• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TR-1 oil level

Check your manual. Your profile is showing you have a Sea Ray, and if you have a Yamaha, it'll be in the manual about when to check it.

10-15 minutes may not be enough, as evidenced by your statement that it's correct when cold. Mine should be checked when warm, in the water, and I would want it to be middle to not quite full at that point.

Yours may be different, but it's in the manual somewhere

The reason for my question is that the owners manual states to check without resting after running.

However, the service manual states to “rest for 5 minutes or more”. Because this is a dry sump oil system, the rest vs no test matters on oil level.

When you check the oil level, do you insert the dip stick "Oil tank filler cap" as far as you can without screwing it in or do you screw it in and read that maximum depth?
Service manual says "insert completely" but not sure if that means to screw it all the way in as well as I know some trucks or auto you don't screw them down when you check them.

Screw them in.

Back