!!!
Looks great! How did you run the wiring for the swimdeck, and did you just stick them to the back of the seat? Thinking about trying this next week.

Tlaux

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
92175EFC-57A6-4336-8706-D574893549A9.jpeg 83A4A0C0-4DC0-4D1C-83C3-214FC4FFAD89.jpeg 52FAE93C-E3A7-4078-A8BF-A9754B9D3BA3.jpeg CD651CA9-5225-48E7-93A0-88C1D8106104.jpeg Added a couple Stainless Steel Accon Bimini Quick Release Deck Hinges to the back of the boat. Also finished my stereo upgrade by adding two more wetsounds xs 650 speakers by the passenger and driver seats as well as a wetsounds rev 10 sub. Added another Kicker marine 8 channel amp. System sounds great now, very happy.