• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great! How did you run the wiring for the swimdeck, and did you just stick them to the back of the seat? Thinking about trying this next week.
Thanks! I ran wires all the way around the boat. The swim deck lights are stuck to the fiberglass and not the cushions. Kind of a pain to contort my mitt of a hand up in there to hide the lights so you can't see them from behind. Drilled holes in the fiberglass to run each LED wire. It helps to have a mirror so you can see up behind the vent. You can see the tiny small hole I drilled by the blower (right next to the bottom right screw on the blower).

IMG_9510.JPG IMG_9512.JPG

For running the long wires to the front and helm I used my fiberglass rods from my car audio installer days. So glad I never lost those things as they were a huge help in running wires in small tight places....

IMG_9520.JPG IMG_9508.JPG

Used an old audio installer truck to make stranded wire for clean easy routing...

IMG_9502.JPG
IMG_9486.JPG
IMG_9490.JPG IMG_9487.JPG IMG_9488.JPG

Wired everything to the courtesy lighting switch at the helm...

IMG_9482.JPG

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! I ran wires all the way around the boat. The swim deck lights are stuck to the fiberglass and not the cushions. Kind of a pain to contort my mitt of a hand up in there to hide the lights so you can't see them from behind. Drilled holes in the fiberglass to run each LED wire. It helps to have a mirror so you can see up behind the vent. You can see the tiny small hole I drilled by the blower (right next to the bottom right screw on the blower).

For running the long wires to the front and helm I used my fiberglass rods from my car audio installer days. So glad I never lost those things as they were a huge help in running wires in small tight places....

Used an old audio installer truck to make stranded wire for clean easy routing...

Wires everything to the courtesy lighting switch at the helm...
Thank you! That is so helpful. Great work.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cleaning day. After a month in the slip, she was getting pretty gross. Finally bought a bottle of hot sauce after all the rave reviews here, I'm pretty impressed by it.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not getting installed today but I couldn't contain my excitement. Ditching the cheap Chinese racks I bought that were rotating on the tube and installing these sick Samson Typhoon swivel racks. One side will be wake/knee other side wake/surf/wake.

20180705_121914.jpg 20180705_121922.jpg

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Samson Typhoon swivel racks installed. These things are sooooo nice.

20180707_162508.jpg 20180707_162519.jpg

JetboatMN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Cleaning day. After a month in the slip, she was getting pretty gross. Finally bought a bottle of hot sauce after all the rave reviews here, I'm pretty impressed by it.

I just did the hot sauce treatment today as well. It’s amazing the shine you get! Looks brand new again.

JetboatMN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today I fixed my loose starboard window. Here's the fix

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Working on the cockpit LED's today. Got the bow knocked out. I'm glad I did not do the 5050 LED's in the cockpit as those would be way too bright for me and affect my night vision. I will put the super bright 5050's on the swim deck vents. Loving the look!

View attachment 77847 View attachment 77848 View attachment 77849 View attachment 77850 View attachment 77851
When I did my interior lights I added an inline dimmer. The dimming via the remote wasn't enough.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw 2 other 19 footers at the lake yesterday. This is a SMALL lake so it's extra rare. 1 of the guys had an issue with his cleanout plug. I told him about the site hopefully he joins up!

View attachment 75833
I know that ramp. I caught one of my biggest bass at that great little lake.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
20180712_115059.jpg
New steering wheel, New switch covers, new ski and anchor locker latches installed today, and a pic of the seadeck installed late last fall 20180712_115107.jpg 20180712_115115.jpg 20180712_115244.jpg