• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally got tired of not being able to hear the music on a plane and dropped some serious coin on sound upgrades. No problems hearing the music on a plane now, even with army issued hearing loss :)

Replaced stock speakers with 6x JL Audio MX650 Speakers
Added JL Audio M600/6 amp

For poops and giggles and no other good purpose whatsoever, installed some LEDs below the waterline
2x Jiawill Underwater Boat Lights

UW Lights.jpg

I was on an upgrade roll and a delivery from @JetBoatPilot showed up so... I went ahead and tackled laying down the SeaDek and added 2x Lumitec lights for bow cockpit illumination under the forward cushions shining into the bow deck.
SeaDek.jpg

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did I do to my boat - ran it aground.
I am so glad we went with a jet and not an I/O again. I'd be replacing a prop and skeg for the third time this year. Absolutely amazed because both motors we running as the front of the hull pushed into an unseen gravel bar, and yet not a single rock passed through the pump. I'll have to add a keel guard but that was proof the keel is lower then the pump intakes. Thanks Yamaha!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@LKNHokie,

How do you like the JL amp and speakers so far???

I am seriously looking at the M600/6 also, along with a separate sub amp (can’t recall which M mode I was leaning toward).

TY!!!

@jocolo21,

I was wondering the same thing of why the XD vs M series.

Also, what size power wire did you run to the block?

TY!!!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
after seen what was going on with the stock WS amp I didn't want to chance it plus I already had the JL from my other boat. used the JL 700/5 to power the REVs10 and 2 subs the 400/4 for the boat speakers. sounds is amazing lest than 1/2 a volume is all I need to disturbe the peace , :)

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Talked to the finance lady about our just recently placed boat order if that counts!!!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
after seen what was going on with the stock WS amp I didn't want to chance it plus I already had the JL from my other boat. used the JL 700/5 to power the REVs10 and 2 subs the 400/4 for the boat speakers. sounds is amazing lest than 1/2 a volume is all I need to disturbe the peace , :)
What was happening with the stock ws amp???

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@LKNHokie,

I am seriously looking at the M600/6 also, along with a separate sub amp (can’t recall which M mode I was leaning toward).

TY!!!

@jocolo21,

I was wondering the same thing of why the XD vs M series.

Also, what size power wire did you run to the block?

TY!!!
the XD is much cheaper tha the M on the JL amps, neither is wather proof just a coating on the M, I buy the refurbish ones been running them for 3 years with no problems at all, I used the stock wire that was running the stock WS amp, the added some of my own.

stock amp is very limited by Yamaha from the factory

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
the XD is much cheaper tha the M on the JL amps, neither is wather proof just a coating on the M, I buy the refurbish ones been running them for 3 years with no problems at all, I used the stock wire that was running the stock WS amp, the added some of my own.

stock amp is very limited by Yamaha from the factory
TY!!!

I may have to look at the available XD models as well!!!

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@LKNHokie,

TY!!!
I love it so far, my main complaint was I couldn't hear the speakers on a plane, the amp works well and I can hear now without any annoying hum or interference. I cheated and paid someone to install it for me, so I can't help with any of that, but we did discuss the options to use the same amp to expand the speaker array if I wanted. right now each speaker is on its own channel, but I could move these around if I wanted to add tower speakers or an sub.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cleaned a summer's worth of growth, from wetslipping, from the hull including, for the first time, Zebra Mussels found on equipment on the transom. ie. Jet pumps, fins, trim tabs and transducer. Lake algae build up is not that bad this far north.
20181012_083129.jpg
20181012_103415.jpg
20181011_093041.jpg
20181011_093503.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper what do you use to clean the hull? We have zebra mussels in our lake too, but they haven't been seen like that in several years.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@PEARCE I used Starbrite Hull Cleaner. I did not know how it would work on mussels, prior to trying, but I figured the oxalic acid might loosen them up. It did, I made up a solution in a bucket. I applied it to the clusters of muscles and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then I used a stiff brush brush to disrupt their world. They came right off. I think if you applied the solution, waited and then pressure washed with hot or cold water, it will remove them quicker. The Starbrite does work to clean the hull and release the mussels' grip.
20181011_093302.jpg

Last edited:

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length