• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey guys, I'm SUPER late to this thread but I am a tech at a dealer that sells Tige, Moomba/Supra, and MasterCraft so can gladly answer any questions, take any pics, and hopefully provide you with any info your after. Also get out surfing quite a but so can offer up some opinions on function as well as form.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well got all my dock lines, fenders, etc. Got my lead today. But my makai is still at SC waiting for a truck. Been done since Tuesday. Oddly this is only the second day we would be out since we decided to make the new purchase. Shitty summer. 8E3AEC2E-10B3-41D3-B6C5-EC7242C8AB28.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice! It won't be too much longer now and I know the wait is killing you lol.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well got all my dock lines, fenders, etc. Got my lead today. But my makai is still at SC waiting for a truck. Been done since Tuesday. Oddly this is only the second day we would be out since we decided to make the new purchase. Shitty summer. View attachment 99663
That's a bummer man. Weve had issues getting our Skiers Choice boats as well. They only run a couple of their own truck and contract out the rest. I think with the market staying red hot the companies that are equipped with the right trailers are booked solid. Our last Supra showed up on a big ol gooseneck car hauler trailer pulled by a 1ton dualie, so at this point seems to me like Skiers is scrambling to find guys to haul their boats.

Hopefully it shows soon. Cant wait to see some pics. Good call on that pile of lead!!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's a bummer man. Weve had issues getting our Skiers Choice boats as well. They only run a couple of their own truck and contract out the rest. I think with the market staying red hot the companies that are equipped with the right trailers are booked solid. Our last Supra showed up on a big ol gooseneck car hauler trailer pulled by a 1ton dualie, so at this point seems to me like Skiers is scrambling to find guys to haul their boats.

Hopefully it shows soon. Cant wait to see some pics. Good call on that pile of lead!!
I'm about to hire someone and make the dealer pay lol. I get it though. With the price of these boats moomba has a big share of the market now. Prob much more than their infrastructure can handle. I can't believe your $150k plus boat came from a cat rocking a 1 ton.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm about to hire someone and make the dealer pay lol. I get it though. With the price of these boats moomba has a big share of the market now. Prob much more than their infrastructure can handle. I can't believe your $150k plus boat came from a cat rocking a 1 ton.
I think the other part of it is SC, Malibu/Axis and MC are all built near each other in Tennessee and they are all selling lots of boats too so I think everyone is competing to get shippers right now. That's my assumption anyways.

Yup. A big ol bubba and his old lady was sleeping in the back seat. Poor mans sleeper cab right?? 😉🤣

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sincere question here. Why do these dedicated wake boats need aftermarket ballast kits and lead weight to surf?

Last edited:

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They will all throw a decent Surf Wave right out of the box. Some better than others, but that's also somewhat subjective(some are more of a skim wave, some are more a surf wave). To answer your question though, manufacturers really can't get away with running as much weight as they want to really maximize the wave because then they are over Coast Guard capacity. So additional ballast helps to really unlock the wave potential and you can typically get it taller, longer, and have more push with additional ballast.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^^Exactly.

To add, these boats are BIG. The stock systems are intended to work at their potential with a near full boat pushing it into the water. If you don't have a near full boat then you'll want to add ballast to compensate for the lighter load. There's no replacement for displacement. Want a big wave then you need weight.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Sincere question here. Why do these dedicated wake boats need aftermarket ballast kits and lead weight to surf?
it's really just a simple formula. Take the Max capacity of your boat. Then be at, at least 80% of that. So my max for my boat is 6500 lbs. I have 4000 lbs of stock ballast. So I'm about 1200 lbs short of 80%. Well why would they do that you ask. Marketing. If they added another 1200 lbs that's like 8 less people that could be on the boat. So a 24.5 ft boat with a capacity of 10 isn't exactly easy to market. So you have a decent wave stock prob 10x better than anything my little jet boat could do. But if you spend 100k for a boat you don't want just OK. So I spent another $1285 on 1200 lbs of lead to give me a proper wave. I opted not to add the wakeboard racks that are $3000. So still under what I could have been with wakeboard racks but no extra weight.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow! Glad to see them make a stab at staying current. Theyve been building out of the 215 and 237 molds for so long!! Guess they finally decided to shell out the R and D $ and tooling costs for a new boat. I wonder if their neighbors up the road (MB) will do the same. Both those two have just been doing tower, helm, and surf system changes to the same old hulls for quite a while.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice looking boat. Big Bimini top too.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow! Glad to see them make a stab at staying current. Theyve been building out of the 215 and 237 molds for so long!! Guess they finally decided to shell out the R and D $ and tooling costs for a new boat. I wonder if their neighbors up the road (MB) will do the same. Both those two have just been doing tower, helm, and surf system changes to the same old hulls for quite a while.
There's been rumors for the longest time that a new 24' Tomcat will come from MB but that didn't happen last year so maybe this year. Who knows lol. I looked into MB when I was shopping and liked the boats but the dealer support here is weak and I didn't feel comfortable going with it because of that reason. I mean the dealer here his showroom was just two boats in it with very minimal upkeep and overhead. His shop was a detached garage so yea wasn't going down that road. They make a nice boat though and gotta love the deep V.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
5200lbs ballast. Damn!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some more pics of it. Yea the observers seat is a bit weird layout. Kind of gives them their own wrap around section.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure where you are getting your info about MB from or how "quite a while" is defined, but the B52 23 got a new hull in 2018, The F22 was new in 2014 and got a new running surface and top deck in 2019, there's an all new F24 coming out any day now.