• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why are you winterizing? You live in Oklahoma! I would think you could enjoy the lakes that are void of people and still warm enough to swim in. We certainly enjoy fall boating when we have time to go.
Well with football games on Friday night and saturday. life gets in the way. Got my boat done and then went to stilly. Plus winterizing is super easy , if we have a chance I will do it again.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed chart plotter In the dash of my 19 Sx190. Found a Garmin Echomap 53cv and I figured it’s one of the only ones that will flush mount in the 2019 space. For under $300 since it’s being discontinued, I can’t complain.

Attachments

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also had time to install Stoltz roller

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed chart plotter In the dash of my 19 Sx190. Found a Garmin Echomap 53cv and I figured it’s one of the only ones that will flush mount in the 2019 space. For under $300 since it’s being discontinued, I can’t complain.
Looks great!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I replaced my battery switch knobs! I have no idea why they appeared Sun baked. But the yellow one actually fell apart.

So for roughly $7 each I replaced all three. Yellow and red. They look like new again and won’t cut your fingers when turning.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Git 'Er Done.
I mean, waxed. So therapeutic.
upload_2018-9-17_12-5-48.png

--

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Git "Er Done.
I mean, waxed. So therapeutic.
View attachment 83391

--
When I get to wash any of our vehicles, especially the truck, or any of our toys it is my therapy as well. I got a double dose of my therapy on Saturday when I got to wash the big boat and we then got to go out for a nice late afternoon cruise. That was a very therapeutic day after a very busy work week. 20180915_185013.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Needed to pull the clean out plugs for the second time in 3 summers. Late in our season up here, and Lake levels are low. Arrived at the marina Monday morning to Milfoil everywhere.
20180917_110748.jpg
Out at the slip, it was a little deeper but we still had to drive thru some floating masses to get out.
20180917_111819.jpg
Tried to sneak past the weeds, but they ended up plugging the intake grate and wrapping around the shaft causing both engines to come out of "no-wake". Limped over to the fuel dock to pull the clean out plugs. After 5 mins. per side of pulling weeds, we were clear to go. I love having clean out plugs. One of the managers, manning the fuel pumps, watched and then offered a deeper slip til the end of the season on a 30' finger with shore power. So we moved on up, to the E dock.
20180918_075249.jpg
A little smaller than the 27'-30'ers around us, but I think we will fit right in, once we turn the boat around. Did not feel like changing the fenders at the end of the day.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Needed to pull the clean out plugs for the second time in 3 summers. Late in our season up here, and Lake levels are low. Arrived at the marina Monday morning to Milfoil everywhere.
View attachment 83436
Out at the slip, it was a little deeper but we still had to drive thru some floating masses to get out.
View attachment 83437
Tried to sneak past the weeds, but they ended up plugging the intake grate and wrapping around the shaft causing both engines to come out of "no-wake". Limped over to the fuel dock to pull the clean out plugs. After 5 mins. per side of pulling weeds, we were clear to go. I love having clean out plugs. One of the managers, manning the fuel pumps, watched and then offered a deeper slip til the end of the season on a 30' finger with shore power. So we moved on up, to the E dock.
View attachment 83438
A little smaller than the 27'-30'ers around us, but I think we will fit right in, once we turn the boat around. Did not feel like changing the fenders at the end of the day.
Looks like you're in good company there @zipper . Too bad ya'll slips aren't covered for the motor boats like we have here in Texas and the south and in general. Do all those boats gets pulled out for winter storage? Does the lake freeze solid? Where are you going to keep your sailboat this winter if no in the water? I always enjoy your post by the way. Cheers!!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@PEARCE Thanks! Yes they take care of us. Ya, covered slips would be nice but they do not exist up here. Yes, all boats get pulled in the next 5-6 weeks. This part of the lake freezes solid, enough to drive a truck on to get to the fishing shanties. The broad lake usually remains open. The Yamaha will come home and over winter in the arena. The Beneteau will sit, right there, in her cradle at the lake's edge all winter after winterizing and shrink wrapping.
20180918_084315.jpg

Last edited:

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's pretty nifty. What's on the back - elastic loop or velcro?

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's pretty nifty. What's on the back - elastic loop or velcro?
Its 1" nylon webbing (think backpack straps) with basic, adjustable, flat side release buckles. I had him make me a flap with velcro that I can lay the webbing in and then velcro the flap closed over it when not in use.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to say, it was 59 degrees and sunny yesterday. Warm enough to wash, wax, buff and prep the boat for bed. A couple of oil changes and it’s ready to go. Woke up to 45 degrees this morning and snow in the forecast for this week.

Keep the warm weather photos coming, we will boat vicariously through you guys!

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to say, it was 59 degrees and sunny yesterday. Warm enough to wash, wax, buff and prep the boat for bed. A couple of oil changes and it’s ready to go. Woke up to 45 degrees this morning and snow in the forecast for this week.

Keep the warm weather photos coming, we will boat vicariously through you guys!
All winterized and tucked away in it’s heated home for the winter. Sad to say, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!

Attachments