• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thru Hull Fitting on Trailer Bunk

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
2021 210 FSH. I noticed the starboard trailer bunk carpet ripped. It was replaced. Then I noticed indentations in the carpet and indications the carpet may rip again. Through the forum, I found out it is from the thru hull pick up for the live well. Has anyone else had a problem with the thru hull and the bunk carpet not playing well together? If so, has anyone made any modifications, maybe to the bunk, that remedied this?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My bunk carpet has indentations but so far has not ripped. Sure would be nice if it wasn’t sitting on that fitting.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seems standard anymore. My ‘19 242X ballast intake consistently rests on the bunk.
No problems so far. Several 6 hour tows a year bouncing around like that.

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Might be a project for this winter to modify the bunk so it has an indentation in the area so the pick up doesn’t damage the carpet again. Also, the port side of the boat rests slightly on the wheel fenders while on the trailer. Maybe I’ll solve both of those issues.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you adjust the bunk higher or lower to avoid contact with the fitting?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Might be a project for this winter to modify the bunk so it has an indentation in the area so the pick up doesn’t damage the carpet again. Also, the port side of the boat rests slightly on the wheel fenders while on the trailer. Maybe I’ll solve both of those issues.
Here‘s a thread that deals with the close tolerance between boat and fenders…the solution is on page 4 post #74.

While I have never had the boat touch the fender it is very close, might be a winter project this year.

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I haven‘t looked to see if I can adjust the bunks but if it’s like my previous Yamaha’s trailer, they are fixed in place. I like the aluminum lift blocks on the trailer in that forum but I may go another route. I may just install a 1” pressure treated deck board on top of the existing 2x6 bunks when I replace them this winter. They existing ones need to be replaced anyway since they are untreated.
It will raise the boat 1” for fender clearance and give me room to make a clearance notch for the live well pick up.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven‘t looked to see if I can adjust the bunks but if it’s like my previous Yamaha’s trailer, they are fixed in place. I like the aluminum lift blocks on the trailer in that forum but I may go another route. I may just install a 1” pressure treated deck board on top of the existing 2x6 bunks when I replace them this winter. They existing ones need to be replaced anyway since they are untreated.
It will raise the boat 1” for fender clearance and give me room to make a clearance notch for the live well pick up.
I like the idea of having access to that thru hull while its not in the water! I may look into that myself.