• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a tip from @Jaylex on some LED lights to add to my tower for cockpit lighting back in May and purchased them shortly after. I've been sitting on them for months... but the wait is over and the results are AWESOME!

3 on the tower and a 4th in the engine compartment. All wired to the factory courtesy lights.

20181021_164620-02.jpeg 20181021_192651-01.jpeg 20181021_192721-01.jpeg

I did a full write up on the install here:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/adding-led-tower-lights-2016-ar240.20019/

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did my first oil change by myself instead of giving the dealer $300 in labor. Was a piece of cake and wish I wouldn’t have let the dealer do it the first 2 oil changes. But glad I can do it myself now. Don’t have to take the boat anywhere for the service and $$ saved. Win win. Tomorrow will be a full detail inside and out and back in garage for the winter. Will
Probably tackle the spark plugs in spring myself.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I started taping and prepping to send my new speakers to the paint shop. I love when speakers match the boat colors
There are a few tower speakers not pictured 954741E7-AA49-4C7E-A6D4-B56BB832EB72.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmmm...boat projects on the kitchen table. How does that go over in your house?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hmmmm...boat projects on the kitchen table. How does that go over in your house?
Must complete while everyone is sleeping

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks good until guests come for dinner. Our dining workbench/chart table gets used for all kinds of projects, and even for eating at when friends come to dinner. His/hers projects currently on the table...hers, ASA 105 Coastal Navigation course. She needs the table for the charts. His, comparing samples of marine plywood/veneer for cabin sole/floor replacement, on the Benetuau, with natural woods here that will be used as trim in the cabin. Looks like the captain approved the cherry/holly plywood for the sole and the Black Cherry trim pieces over the Black Locust. The Black Cherry comes from the farm and 1/2" Cherry/holly plywood is a lot cheaper than Teak/holly. And we both like the color of the cherry better than the teak.
20181023_071830.jpg

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 2018 x and e series boats have an adjustable bimini so I milled and tapped a piece of aluminum that can be used as a spacer to tip the Bimini up so my 6’ 2” height will fit without smashing my scalp . Did the best I could with wood cutting tools , grinder and drill . One more and I will be ready for next season. The spacer is 7/8 “ thick

upload_2018-10-23_13-34-3.jpeg

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the new mooring cover.

I’m interested to see how much water runs down that tower into the boat tomorrow when it rains.

So far the shipping cover has let very little through with lots of heavy rain lately and I think that was just from the air vents up top.
3E105B2C-F006-4638-A599-E623C3C2222E.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the new mooring cover.

I’m interested to see how much water runs down that tower into the boat tomorrow when it rains.

So far the shipping cover has let very little through with lots of heavy rain lately and I think that was just from the air vents up top.
View attachment 84627
Those premium covers are pretty decent, but whenever parked in the open I try to raise the bow as much as possible, for example a cinder block under tongue jack does the trick. Lets any water that gets in drain out the scupper.

--

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Over the last 5 days or so I’ve changed the oil (first time not taking to dealer for this). Saved myself $300 in labor. Won’t be going to the dealer for oil change or spark plugs ever again! Did a full detail on the boat inside and out, cleaned the engines and components surrounding engine that had some salt corrosion with some fresh water and a brush then sprayed the area with a nice coat of Marine CRC 6-56. Engine area looks way better now (have a before and after pic of engines below). New tank of stabilized gas and ready for its 3rd winter tucked in the garage. I almost left it on the new lift we had installed this year for the winter but the boat still looks new after 2 years of keeping it in the garage so even having a lift, I’m going to keep it warm and away from the sun, snow and rain until next spring. Have a third garage might as well use it for something useful, since my sports cars not coming till my daughters in college, haha. Next spring I will tackle the spark plugs for the first time by myself. Should be pretty simple from what I’ve read. Clean out plugs are’t going in and out as easy as they used to so I squirted some of this marine CRC on those also. Hope it helps for next season. Thanks to all for the help in answering questions along the way, this is a great site with great people!

Attachments

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks great @Hilario Perez. Really like the way the SeaDeck compliments your seat trim. Nice job.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes it does thanks for the comment I appreciate it I think it's a great upgrade I'm so happy that I have it on me and my buddies are heading to Fort Lauderdale next weekend get some use out of it.

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cleaned her up and put away for the winter. Did I mention I hate winter.
Also, greased intermediate bearing. How many pumps on the grease gun does everyone add?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That Go5 installation looks great. Really love the flat dash panel on the newer ones.