• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Mitchell_dh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the registration on, Stoltz roller and some boat buckles for the trailer. Still waiting for the oil change kit in the mail so I can complete the 10 hour service. 20180819_132522.jpg 20180819_132522.jpg 20180819_132112.jpg

Snofire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed a new blue LED replacement light over the throttles and installed a new Sony radio (previous owner had a sony in it but was 8yrs old and didn't have BT). Have to still install 2nd battery and change the wiring for the radio to go straight to it.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The list is LONG this past weekend.
2x Oil change to full synth
2x Ribbon delete (AquaSport spacer)
mounted water ski tower rack
mounted Guest 4/4 charging station
looked and looked for the lines to install the tow bypass, no luck, no idea where they are.
303'd the seats
Washed the outside of the boat and threw on the car wash clear coat
Used a sharpie to temporary color in a few small scratches :(

Wow seems like a shorter list now vs when I was sweating my @$$ off this weekend :)

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Made er shine!

6E0814EE-4B49-4B47-9BCA-6E3227979E2E.jpeg

Then put her in the water, got covered in waterspots and did it all again.... Though they all wiped off much more easily!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made er shine!

View attachment 82300

Then put her in the water, got covered in waterspots and did it all again.... Though they all wiped off much more easily!
Same here!!!! lol
Hot Sauce works well - with a base of 3x wax (Klasse).
Our murky water rivers are no match to Klasse!
upload_2018-8-26_22-52-20.png
upload_2018-8-26_22-52-52.png

--

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Same here!!!! lol
Hot Sauce works well - with a base of 3x wax (Klasse).
Our murky water rivers are no match to Klasse!
View attachment 82305
View attachment 82306

--

Wow, that is a fantastic shine! Hadn't heard of Klasse before, looks like it's on my shopping list now! I've been trying different things looking for the magic bullet, so far I've tried 3M marine liquid wax and meguiars cleaner wax. Both have done their job, but I am in the constant pursuit of perfection.

I can't wait for my Hot Sauce order to come in, tried to cheap out with some starbright water spot remover with PTEF and it's ok.... But I haven't been wowed

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, that is a fantastic shine! Hadn't heard of Klasse before, looks like it's on my shopping list now! I've been trying different things looking for the magic bullet, so far I've tried 3M marine liquid wax and meguiars cleaner wax. Both have done their job, but I am in the constant pursuit of perfection.

I can't wait for my Hot Sauce order to come in, tried to cheap out with some starbright water spot remover with PTEF and it's ok.... But I haven't been wowed
Of many waxes I've tried the Klasse (All-in-one) is the best, and also about the easiest to use.
It is a "cleaner wax" with deep penetration that spreads very easily and comes off trim and plastic beautifully (so no need to avoid the trim). Also - almost no buffing required.

Hot Sauce (by Boat Bling) is fantastic, for certain things. Like "out of the water" wipe down, and later - for removing hard water spots and slight mineral deposits that start building up and removing scummy stains from around the water line. But it will not remove "deep" stains. That's where Klasse (All-in one) rules.

I wax about twice a season with buffer and all, then just use Klasse as needed, and Hot Sauce - a lot (buy it by a gallon).

Lately - I have been comparing the Meguiares Xpress wax (which is basically their UQW) with Hot Sauce - they work somewhat similar. UQW is slightly better/easier to get quick shine, but does not remove hard water spots and waterline stains as good as Hot Sauce - in my hands, so I stick with HS - which also shines best on the ramp on wet hull.
Neither can touch, or come close, Klasse as far as removing stains/discolorations, but that's expected.

For inside the cockpit, upholstery, engine bay - I use 303 AP, by a gallon.
(and I mean - by a gallon, lol; about finished with my 3rd gallon for this season)

--

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I use 303 AP, by a gallon.
(and I mean - by a gallon, lol; about finished with my 3rd gallon for this season)
Bahaha that's alot of 303, picked some up for seats, that is awesome stuff! Also used the 3M vinyl cleaner and protectant, which did an ok job cleaning but I didn't give it long enough to judge the protection.

Thanks for the deets on both the Klasse and Hot Sauce, we fight water so hard I sometimes wonder if it can actually be called "Fresh" so I'm looking forward to trying it!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Of many waxes I've tried the Klasse (All-in-one) is the best, and also about the easiest to use.
It is a "cleaner wax" with deep penetration that spreads very easily and comes off trim and plastic beautifully (so no need to avoid the trim). Also - almost no buffing required.

Hot Sauce (by Boat Bling) is fantastic, for certain things. Like "out of the water" wipe down, and later - for removing hard water spots and slight mineral deposits that start building up and removing scummy stains from around the water line. But it will not remove "deep" stains. That's where Klasse (All-in one) rules.

I wax about twice a season with buffer and all, then just use Klasse as needed, and Hot Sauce - a lot (buy it by a gallon).

Lately - I have been comparing the Meguiares Xpress wax (which is basically their UQW) with Hot Sauce - they work somewhat similar. UQW is slightly better/easier to get quick shine, but does not remove hard water spots and waterline stains as good as Hot Sauce - in my hands, so I stick with HS - which also shines best on the ramp on wet hull.
Neither can touch, or come close, Klasse as far as removing stains/discolorations, but that's expected.

For inside the cockpit, upholstery, engine bay - I use 303 AP, by a gallon.

--
First I've heard of Klasse. I use Hot Sauce a lot. So you use both - how do you use these 2 products, which for what situation? It seems that they have similar uses so just wondering why you don't just use Klasse all the time as it seems you indicate it works slightly better than Hot Sauce? I love Hot Sauce but I have noticed that there are a couple of small slightly dull spots where my bumpers have rubbed that hot sauce can't bring the shine back - would Klasse be able to help shine up those spots or is re-polishing the only way to get rid of those dull spots?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First I've heard of Klasse. I use Hot Sauce a lot. So you use both - how do you use these 2 products, which for what situation? It seems that they have similar uses so just wondering why you don't just use Klasse all the time as it seems you indicate it works slightly better than Hot Sauce? I love Hot Sauce but I have noticed that there are a couple of small slightly dull spots where my bumpers have rubbed that hot sauce can't bring the shine back - would Klasse be able to help shine up those spots or is re-polishing the only way to get rid of those dull spots?
Klasse (all-in-one) is a cleaner wax which I find amazing, overall.
I do not think it can beat traditional hard waxes w/carnuba that require serious buffing, but considering the relative ease of use and the fact it works great on trim - I love it. It has a lot of fillers and it penetrates deep.
The Hot Sauce or Meguiar's UQW etc. are great but totally different. While Klasse is (relatively) quick and easy it is not a spray and still fairly tedious application (not something I would want to use on the ramp).

One example I can give from my own experience (sorry no pics!) is with the OEM premium cover - heavy rain can cause very unsightly blackish runoff streaks - really ugly on white hull! Because those run strait down and start exactly at the cover's edge - those are perfect for testing cleaners and waxes!

So I played with this with various products, always come back to Klasse. Neither HS or UQW will completely remove those stains, doesn't matter how much elbow grease. Flagship (Meg's cleaner wax - very good) and other products are okay, but the Klasse is just ridiculous.

--

Snofire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today I wired up the SeaSystems Terminal, QC3.0 dual charger, flip switch, and the BoatBuckles (I snapped the bolt that came with it as it wouldn't go on or come off, no cross threaded). Also drilled in a 2nd QC3.0 dual charger in the back of the glove box. Last night we ran wires for the radio to the 2nd battery, installed the 2nd battery, and installed the on board charger.

The mod bug has gotten me and it's fun but sucks in the heat/humidity.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pre-Vacation hull-cleaning. So jealous of you folks with lifts.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sad day.

Changed oil/filter on both motors, which ended up perfectly timed to 50hr service anyway. Winterized the shower and the motors, and emptied her out until next season.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sad day.

Changed oil/filter on both motors, which ended up perfectly timed to 50hr service anyway. Winterized the shower and the motors, and emptied her out until next season.
That is sad!
We took another couple with us all dressed up out on the boat, ordered an appetizer from one resteraunt and sat on lake while waiting for the fancy place to open up. Had dinner out side and then returned on the boat about 11ish. Was about midnight before home and they left.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Winterized the boat. Still need to pull it to the gas station to fill her up

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Winterized the boat. Still need to pull it to the gas station to fill her up
Why are you winterizing? You live in Oklahoma! I would think you could enjoy the lakes that are void of people and still warm enough to swim in. We certainly enjoy fall boating when we have time to go.