• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on 255 FSH Sport E

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont understand how they can raise the price on a boat you already had a deposit on and should have had last fall under normal conditions

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hello Everyone.
My boat is arriving at the dealer I've been told FSH 255 sport e in teal. The dealer has raised his base price from my original March quote from $83099.00 to over 86,000.00 Has anyone else experienced this upon delivery? I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this boat or sell it for something else I have a deposit on.

Michael
That 83099 has no sales tax with it. That's why its over 86 now.

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No sales tax..I'm out of state and will have to pay the sales tax when I register..

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Supply and demand.. They know if I don't accept it there are twenty other people on a list they have accumulated and several of them will pay the extra..

Messina919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I live in South Florida on the Atlantic side and have taken it out in 3-5 footers, along with some rough inlets. It handled much better than I had expected. The only real issue I have ran into is the seaweed. Really have to pay attention to not run it over, which is difficult where I live.
How did that go? When you run over seaweed does it stop the engine?

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Welp, we got a call from the dealer and we are now getting a 2022 model after being told for 3 months ours is coming in. It is expected mid July to mid August only difference is $10k price increase… we pre ordered Sept 2020.
UPDATE JULY 12

The dealership called us and said they found a 2021 and it should be in within 1-2 weeks… I’ll keep y’all posted..

Messina919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m finally picking up my 255 on Friday. Dealer held the price from February when I put down my deposit. Plan on taking it off shore Saturday for some fishing.
Congrats. Share some pictures

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had it out all weekend in the ocean and the bay. Got it up to 53mph in the bay. It handles like a dream and gets on plane quick. Really steers well at low speeds.
Great, works good with the lighting. I was very pleasantly surprised with the low speed steering as well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had it out all weekend in the ocean and the bay. Got it up to 53mph in the bay. It handles like a dream and gets on plane quick. Really steers well at low speeds.
That’s great to hear Andrew! Love seeing the positive post! And it looks great with your mood lighting!

usafsmyth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello! I came across this forum after getting interested in a 255 FSH. Wow is Yamaha sporadic! Tried to find a boat around April and told no way, none available and you need to put a deposit down but more likely will be waiting for the 2022's. So I just decide to wait and not fool around with a deposit.

Then out of the blue, dealership calls and says we have one coming if interested and they had kept my info for such an instance...so I jump on it and slap the deposit down ( this is now end of May). Around mid June, dealer calls......"Bad news...Yamaha has canceled the boat along with line 5 others of various models, you either refund the deposit or you're first in line for a 2022".

CRAP, So I let it ride and wait for the 2022. Then BAM last week they call and who knows how, a 255 is dropping the next day and mine if I want it. I get to take delivery of it this Friday! Black boat with the white interior, which is really growing on me... I had preferred the teal, now the other way around.

Hang in there folks, lol miracles happen and they can happen to you too! I'm thinking about making some YouTube videos maybe just to get some more content for people like yourself other than the same ones that have been there since it came out. Mostly freshwater boating for me right now, so I could provide info on that at the start but....it's a thought.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Please do! I'm sure I'm not the only one on the fence about this vs. the 210 I already have. Of course the boat is "more" but is it worth all the BS that comes with actually getting one and the premium to do so?!?

Hmkingsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welp, we got a call from the dealer and we are now getting a 2022 model after being told for 3 months ours is coming in. It is expected mid July to mid August only difference is $10k price increase… we pre ordered Sept 2020.
Base price rose 16k… just signed my life over lol. After all was said and done 105k on a 2022 252 fsh sport. Boat is at dealer and should be ready for pick up friday

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Base price rose 16k… just signed my life over lol. After all was said and done 105k on a 2022 252 fsh sport. Boat is at dealer and should be ready for pick up friday
wow! Did the dealer mark it up?

Hmkingsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
wow! Did the dealer mark it up?
No it was just all them taxes and fees but like I said I did do the GAP insurance, extended warranty and service plan. Those three were right around 11k so if it was just the boat I would’ve been around 95k OTD.
What bothers me is that the price went up so much and they didn’t even try to honor the 21 price even though I had deposit down since last November.
I was just getting FOMO so we decided to go ahead and do it

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Soooo, you are picking up a 2022???
This is a bombshell.
What color is it?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No it was just all them taxes and fees but like I said I did do the GAP insurance, extended warranty and service plan. Those three were right around 11k so if it was just the boat I would’ve been around 95k OTD.
What bothers me is that the price went up so much and they didn’t even try to honor the 21 price even though I had deposit down since last November.
I was just getting FOMO so we decided to go ahead and do it
Not sure what insurance company you use, but the Yamaha GAP insurance should be unnecessary. I have exact replacement value on mine and it will always also pay off the note regardless of what the boat is valued it. This is through AAA insurance. Call your boat insurance company and discuss it with them if you have not. GAP is basically garbage and way to eek more money out of you.

Hmkingsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Soooo, you are picking up a 2022???
This is a bombshell.
What color is it?
It’s called sea glass. It’s kinda grey/brown. I’d post a photo but they asked me not too until the official release later this month… but I could privately send it lol

Hmkingsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure what insurance company you use, but the Yamaha GAP insurance should be unnecessary. I have exact replacement value on mine and it will always also pay off the note regardless of what the boat is valued it. This is through AAA insurance. Call your boat insurance company and discuss it with them if you have not. GAP is basically garbage and way to eek more money out of you.
Thank you!! I’ll have to check that out because the GAP was 1700