• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TR-1 Engine Alternator Output

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay Boys and Girls,

Finally got a chance to run the engines on the hose with the new smart shunt on the house battery.

With no accessories on I started the starboard engine and turned on the water, I waited until I read 14.4 volts on the start battery, verified no amp draw on the house battery then closed the DVSR enable switch, 10 seconds later the DVSR closed and I was getting 6.8-7A’s of charge gong into the 100Ah LiFePO4 house battery on one engine at idle, raised the rpms to 3500 and got 13.12A’s. Started the port engine and raised both engines to 3500 rpm’s and read 26A’s of charge current going into the house battery.

So there you have it, roughly 7A’s of charge per engine at idle, and 13A’s of charge per engine at 3500 rpm’s. This is very close to a thread I once read that said the TR-1’s were good for 14A’s but I’ve never been able to find that thread again.

I have no idea what the engine consumes for the fuel pump, injectors and ECU. But lets assume that the stator is 200 watts, divide that my 14.4, and you get 13.888A’s, so 13.89 which cries out to be 14A’s. I find it hard to believe that the fuel pump and injectors would only be drawing 1A, but all that matters is now I know, and so do you, how much charge current is available off of the TR-1 engines. I’ll be doing some more measurements once I get on the water.