• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tire/Wheel Combo?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any combos you recommend? (And where from? Just want to have new wheels/tires shipped to my door so I can put them on the trailer. I will keep my current ones as spares.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No combo to recommend, but I’d look here:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
eCustomHitch | eBay Stores has nice wheels at enticing prices. They will combine with tires but unfortunately no American tires.

Radams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
+1 for ecustomhitch/ecustomrim.com as you won't find a better deal. Just put st205/75r15 tires + 15" aluminum wheels on tandem axle galvanized shorelander with a spare. Replaced the old stock steel wheels and st215/75r14 tires. They include shipping and will mount tires too.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks and costs aside, I recommend the good year endurance tires with a D load rating and rims with the a similar rating.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with contenders or something like that from etrailer.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Goodyear Endurance "D" rated trailer tires are AMAZING. Seriously... it's like towing a completely different trailer.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Goodyear Endurance "D" rated trailer tires are AMAZING. Seriously... it's like towing a completely different trailer.
I can't find them with an aluminum wheel - I am going to run by my local tire shop and see what they can do.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you switch from bias to radial? That is a big change.

I have Goodyear Marathons on my trailer now. They have lasted longer than the previous Chinese trailer tires recommended by my local tire shop. But they tow about the same. I have made a few 2,500 mile round trips on both.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you switch from bias to radial? That is a big change.

I have Goodyear Marathons on my trailer now. They have lasted longer than the previous Chinese trailer tires recommended by my local tire shop. But they tow about the same. I have made a few 2,500 mile round trips on both.
I did - and after I did I wish I would've done that as the FIRST upgrade ever. Such a difference in the way the boat handles behind the truck.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did - and after I did I wish I would've done that as the FIRST upgrade ever. Such a difference in the way the boat handles behind the truck.
It is frustrating that the trailers come with bias tires. Might save $200 but such terrible tires.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Silky smooth by comparison.